CPU
i7-7700HQ / HM175
Graphics
HD 630 / 3840 x 2160
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When I try to boot from my USB it doesn’t detect it. I have clover installed and running but the kexts are messed up I think and my Mojave usb can’t boot. I get this image when booting recovery.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 34
Motherboard
Dell XPS 9350
CPU
i7-6560U
Graphics
Iris 540
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Yeah, we have a discussion about Bluetooth already. Check page 71.
there you can find a Link with a new way^^

and i need to check my camera, will report back.

The Bluetooth is working now. But still have problem with camera and handoff/continuity :(

Updated: handoff and continuity works after sign out/sign in icloud and restart. camera still doesn't work

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 - YH90J
CPU
I7-7700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1050, HD 630
The Bluetooth is working now. But still have problem with camera and handoff/continuity :(

Updated: handoff and continuity works after sign out/sign in icloud and restart. camera still doesn't work

which XPS do you have?
is your USBPorts.kext loaded properly?

Does that mean I need to disable iCloud Drive and redownload?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell XPS 9350
CPU
i7-6560U
Graphics
Iris 540
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
which XPS do you have?
is your USBPorts.kext loaded properly?

Infact my xps is 9350, and i used USBinjectall.kext until read your post. Then replaced it with USBports.kext but no hope.

In system info, it shows an integrated webcam in USB section, but nothing in camera section.

Does that mean I need to disable iCloud Drive and redownload?

Just sign out, and then sign in again with your apple id. Do it on your mac and you ios devices also. Everything work flawlessly

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 - YH90J
CPU
I7-7700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1050, HD 630
Infact my xps is 9350, and i used USBinjectall.kext until read your post. Then replaced it with USBports.kext but no hope.

In system info, it shows an integrated webcam in USB section, but nothing in camera section.

Just sign out, and then sign in again with your apple id. Do it on your mac and you ios devices also. Everything work flawlessly

Ok, so does it work if you replace usbPorts.kext with usbinjectall.kext?

normally usbinjectall.kext should work. UsbPorts.kext is just the minimal version for the xps 9560.
If you don't know someone with the same xps model you need to create your own kext, here is a detailed description:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/xhc-usb-kext-creation-guideline.242999/

I would do this only if the webcam works with your model with USBInjectAll.kext

Do you have your old EFI/Clover, where Things worked?

Motherboard
Dell XPS-15 9560-Clover
CPU
i7-7700HQ / HM175
Graphics
HD 630 / 3840 x 2160
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, is there a way to do a factory reset of the machine? I need to start over and reinstall everything. Dell says to go to Advanced Boot Options bybpressing F8 but each time it always goes to Clover... can this be done from Clover or the F2 menu?

Motherboard
Dell XPS 15
CPU
i7 7700HQ
Graphics
UHD 630 - GTX 1050 (Not recognized by MACOSX)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Do you have a windows 10 bootable usb? There is no way to "factory" reset the laptop. You just need to boot with a USB and reinstall the OS (Windows or Mac) Dell is telling you to do F8 so you can boot into the Windows recovery, but if you deleted your partitions, then that recovery partition is more than likely gone.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 15
CPU
i7 7700HQ
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
Dell XPS 15
CPU
i7 7700HQ
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
ok so question for everyone....My wifi keeps grabbing the en0 but i want it to use en1 so i can set my usb ethernet as en0. I have tons of issues getting messages to work...how has everyone else handled this?

Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Alright so I know all the excitement is about Catalina at the moment, but I'm planning on staying back on Mojave for a few more weeks til more bugs and updates get worked out.

Now, for those on Mojave, have any of you been able to get Continuity Camera working using the recommended DW1560?

As far as I can tell, pretty much everything else seems to work as it should on mine, including iMessage/Facetime activation and call passthrough. Normal handoff appears to work, since I can use Universal Clipboard without issue. However, when I try to use Continuity Camera, the camera app does not get launched on the target iPhone SE, and after a few seconds the macOS side gives up and throws a "the device timed out" error. Looking into it, this behavior seems to occur on real macs too, and I tried following the troubleshooting steps suggested there.

Verified that both devices are logged into the same Apple ID, which has 2FA enabled, and that both have bluetooth turned on, and are connected to the same wireless network. Tried manually pairing the devices before attempting, and as a last resort, tried clearing the bluetooth config and redoing all the above steps. After all of that, everything else still seems to work as it did before, but the continuity camera behavior is unchanged.

Status
Not open for further replies.