Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of devices you're using it with?
Just tried putting my TB2->TB3 adapter at clover screen, and it still doesn't show up in USB devices, unlike my Z370N desktop where it works fine on USB-C port. Waiting for TB3->DP and TB3->Ethernet+USB adapters to arrive, to test them.

... 10 minutes later ...
OMG! IT WORKS! Thank you!!! :)
Since XPS port is TB3, and Z370N is USB-C 3.1, devices are being shown in different sections of system information app.
Z370N shows it under USB, and XPS shows it under PCI. And I can finally use my Apple TB2 Gigabit Ethernet adapter! :)
Doesn't work for miniDP though. Apparently, this TB3->TB2 adapter is for USB devices only.
I'm using my Dell TB16 Thunderbolt dock (this one), it's working fine both on Linux and on Windows, I can't test the video outputs, but the usb3 and usb2 ports are working only if I plug it in while I'm at the Clover screen

What's interesting, hot plug doesn't work not just on TB3 port, but also on TB2 port of TB3->TB2 adapter (once it's working)

Got hibernate and auto hibernate on low battery working.
Mojave takes 25 seconds to resume from hibernate, while High Sierra only takes 2.
I wonder how does it manage to do it so quickly.

After the BIOS update sleep seems to be working with my usual user, not sure if it's a coincidence but glad it is working.

@blazinsmokey @mazakiss , how many seconds does your XPS 9560 take to get to sleep? Mine takes around 8 seconds, I remember it was faster in High Sierra but to be honest I don't care that much as I enable sleep maybe twice a day.

average 15 to 20 seconds after closing the lid.

I finally got reliable Thunderbolt 3 hot plug using a patched version of the SSDT from this thread, specifically the SSDT V2 patched to use RP15 instead of RP05

EDIT:
I forgot to upload the patched SSDT

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3.aml
    2.3 KB · Views: 129
I finally got reliable Thunderbolt 3 hot plug using a patched version of the SSDT from this thread, specifically the SSDT V2 patched to use RP15 instead of RP05

EDIT:
I forgot to upload the patched SSDT
I've checked the guide and it raises more questions than it answers.
Can you maybe record a screencast of what you did?

... hour later ...
Nevermind, got it working. Thank you!!! :)
I finally don't help to replug devices on each reboot. This brings this laptop experience on a whole different level.

Last edited:
I've checked the guide and it raises more questions than it answers.
Can you maybe record a screencast of what you did?

... hour later ...
Nevermind, got it working. Thank you!!! :)
I finally don't help to replug devices on each reboot. This brings this laptop experience on a whole different level.
Yeah, it's 2000% better, maybe OP should integrate it in the attached Clover folder

Yeah, it's 2000% better, maybe OP should integrate it in the attached Clover folder
Well, actually after having a closer look I'm not sure if it made things better.
When using patched SSDT-TB3.aml I have my sleep destroyed entirely - when I resume from sleep laptop resets. Hibernate is broken as well. I don't have this effect when not using SSDT-TB3.aml.

Also, even with SSDT-TB3.aml, hot plug doesn't work after sleep when sleep doesn't crash computer.
But I see some people on that thread got(have) it working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back