Dell XPS 15 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
Intel HD 630 + Nvidia GTX 1050
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
I'm not sure I understand what you saying here.

I thought the problem was bluetooth doesn't work on wake sometimes? Or is it any times?
Take a look at the configuration section here

Sepcifically
@blazinsmokey sorry for the confusion. but the BT dropouts to an "N/A" state cannot be reliably reproduced now, which I have to say is a good sign. Still working on it to find a predictable, reproducible pattern :)

Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
CPU
E5-2697v3
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I've just updated to 3.4 and I can already see the power improvements. MUCH better idle frequencies and temps for me. I hate to admit, but I've been favoring my older MacBook Air because of the fans on this monster, but I'll be using it at work today and will report back with my findings. Even typing this now, my CPU is sitting as low as 38C at relative idle, much better than I've ever seen before.

Thanks again for everyone who's contributed, please let me know if I can continue to test/assist!

Motherboard
Lenovo X1 Yoga Gen 4
CPU
i7-10510U
Graphics
UHD 620
Ladies and gentlemen, we are fixed up! I think.... :D
After 7 hours of sleep, 1% battery usage. Idle CPU freq hovers much closer to 800Mhz than before. Temps are lower as well. I got as low as 33C which is lowest I ever seen at idle. No more extra power consumption on wake, power usage at idle returns to 9W-11W.

I cleaned up a bunch of stuff that is no longer necessary.
Fixed not going to sleep by removing, deep idle. Better to sleep than deep idle for battery savings. The deepidle SSDT patches were actually created by PikerAlpha to help sleep but here we are.
Fixed higher power consumption after waking from sleep.
CPUFriendDataProvider uses power savings.
Below is a pretty good overview but I may have forgot to mention some changes.

Enjoy! Happy hack! Let me know what I screwed up on, bc I'm sure something doesn't work, lol.
Edit: Folder posted to guide

I've got to say that things are working much better. Wake from sleep is great and idling around 10watts. I put the laptop to sleep for about 4 hours and still had 100% battery. I'm not sure if that's accurate or not, but that's what it said. That's great.

Now if I could just find a compatible wifi card that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, I would have a great hackintosh.

Thanks a lot for your hard work on this.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9360
CPU
i7-7500
Graphics
hd620
sorry but I need information when on sleep your power Botton flash light on battery mode or ac .
I have no intermittent light and I can't do it.

I've got to say that things are working much better. Wake from sleep is great and idling around 10watts. I put the laptop to sleep for about 4 hours and still had 100% battery. I'm not sure if that's accurate or not, but that's what it said. That's great.

Now if I could just find a compatible wifi card that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, I would have a great hackintosh.

Thanks a lot for your hard work on this.

I agonized over this as well but bought the DW1560 from parts people after finding a discount code online. It was still about $50 shipped but I can honestly say it's worth it. I have had 0 issues with wifi (haven't used bluetooth really). I remember when this card was so cheap some years ago but I didn't know so much progress would have been made in making the 9560 such a great hackintosh laptop or I would have bout the wifi card back when it was cheap lol.

Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
CPU
E5-2697v3
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I agonized over this as well but bought the DW1560 from parts people after finding a discount code online. It was still about $50 shipped but I can honestly say it's worth it. I have had 0 issues with wifi (haven't used bluetooth really). I remember when this card was so cheap some years ago but I didn't know so much progress would have been made in making the 9560 such a great hackintosh laptop or I would have bout the wifi card back when it was cheap lol.

Yeah, vendors know the value of the DW1560. I got them in a bulk order of 10 from ebay/China since the shipping was so long - but I remember when the card first came out, I bought it for my desktop - and paid $120! But they are really rock solid. I have them in... 12? machines now and have never had an issue.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560
CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
GTX 1050+HD 630
So I started a config.plist for OC and I looked at yours to see how far you got. Did you just steal this config from some random system? Bc there's no way these device properties make any sense.
View attachment 415888
if you use hackintool, that all the pci slots in your xps. That was rookie work, Im making opencore config as i'm learning. Only thing required it audio and graphics in device properties. All of those are not required. Better yet, it's best to disregard that post. You can learn, if your interested from the documents https://github.com/insanelymacdiscord/Getting-Started-With-OpenCore or https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/Configuration.pdf
I'll post a much better version of the 0.0.4 that just got released in a couple days. I have it working, yet need to clean it up.

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VII Hero
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
HD 4600 + GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
sorry but I need information when on sleep your power Botton flash light on battery mode or ac .
I have no intermittent light and I can't do it.

If I'm understanding you correctly, no the power button led light does not stay on during sleep. Doesn't matter if it's using battery or ac. Looks like you have a 9343 so I'm sorry but I don't think I can help you.

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VII Hero
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
HD 4600 + GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
if you use hackintool, that all the pci slots in your xps. That was rookie work, Im making opencore config as i'm learning. Only thing required it audio and graphics in device properties. All of those are not required. Better yet, it's best to disregard that post. You can learn, if your interested from the documents https://github.com/insanelymacdiscord/Getting-Started-With-OpenCore or https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/Configuration.pdf
I'll post a much better version of the 0.0.4 that just got released in a couple days. I have it working, yet need to clean it up.

Yea I skimmed that PDF when it was like OC 0.0.1 release. The other day I got through to the NVRAM section and then I was having a hard time finding what plist type was needed for certain entries. As I don't want to boot my OS up with wrong SMBIOS credentials as I'm logged into all a iCloud stuff. HW board id and all that stuff. I look forward to seeing your guide on this. Catalina right around the corner it's good someone is looking into this for our system. Ideally a straight conversion which seems doable will suit us all well in the long run. You may want to go through my latest 3.4 Clover folder and update any changes you see.

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VII Hero
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
HD 4600 + GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I did a long sleep test. 27 hours of sleep resulted in battery down 5 percent. I think this is very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.