CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
That is actually how TB works from what I've heard, don't have a TB dock myself sorry. Has to be plugged in during boot and can't be hot plugged or unplugged. USB-C hot plugs fine. Keep in mind this is the same port but 2 different protocols.

Doing well thanks for asking. What kind of dongle is this? Can you test that dongle on a real Mac by chance? Maybe the dongle isn't macOS compliant. Also you could try, sounds crazy but try inserting the USB C the other way. Also try it just as USB dock see if it works when no HDMI is in use. I don't believe an addition SSDT would help this but we might need to look into the current ones. My guess is the TB SSDT we incorporated could be messing with this.
Hi @blazinsmokey. Your intuition was right, SSDT-TB3-V1.aml is conflicting with other ports.

I removed SSDT-TB3-V1.aml from ACPI/Patched folder

And after reboot, both of my usb-c/usb3/Hdmi worked.

I used two dock models for testing: the D6000 dock from dell and a cheap chinese adapter the Mixsen/WBPINE USB C Hub HDMI 5-in-1 Multiport Adapter with 4K 60HZ (see pics attached for those interested).

On both, all USB 3 ports and HDMI@60Hz worked hotplugged after SSDT-TB3-V1.aml removal from EFI.

I don't use TB yet but this could be a problem for those who need it in such configuration.

Cheers!

Attachments

• D6000 ports.JPG
    D6000 ports.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 71gs-400x400.jpg
    71gs-400x400.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Motherboard
Intel NUC8i7BEH2
CPU
i7
Graphics
HD 655
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
That is actually how TB works from what I've heard, don't have a TB dock myself sorry. Has to be plugged in during boot and can't be hot plugged or unplugged. USB-C hot plugs fine. Keep in mind this is the same port but 2 different protocols.

Thanks for the response.
But if that was true and all was well - after I shut the machine down and disconnected the TB16, I should get the laptop screen running. Would you agree?
Instead - I get the DELL post, Apple logo and progress bar.
The Progress bar gooes all the way to 100% and the screen goes black.
btw: it was black when tb16 was working.

Have you seen that before?

Thanks.

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VII Hero
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
HD 4600 + GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @blazinsmokey. Your intuition was right, SSDT-TB3-V1.aml is conflicting with other ports.
I removed SSDT-TB3-V1.aml from ACPI/Patched folder
And after reboot, both of my usb-c/usb3/Hdmi worked.

Hey that's great. I think I might(don't hold your breath, lol) be able to fix this but would need your help. Can you post your ioreg when not using the SSDT-TB3-V1.aml and your USB-C dock plugged in and all working. I'll take a look at editing the SSDT so that it works. We would need one other person that has a TB dock to test as well tho.

Thanks for the feedback and testing!

But if that was true and all was well - after I shut the machine down and disconnected the TB16, I should get the laptop screen running. Would you agree?
Instead - I get the DELL post, Apple logo and progress bar.
The Progress bar gooes all the way to 100% and the screen goes black.
btw: it was black when tb16 was working.
Have you seen that before?
Thanks.

This is exactly what I was worried about when 5520 users use these files. I have not seen or read this behavior for users with the 9560. I agree, your screen should be working after you shutdown and unplug everything and reboot. I believe it's best to boot and shutdown not in clamshell mode. Meaning your laptop is open with display active. Give this a try?

Intel HD 530 vs 630 could be the cause and in your previous post you said you "fixed" it manually. Maybe it's not fixed properly. Did you use latest Hackintool to implement your framebuffers/ports/bus from scratch?

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 FHD
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @blazinsmokey hope you are fine.

Here's the 2 ioreg you asked for (w/o TB SSDT).

One is for my cheap adapter (mixsen) the other is for the Dell 6000 dock (power supplied).

Each has been plugged in at boot with HDMI 4K screen, 2 USB devices connected on it.

Note: USB 3 devices are hard disconnected after sleep, also 4K resolution only works when cold booting, if I reconnect the Display after booting the resolution is 1080p @30Hz.

Don't hesitate to ask if you need more info.

Cheers.

Attachments

• Mazakiss’s MacBook Pro - Mixsen Dock.ioreg
    6.7 MB · Views: 66
  • Mazakiss’s MacBook Pro - Dell D6000 Dock.ioreg
    6.9 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Motherboard
Intel NUC8i7BEH2
CPU
i7
Graphics
HD 655
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is exactly what I was worried about when 5520 users use these files. I have not seen or read this behavior for users with the 9560. I agree, your screen should be working after you shutdown and unplug everything and reboot. I believe it's best to boot and shutdown not in clamshell mode. Meaning your laptop is open with display active. Give this a try?

Intel HD 530 vs 630 could be the cause and in your previous post you said you "fixed" it manually. Maybe it's not fixed properly. Did you use latest Hackintool to implement your framebuffers/ports/bus from scratch?

Hi @blazinsmokey ,
I have tried booting the laptop both open and closed - result remains the same.
In fact - after two cycles there is no image on the screen when tb16 is connected :(

As for the Hackingtool - being a rookie I had no idea it existed.
I only used the latest clover files you had in your post with the latest version of clover.
I will do some reading on the Hackingtool and give it a go.

Thanks for the suggestion and for taking the time to read though all this fluff.
I will keep this post up to date if I make any progress.

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i7BEH2
CPU
i7
Graphics
HD 655
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Right,
so I have found some people with a similar issue here:

Following their advice, I have changed my intel id on my clover USB to
0x193B0005 (it used to be 19120000).
With that - everything seems to be working as expected - system boots via tb16 if the lid is closed.
If the lid is open - it boots via the laptop screen.
If the tb16 is disconnected, the laptop screen works with no issues.

I just run the geekbench (Single core 4524/multi 15384, OpenCL 29834).

Nothing major to report.
Now I am off to order a WiFi card that will replace the Intel one that was delivered with the laptop.

Have a great day!

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
Asus Geforce GTC 660 Ti
Thank you so much for this guide. I finally got my triple boot (Mojave - Kubuntu - Win10) setup to work. Like Bram77, I’m still waiting for my DW1560; I just use HoRNDIS in the meantime. Should I expect any issues after swapping the wifi card, or will my current install handle that just fine? Also, what kind of battery life are you guys getting? It feels somewhat shorter than Linux and Windows for me.

Hi there. I like to triple boot Mojave, Cinnamon, Win 10. Can you provide a short procedure for me to follow? I've tried installing Win 10 first and then Mojave, but Win 10 "broke" Mojave. Then I've tried installed Mojave first, then Win 10, but disk utility stalled while partitioning same disk for Win 10.

Hi @blazinsmokey
Thank you for your work,It is very stable

Here is a VoodooPS2Controller.kext file for you. it fix keyboard cold boot issue, you don't need install kext to L/E anymore
File come from here: https://github.com/jardenliu/XPS15-9560-Mojave/tree/master/CLOVER/kexts/Other

Also I2C already update to 2.1.5, works great. maybe you can update your build.

In this build https://github.com/jardenliu/XPS15-9560-Mojave/ When waking from sleep, there is no black flash issue from screen, I don't know how he did it, maybe you can check the jardenliu's build and fix the black flash issue in the future?

In short, thank you very much for your work!

Attachments

• VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip
    52.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.