Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 - YH90J
CPU
I7-7700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1050, HD 630
A lot of errors like what? Mine is working out of the box. Anything I should look out for?

Got a lot of kernal panics :p
But it seems only I have this problem. So no need to look out for something.

But the positive thing I got from this. My trackpad is working without installing the Kext to L/E or S/L/E.

And with clover 3 (i think) USB C is also working very well. Only a third display is not working. Dual display is working.

And i have a hdcp error when I want to watch ITunes movies. But I am looking for a way to fix it. Because nobody else has this problem...

And i have a hdcp error when I want to watch ITunes movies. But I am looking for a way to fix it. Because nobody else has this problem...
I have an XPS 9550 and I have the same problem sadly. It is an annoying problem and havent found any solution. I have tried the guide from here but nothing I try fixes it. 10.14.3 is a lot more stable and with Clover 4844 and latest kexts there is far less crashes. It might also fix VoodooPS2 on coldboot as I haven't had it happen to me since updating.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Anyone have any luck with multiple displays on the 9560? I can't seem to get the WD15/Intel 630 to do anything but mirror with two external monitors, lid closed. It's very frustrating.

I also still cannot get WD15's ethernet adapter working, despite it seeing it. I did some searches and have not found any solutions for either.

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
A lot of errors like what? Mine is working out of the box. Anything I should look out for?
I have an XPS 9550 and I have the same problem sadly. It is an annoying problem and havent found any solution. I have tried the guide from here but nothing I try fixes it. 10.14.3 is a lot more stable and with Clover 4844 and latest kexts there is far less crashes. It might also fix VoodooPS2 on coldboot as I haven't had it happen to me since updating.
Anyone have any luck with multiple displays on the 9560? I can't seem to get the WD15/Intel 630 to do anything but mirror with two external monitors, lid closed. It's very frustrating.

I also still cannot get WD15's ethernet adapter working, despite it seeing it. I did some searches and have not found any solutions for either.
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ / HM175
Graphics
HD 630 / GTX 1050
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Having installed and updated to newest release, I am not able to get audio working and also trackpad is not working perfectly. I have tried updating kexts, installing to /L/E and fixing permissions and rebuilding kextcache without any luck.

Everything else is working smoothly as intended :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
---

Fixed by removing FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 YH90J
CPU
i7-7700hq
Graphics
HD 630 - GTX 1050
Thanks alot this guide worked really well. I just have a couple of problems that I need help working out.
1. My HDMI port isn't working
2. My everything on my display is really small when I set it to 1080p. But, when I set it to 1600 x 900 everything looked like it was sized correctly but it was blurry. (I think I need to turn on hidpi but it wouldn't appear for me)
3. Third I want to know if I should disable the GTX 1050ti inside my laptop.

Thanks again, this guide has been really helpful!!!

Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 YH90J
CPU
i7-7700hq
Graphics
HD 630 - GTX 1050
Thanks alot this guide worked really well. I just have a couple of problems that I need help working out.
1. My HDMI port isn't working
2. My everything on my display is really small when I set it to 1080p. But, when I set it to 1600 x 900 everything looked like it was sized correctly but it was blurry. (I think I need to turn on hidpi but it wouldn't appear for me)
3. Third I want to know if I should disable the GTX 1050ti inside my laptop.

Thanks again, this guide has been really helpful!!!

Actually I got the display working but I am still wondering whether I should disable my GTX 1050ti.

Motherboard
xps9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD630+GTX1050
Thank you for your directions.
I successfully got the actually-working xps 9560 hackintosh.
And I have 4k touchscreen display.
I don't need to add boot arg -cdfon to enable hdmi

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Huh, AFAIK OSX did not update (automatic updates are turned off) and I did not open clover config, so that should not have updated, but OSX is missing from Clover on boot.

It's also missing from clover when I boot from my USB installer I used last week.

Any ideas?