CPU
Ryzen 3900x OC 4.5gHz
Graphics
RedDevil 6900xt
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Great thanks for the fast reply. Cleaning the nvram makes it now possible to have a 2560x1440p screen attached on either hdmi out or usb-c adaptor with hdmi out.

I added the following boot arg in clover to clean nvram

-s bootarg sudo nvram -c

and then rebooted after

Are you able to output a 4k image through the HDMI or through any usb-c to hdmi adapter. When my 4 k screen is attached it keeps a black screen on the laptop and the 4k screen. Hotplug make the computer reboot as you said before.

With the clover3.4 from blazinsmokey I had a possibility of 4k with 30fps or 1080p with 60fps. I see what I get but is there nobody here that can make that hack a 100% working one, knowing that sd card and nvidia will never work. Anyway this Dell 9560 throttles so badly with nvidia working on windows that I don t consider that an coherent option.

My friend; You have hit something called the hardware ceiling limitation that no clover folder will ever solve.

We have HDMI 1.4 in our laptops - which gives the beautiful cursor streak that is akin to winning solitaire on Windows 98. You’re after HDMI 2.0 - this is the good stuff. Of course better still is DiplayPort - you ain’t getting it as HDMI 1.4 is all we get

That port is almost as frustrating as Dell’s laziness to enable SpeedShift as a factory default

as a sidenote. In Windows, my laptop boosts to 3.8/3.4gHz turbo over several hours without any thermal throttling and gets 68’ at full load on the Nvidea. I do have it undervolted, repasted, taped and on a stand though

Get the stupid TB16 dock and plug it in via USBC/DisplayPort would be my advise

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell 9570
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
HD 630
as a sidenote. In Windows, my laptop boosts to 3.8/3.4gHz turbo over several hours without any thermal throttling and gets 68’ at full load on the Nvidea. I do have it undervolted, repasted, taped and on a stand though

That is very funny. Mine throttle always at 0.8 after 5minutes of HD video editing. I did the same as you on my laptop (GRIZZLY THERMAL, undervolted etc) but never found a way around it (except disable the inter thermal framework drivers for good) I tried to explain this to the customer support, fought for it for a long time but never got it right even though I had a professional customer service plan. So my only solution was and is still todayto go through mac OS with this laptop.

I attempted to install this onto external drive and was surprised by how well it worked. Only annoyance was the trackpad which when clicking and dragging something would stay clicked even after unclicking. Are there any alternative/updated kexts for it?

Now however when I try to install it on internal NVMe drive it doesn't show up in the installer. It is detected in Clover though. NVMe drive is SK Hynix PC401 256GB. Am I missing drivers or something?

Motherboard
Gigabite X570 AorusPro WiFi
CPU
Ryzen 3900x OC 4.5gHz
Graphics
RedDevil 6900xt
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
That is very funny. Mine throttle always at 0.8 after 5minutes of HD video editing. I did the same as you on my laptop (GRIZZLY THERMAL, undervolted etc) but never found a way around it (except disable the inter thermal framework drivers for good) I tried to explain this to the customer support, fought for it for a long time but never got it right even though I had a professional customer service plan. So my only solution was and is still todayto go through mac OS with this laptop.

If I were you, I'd order a new heat-sink assembly. There is a beefier aftermarket version that is better than stock dell. I suspect the factory/you may have bent the assembly on installation/de-installation. Even stock 0.8Ghz throttling was never observed on my machine and I live in Queensland Australia which is often is as hot as balls. I heavily suspect that the silicon is not making proper contact with the heat-sink

Motherboard
Dell 9570
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
HD 630
Ok thanks for the tip. But I don t understand why the processor is never throttling on Mac OS with heavy workloads 24 hours in a row. Do you know where I can buy those new heat sink assembly you think about ?

Motherboard
I didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Has anyone tried this on the 9575?

Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
CPU
E5-2697v3
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Has anyone tried this on the 9575?

There is a separate success thread for the 9575. I personally have not tried it but a colleague of mine has one that apparently runs well but not as well as the 9560 or 9570 due to the Type-C implementation.

There is a functioning EFI folder in that thread.

Motherboard
GA-Z370N-WIFI
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 460
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Are you still using it docked? I've tried CLOVER v3.4 and I can only wake my 9560 using lid or power button.
network/usb/ac wake are enabled in BIOS (and all are failing to wake it)
Getting rid of SSDT-UPRW.aml and/or adding SSDT-DeepIdle.aml doesn't help
Finally figured it out (sort of).

Removing SSDT-UPRW.aml doesn't recover wake on lan (or wake on bluetooth/usb) functionality, but disabling SSDT-UPRW.aml in clover's config.plist does (only when SSDT-DeepIdle.aml is in place).

SSDT-DeepIdle.aml is intended to fix sleep issue and that what it does (sort of). When SSDT-UPRW.aml patches are disabled and SSDT-DeepIdle.aml is in place, laptop will disappear from network during sleep but will consume entire battery in about 10 hours. Looks like it fixes sleep at software (kernel?) level but breaks it at hardware level. I think I had it working even at hardware level with KNN's config, but I was unable to use external monitor with it and it didn't support 10.12.6+ so I had to give up on it.

Anyway, when SSDT-UPRW.aml patches are disabled and SSDT-DeepIdle.aml is in place I'm not only able to use laptop "docked" (wake external monitor using usb/bluetooth keyboard) but I also never get black screen on lid open (which I get all the time with regular config).

10 hours of sleep is not much, so I wrote two scripts to enable wakeonlan when docked and enable long sleep when undocked.
Bash:
#!/bin/sh
sudo diskutil mount disk0s1
cd /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER
cp config.netwake.blocked.plist config.plist
cd ACPI/patched
mv SSDT-DeepIdle.aml ..
cd ~
sudo diskutil umount disk0s1

Bash:
#!/bin/sh
sudo diskutil mount disk0s1
cd /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER
cp config.netwake.unblocked.plist config.plist
cd ACPI
mv SSDT-DeepIdle.aml patched
cd ~
sudo diskutil umount disk0s1
script obviously requires having config.netwake.blocked.plist and config.netwake.unblocked.plist (with SSDT-UPRW.aml patches disabled) in same folder as config.plist

Motherboard
XPS 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
If I were you, I'd order a new heat-sink assembly. There is a beefier aftermarket version that is better than stock dell. I suspect the factory/you may have bent the assembly on installation/de-installation. Even stock 0.8Ghz throttling was never observed on my machine and I live in Queensland Australia which is often is as hot as balls. I heavily suspect that the silicon is not making proper contact with the heat-sink
Where can you buy this aftermarket version?

Motherboard
Gigabyte z390m
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone.
Nice to e-meet you all.
I m happy that there are some folks with the same laptop and desire to run macOS.

I need your help to run it. I've tried a lot of stuff but the system reboots after I installed it to the SSD.

My specs:
- killer wi-fi
- ram - 32gb
- i7-7700hq
- gtx 1050

Could someone explain the process of installing it STEP BY STEP? I am not tech-savvy to run it by myself. Have a nice day guys. Hope someone will help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.