Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bram77, @bbst, etc

I'm also on the Dell "TB16" TB3 dock with Precision 5520 laptop. it's amazing all of this is working.
want to ask those of you who are running this combination...

i have dock connected two displays (over the HDMI and mini-DP)... it seems most reliable if i boot up with the laptop lid open and the laptop's screen kicks in first... then i actually do get output on both monitors, but they're mirrored and i don't see anywhere to separate and extend desktop across both... the laptop's built-in screen is actually properly extending.

my guess is that since they are exactly the same external monitor, the mac can't tell the difference? i guess i can just slap on a slightly different display model and prove that out... wondering if there's any insight along those lines?

thanks!

Does the type-c and thunderbolt3 hot plug work perfectly at 10.14.3?
I installed 10.14.3 and the hot plug is not working.

That's what I observed as well with my T480S - I was wondering whether it worked with 10.14.2?

i too saw less than ideal behavior on hot un/plug with 14.3... i'm just getting in the game so i don't have experience with prior on this hardware... it seemed like it might recover sometimes if i waited long enough but i haven't proven that out more than one fuzzy observation

Huh, AFAIK OSX did not update (automatic updates are turned off) and I did not open clover config, so that should not have updated, but OSX is missing from Clover on boot.

It's also missing from clover when I boot from my USB installer I used last week.

Any ideas?
Was clover working before? If so, it could have been removed from your boot options. (At least this is what happened to me). I fixed this by going to bios (f2) and then selecting boot sequence. After this I hit add boot options and then hit the three dots next to file name. I navigated to clover/boot and selected BOOTX64.efi.

The installation is working great on my Precision 5520, now I've got the dell wifi card installed (plug and play). Really awesome! I've got one annoying problem though, and I was wondering if I'm the only one.

The laptop doesn't seem to go into suspended mode when I close the lid. Maybe it sometimes doen, but most of the time when I get my laptop from my backpack after a night sleep it's warm and often the fans are blowing. When I haven't used it for the weekend the battery often is empty.

Any suggestions about how I can troubleshoot this problem?

The installation is working great on my Precision 5520, now I've got the dell wifi card installed (plug and play). Really awesome! I've got one annoying problem though, and I was wondering if I'm the only one.

The laptop doesn't seem to go into suspended mode when I close the lid. Maybe it sometimes doen, but most of the time when I get my laptop from my backpack after a night sleep it's warm and often the fans are blowing. When I haven't used it for the weekend the battery often is empty.

Any suggestions about how I can troubleshoot this problem?

Nobody? This thing is really annoying, in a few hours the battery is flat. Even when I put macos to sleep manually and then close the lid.

Guys one question, what is about track pad for real it is a compatible to real macbook pro touchpad? I am looking for a good hackintosh laptop (the latest one was dell 7559) everything was good enough except touchpad, it was a low price gaming laptop so it contains a cheap touchpad it was a my mistake, so I sold this laptop and now searching for something very similar to real Macbooks touchpad

The XPS/Precision has the best trackpad I have ever encountered on a non-apple device. It's a bit too sensitive with macOs, but that's a minor complaint and the only one, in my opinion. It might be possible to tweak it to be a bit less sensitive. I haven't tried yet.

The XPS/Precision has the best trackpad I have ever encountered on a non-apple device. It's a bit too sensitive with macOs, but that's a minor complaint and the only one, in my opinion. It might be possible to tweak it to be a bit less sensitive. I haven't tried yet.
But it is a working all gestures like in macbook ? And you really don't need a mouse?

That's right. You're likely to forget you're using anything other then a macbook pro. Especially when you have a 4k display (which I don't have, because I prefer the extra hours of battery life).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back