Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 9560 - 1.10.1 - Clover
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Hi. I need more info. Too many factors here.
How old is your battery?
Do you use your laptop mostly on battery?
After boot, in activity monitor, is there any app or daemon running in the background pumping energy?
What are your bios power setting? battery profile? Mine is adaptive.
Was it always like that or suddenly your battery capacity drastically decreased?
If you have windows, is the battery life the same?

1) If you have windows installed on another partition (or disk) do this to check your actual battery capacity:

If your capacity is above 90Wh, don't proceed to full discharge. just do a cmos reset (see below).

Do this once maximum and read carefully. Respect the 3 to 5 hours necessary to cool down the battery after full discharge.

2) Once done before switching on your laptop, disconnect the battery and do a cmos reset by holding power button 1 to 2 min to fully discharge the mobo capacitors.

3) Do a full test at idle disabling sleep and report the time until nearly full discharge.

4) remove ADP1 ssdt in patched folder. reboot. clean nvram at clover screen. reboot. put back ssdt. reboot. clean nvram, reboot, shut down. Reboot.

This improved my battery life. In my case it was a new battery that needed just to be calibrated.

5) If all of this fails. Try a clean install.

Coming back to this after loong time, so i tried voltageshift and used values of -135 -110 -135 and looks ok. So i installed coconut and see that my battery is:

Screenshot 2019-09-03 21.34.31.png

Yes so by the looks of things my battery is crap. Well also note charging with 39w while on battery discharge would be around 37w (haha so same discharge time as charge time) but with voltageshift would be around 18-22w which is better actually felt that i would go around 5hrs defo more that 3hrs. Ok so with this state of my battery (it also tells me to replace soon) i guess it is the best i can get atm.

Screenshot 2019-09-03 21.41.01.png

looks like my laptop is older than i thought..
i have 15" i7-7700q 4k 32gb 1tb

so what kind of voltageshift offset are you using for this proc? what would be the lower discharge wattage you could get? Also has anyone tried to use ./voltageshift power <PL1> <PL2> changing these values to limit power use to improve battery life? disabling turbo? thanks

Motherboard
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
In case anyone is interested in that
Code:
# Voltage Shift
alias vs='cd /Users/blazinsmokey/Downloads/voltageshift/'
alias vsinfo='/Users/blazinsmokey/Downloads/voltageshift/./voltageshift info'
alias vsset='/Users/blazinsmokey/Downloads/voltageshift/./voltageshift offset -125 -90 -125'
alias vsreset='/Users/blazinsmokey/Downloads/voltageshift/./voltageshift offset 0 0 0'

Btw you can do it this way then you need to execute only one command.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
I am confused.

To upgrade from Clover 3.3 to 3.4 what do i need to do ? I have replaced it completely on efi and after reboot i got clover without any option to boot into the system !!! completely stuck. thank god i had macOs install on usb so booted into that install and could get into terminal and replaced the clover in efi...so i wonder do i just need to replace the kext folder and acpi folder or what? or do i need to place

Motherboard
Dell XPS 15
CPU
i7 7700HQ
Graphics
UHD 630 - GTX 1050 (Not recognized by MACOSX)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Very interested in your D6000 setup. I have one lying around that I used to use with Windows, but it's been finicky with macOS. Are you using multiple monitor outputs over the single USB-C connection in macOS? Additionally, what SSDT have you selected for your Type-C functionality? Thanks for your help.
I am using multiple monitors but i too found that the d6000 was finicky over the usb-c. I had to use the usb-c to usb 3.0 adapter the dock came with and use a secondary power supply and it works perfectly now.

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VII Hero
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
HD 4600 + GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am confused.

To upgrade from Clover 3.3 to 3.4 what do i need to do ? I have replaced it completely on efi and after reboot i got clover without any option to boot into the system !!! completely stuck. thank god i had macOs install on usb so booted into that install and could get into terminal and replaced the clover in efi...so i wonder do i just need to replace the kext folder and acpi folder or what? or do i need to place

Are you not using APFS? Still using HFS? If so you'll need the HFS driver.

Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
CPU
E5-2697v3
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I am using multiple monitors but i too found that the d6000 was finicky over the usb-c. I had to use the usb-c to usb 3.0 adapter the dock came with and use a secondary power supply and it works perfectly now.
Ah, so sounds like you're using the DisplayLink drivers instead. Thanks for the info.

Motherboard
Gigabite X570 AorusPro WiFi
CPU
Ryzen 3900x OC 4.5gHz
Graphics
RedDevil 6900xt
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys. Has anyone here tried connecting two 4k monitors?

I'm going to try to resurrect this ThunderBolt Implementation dilemma. I have just bought a TW16 Thunderbolt Dock. I have two 4K screens coming. It's primarily for Premiere Pro in the windows partition but would love to get it working on macOS as well. On macOS it actually charges through the input which is promising, unfortunately I am unable to do anything until the monitors arrive some time next week

I have a work friend who has a USB-C Monitor which I've just tried. It works plugged directly into the laptop. So I thought that I could always connect one into USB-C/TB Port and the other into HDMI and be away. But our HDMI output is 1.4 which only supports 4K at 30hz, not a deal breaker but annoying to say the least. I have no idea what Dell were thinking when they crippled display ports on a 4k flagship like this. I digress

So, any pointers on what I could potentially do?

Hi there, I’m completely inexperienced with hackintosh and I’m trying to install Mojave on my xps and it boots into the usb drive, gets to the installer, and it installs to about 2 mins remaining and then the computer restarts. I’m not given any error code but a screen comes up saying “your computer restarted because of a problem”. I’ve tried to install it about 4 times now, every time with the same result. Is this normal?

My specs are:

Xps 15 9560

4K screen

Intel i7-7700hq 2.8ghz

16 gb ram

1tb Samsung pm961

Motherboard
GA-Z370N-WIFI
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 460
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I currently use my 9560 "docked", it's closed and I use the USB-C my 4K screen plus a USB hub for a mouse and keyboard. I can now wake it with mouse and keyboard and the screen resolutions doesn't get all wonky and switch to 30Hz or 1080p. Before I had to wake it up by opening the lid to avoid this. Now it just works. Maybe it helps your situation as well.
Are you still using it docked? I've tried CLOVER v3.4 and I can only wake my 9560 using lid or power button.
network/usb/ac wake are enabled in BIOS (and all are failing to wake it)
Getting rid of SSDT-UPRW.aml and/or adding SSDT-DeepIdle.aml doesn't help

Last edited: