Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
After update to Catalina, my Darkintosh lost the camera and bluetooth. Anyone faced with that problems too?
Yeah, we have a discussion about Bluetooth already. Check page 71.
there you can find a Link with a new way^^

and i need to check my camera, will report back.

So just got everything up and running and its working great on Catalina. Thanks LeLunz for the assist. I do have 1 minor minor thing, and its more cosmetic than anything else. on my clover screen the actual wallpaper is very tiny :) any way to make it take up the whole screen? i added a photo so you can see what i am talking about
913DD345-19F8-49BF-A30B-79AE006FDFC3_1_105_c.jpeg

So just got everything up and running and its working great on Catalina. Thanks LeLunz for the assist. I do have 1 minor minor thing, and its more cosmetic than anything else. on my clover screen the actual wallpaper is very tiny :) any way to make it take up the whole screen? i added a photo so you can see what i am talking about View attachment 429540
Do you have the 4k Version?

Just open config.plist from Clover folder and try to remove the whole dict with the key BootGraphics!
And then try again. Or play with these settings if it doesn't work?

I am using all 3 kexts and its working pretty well.
Are you sure that you can connect to devices with your bluetooth setup?

EDIT:
Like noted in a post before. There is a new fork of RehabMan's BRCMPatchRam.

Sorry you are perfectly right, all the 3 kext need to be installed in EFI/CLOVER/Kext/Other since Catalina.

Could you please describe your doing steps?

I tried but neither place those 3 kexts to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other nor install to L/E using kextbeast solve the problem,
Firmware Version still v14 c4096 in system report.

EMERGENCY. No idea what to do. Didn’t install the kexts properly and now it fails to load VoodooI2CHIdevice. Can’t boot into the machine anywhere in any way.

Attachments

• 5BF66D0C-51DD-4C32-8320-318103A0F7E3.jpeg
    5BF66D0C-51DD-4C32-8320-318103A0F7E3.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 50
When I try to boot from my USB it doesn’t detect it. I have clover installed and running but the kexts are messed up I think and my Mojave usb can’t boot. I get this image when booting recovery.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 51

The Bluetooth is working now. But still have problem with camera and handoff/continuity :(

Updated: handoff and continuity works after sign out/sign in icloud and restart. camera still doesn't work

Last edited:
The Bluetooth is working now. But still have problem with camera and handoff/continuity :(

Updated: handoff and continuity works after sign out/sign in icloud and restart. camera still doesn't work

which XPS do you have?
is your USBPorts.kext loaded properly?

Does that mean I need to disable iCloud Drive and redownload?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back