1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Clover bootloader is too small it's barely readable. What's the best screen resolution for clover? It's currently set to 1920x1080.

Thanks
Did you manage to fix this? I also have the 4K model and want to have things look normal size, and I tried setting the 'Screen Resolution' under Gui to 3840x2160 in my config.plist like @blazinsmokey suggested but it didn't change anything for me.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Oh and one other odd thing. I'm fairly certain I just updated my EFI properly, which should mean it's using Clover r4895, however it still shows up as r4701 both on the About Clover screen at boot and in Clover Configurator. Is this just a visual bug?

I backed up my old CLOVER folder, then deleted it, copied the one from the 3.3 download in it's place, and replaced the included config.plist with my own from the backup. I then shut the system down and powered it back up without issue on 10.14.3 without VoodooPS2Controller.kext in L/E.

I have not tried clearing NVRAM yet, and I still need to update my darkwake and CsrActiveConfig values to the new ones from post #399 before updating macOS to 10.14.5

EDIT: Updated the values, works fine on 10.14.3, did not clear NVRAM or update to 10.14.5 yet. Waiting on verification regarding clover version first.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 FHD
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yea go ahead and remove it, no longer necessary to have anything installed in L/E. Pure vanilla.

I got a full dump of a real MBP 14,1 and I've just actually made a pretty big break through.
USB-C no longer needs to act like a PCI-Express card. Still testing somethings but this could be huge.
Wow, slow the pace man i can’t keep going! That’s litterally insane!

Just a side note about temps: after using VoltageShift and sealed the vents with electrical tape, I barely reach 40 degrees with 80 tabs open. It has the benefit of favouring fresh air intake vs hot air outtake also dampering fan noize. You have to close the gap between the fans and heatsink (not the space between the case and heatsink, very important, i did it wrong the first time). Use 3 bands to do it reverting the sticky side to be placed between the gap to prevent grabbing the dust on it. I also put a small piece of copper sheet on the back case just above the IC’s making contact with the thermal paste.

I will also report sleep regarding your last post.

Awesome @blazinsmokey !

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-05-28 at 02.09.13.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-28 at 02.09.13.png
    283.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot 2019-05-28 at 02.59.20.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-28 at 02.59.20.png
    269 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VII Hero
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
HD 4600 + GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Wow, slow the pace man i can’t keep going! That’s litterally insane!
Just a side note about temps....
I will also report sleep regarding your last post.

Hey I failed pretty miserably last night, but efff it I'm still trying. I learned so much useless stuff hahaha.
This dump is amazing I wonder if I could post it here?

I wanted to point out something in your screenshots. Notice the frequency and core utilization, if the cores aren't loaded your temps will stay down. 80 tabs in memory that's not active won't cause heat.

Because of you I started monitoring temps a bit more. No mods, no voltage shift. It's a real shame the quality control Dell must have had with these. Look how cool mine is :thumbup:
Temps.png

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 FHD
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This dump is amazing I wonder if I could post it here?
Good question... @Feartech is it allowed?

I tested sleep on battery after 3 hours closing the lid. It works on Battery now after I logged out and logged in back from iCloud, I don't know what was the issue.

Side question: does anyone tested if FindMyMac is working or not via iCloud. I didn't select it back when logging back.

For laptop sleep on adapter, I still must test.

I had also a weird stuff with battery draining so fast since last changes. I thought my battery was bad or defective. So I bought another one directly from Dell, outch!!!

That's when I realised "USB power share" was ON in the Bios. Removing it is just Night and Day. For anybody having this issue @LeLunZ and others maybe check if you had it enabled before. Also people complaining about having the left side of the palmrest very hot, also fixed the issue. Damn.

So unsuccessful last night? Wish you luck!

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 FHD
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Because of you I started monitoring temps a bit more. No mods, no voltage shift. It's a real shame the quality control Dell must have had with these. Look how cool mine is :thumbup:
Do you use it on a bench/desk or on your lap?

Motherboard
Lenovo Yoga C740
CPU
i7-10510U
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I actually do have an issue with the battery life, it's really much shorter than expected, maybe 2-3hrs. I switched the charging behaviour to "Standard" in the BIOS but that was no real game changer. It even says "Replace soon" when I tap on the battery symbol. Is this something one can trust? Does the macOS recognise the battery health somehow?

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 FHD
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I actually do have an issue with the battery life, it's really much shorter than expected, maybe 2-3hrs. I switched the charging behaviour to "Standard" in the BIOS but that was no real game changer. It even says "Replace soon" when I tap on the battery symbol. Is this something one can trust? Does the macOS recognise the battery health somehow?
Do you have the same behaviour on windows? Did you tried bios diagnostic tool (Fn key + power button at boot)? What is battery health status on the Bios?

Already heard this before on the VirtualSMC thread. The thing that I really do not understand is that the drain was slower on my old 1 year old stock 56W battery vs brand new OEM Dell 97W. Don't know why.

Did the last Bios update... testing (a bit stupid I know lol).

Motherboard
Lenovo Yoga C740
CPU
i7-10510U
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I don't have Windows anymore, I don't really need it anymore. So I can't tell really. The BIOS says health is excellent, also the system diag.

One more thing, the fan never really stops. I think that used to be different. Now even at 41°C the fan is there.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hmm, okay I can't seem to figure this out.

I am running the Clover 3.2 build (though the same behavior happened on old builds as well) with a modification to use my LiteOn NVME.
Code:
Compiled SSDT-NVME.aml pointed towards the proper PCIE slot.
That's all I've edited, and I included the same fix as OP for the Samsung drive as it was applicable.
Code:
KextsToPatch
Name: com.apple.iokit.IONVMeFamily
Find: F6C1100F 85410100 00
Replace: F6C1010F 85410100 00
Comment: IONVMeFamily Preferred Block Size 0x10 -> 0x01, credit RehabMan based on 10.12 patch (c) Pike R. Alpha

After about 24 hours the APFS volume gets corrupted to the point to where I cannot even mount the APFS partition in terminal from the installer. I get bus error 10. It could have gone into hibernate, I let it run synching to dropbox while caffeinated, but I would be surprised since I ran the no hibernate script twice and you have the redundancy built in on the kext in Clover.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this or what I can do as a next step? @blazinsmokey I am losing my mind a bit.

Tempted to just replace the damn drive, it seems like more of a pain in the ass than it's worth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.