CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 460
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
how many seconds does your XPS 9560 take to get to sleep?
Mine takes 25 seconds with hibernate turned off (by SmartSleep) and 45 seconds with hibernate on.
High Sierra 10.13.6. I had similar results with Mojave.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mobile Phone
iOS
What kind of devices you're using it with?
Just tried putting my TB2->TB3 adapter at clover screen, and it still doesn't show up in USB devices, unlike my Z370N desktop where it works fine on USB-C port. Waiting for TB3->DP and TB3->Ethernet+USB adapters to arrive, to test them.

... 10 minutes later ...
OMG! IT WORKS! Thank you!!! :)
Since XPS port is TB3, and Z370N is USB-C 3.1, devices are being shown in different sections of system information app.
Z370N shows it under USB, and XPS shows it under PCI. And I can finally use my Apple TB2 Gigabit Ethernet adapter! :)
Doesn't work for miniDP though. Apparently, this TB3->TB2 adapter is for USB devices only.
I'm using my Dell TB16 Thunderbolt dock (this one), it's working fine both on Linux and on Windows, I can't test the video outputs, but the usb3 and usb2 ports are working only if I plug it in while I'm at the Clover screen

Motherboard
GA-Z370N-WIFI
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 460
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
What's interesting, hot plug doesn't work not just on TB3 port, but also on TB2 port of TB3->TB2 adapter (once it's working)

Motherboard
GA-Z370N-WIFI
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 460
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Got hibernate and auto hibernate on low battery working.
Mojave takes 25 seconds to resume from hibernate, while High Sierra only takes 2.
I wonder how does it manage to do it so quickly.

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
After the BIOS update sleep seems to be working with my usual user, not sure if it's a coincidence but glad it is working.

@blazinsmokey @mazakiss , how many seconds does your XPS 9560 take to get to sleep? Mine takes around 8 seconds, I remember it was faster in High Sierra but to be honest I don't care that much as I enable sleep maybe twice a day.
average 15 to 20 seconds after closing the lid.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mobile Phone
iOS
I finally got reliable Thunderbolt 3 hot plug using a patched version of the SSDT from this thread, specifically the SSDT V2 patched to use RP15 instead of RP05

EDIT:
I forgot to upload the patched SSDT

Attachments

Motherboard
GA-Z370N-WIFI
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 460
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I finally got reliable Thunderbolt 3 hot plug using a patched version of the SSDT from this thread, specifically the SSDT V2 patched to use RP15 instead of RP05

EDIT:
I forgot to upload the patched SSDT
I've checked the guide and it raises more questions than it answers.
Can you maybe record a screencast of what you did?

... hour later ...
Nevermind, got it working. Thank you!!! :)
I finally don't help to replug devices on each reboot. This brings this laptop experience on a whole different level.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mobile Phone
iOS
I've checked the guide and it raises more questions than it answers.
Can you maybe record a screencast of what you did?

... hour later ...
Nevermind, got it working. Thank you!!! :)
I finally don't help to replug devices on each reboot. This brings this laptop experience on a whole different level.
Yeah, it's 2000% better, maybe OP should integrate it in the attached Clover folder

Motherboard
GA-Z370N-WIFI
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 460
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Yeah, it's 2000% better, maybe OP should integrate it in the attached Clover folder
Well, actually after having a closer look I'm not sure if it made things better.
When using patched SSDT-TB3.aml I have my sleep destroyed entirely - when I resume from sleep laptop resets. Hibernate is broken as well. I don't have this effect when not using SSDT-TB3.aml.