Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 9560 - 1.10.1 - Clover
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
I'm on the keyboard about 6+ hours a day and I don't have many mistaps with tap to click. My palm does not touch the keyboard/touchpad; I find that if I dangle my fingers/hand over the keyboard while typing, my wrist doesn't hurt at all after extended use. It did take a while getting used to, but worth it if you're typing over long periods of time (nothing beats taking short breaks to stretch though). But most of my coworkers/people I know don't use tap to click, so I can see where you're coming from.

I also have the bluetooth problem where it goes "Bluetooth unavailable" after I wake from sleep, as I use a bluetooth speaker. I don't know how to replicate the issue, but it always goes away when I restart the laptop and happens maybe 1 out of 20+ times after I wake from sleep.

I tried installing the Bluetooth kexts to L/E, along with keeping it with kexts/other and Detect Kexts on, but no luck. There was still bluetooth unavailable from time to time.

In a second attempt, I removed the Bluetooth kexts from kexts/Other and kept it in L/E and it resulted in a kernel panic after 30 seconds after logging in, 100% of the time. I don't know if I had to remove any hotpatches or anything else besides stuff from Kexts/Other. I quickly put the BT kexts back from Trash to kexts/other as fast as I could before any more kernel panics.

Kext cache rebuilt after every kext change.

But that is a minor annoyance; would be great if it could be fixed though. My network card is a DW1560.

I also had the same issue as you where my laptop woke up from sleep in my backpack. It was extremely warm-hot and my battery was drained from 100%. It only happened once in the past 3-4 months since I had hackintosh on it (never happened with Windows/Linux), but like the previous issue, I can't replicate it and it was months ago.

Thanks, sure the tap thing isn't a big thing, but would be nice not to have bt going off, i didnt see it mentioned before thus at least i know i am not alone here on this one :/
Anyways after restart it is still there unavailable, anyways looks like i get bt unavailable when getting of from sleep only when after charging but also sometimes it went away also during just doing things on laptop...

ok rebuiding kextcache and then restart made in available again.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 9560 - 1.10.1 - Clover
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
overheating while sleep happened again now, i just came and laptop is hot, battery is only at 50% so i guess it must have started just now who knows for what reason, kernel_task was having most of cpu percentage..

Motherboard
Dell 9560
CPU
i7
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks for this guide. This is so much cleaner. My only problem is the keyboard not working randomly every reboot or cold boot. I have to mess around the kextcache to make it work again.

my configuration is same as you .4k screen i7 cpu

may I read your clover?? thanks .

I used the clover 3.0. it always to reboot after get in the systme.

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
Asus H81M-PLUS
CPU
i3-4150
Graphics
HD 4400
You are simply amazing blazinsmokey! My laptop is coming soon, I really can't wait to install everything you have put together. You need to be on a payroll!

Motherboard
XPS 9560 4K , 1TB WD Black SSD
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
GTX-1050
Very nice guide! Is there a specific way to install Kexts? I can install Mojave just fine using the latest Clover (rehabman). MacOS boots up fine without the USB but as soon as I install the kexts provided and try to reboot, I get stuck in a bootloop. I'm using kextsbeast and installing to L\E. Am I missing something?

Motherboard
Dell 9560 (Clover)
CPU
Intel Core i7 7700HQ
Graphics
Intel 630/NVIDIA GTX 1050, 3840 x 2160
Very nice guide! Is there a specific way to install Kexts? I can install Mojave just fine using the latest Clover (rehabman). MacOS boots up fine without the USB but as soon as I install the kexts provided and try to reboot, I get stuck in a bootloop. I'm using kextsbeast and installing to L\E. Am I missing something?

Had the same issue, used kext updater to scan for an updated versions of what was provided, once I overwrote those and installed via the provided kextbeast all was good!

___

Seperate question. I had to do this when I installed high sierra but it's been a while and can't seem to get this working.

Is there something specific for mojave that I need to do to get my wireless adapter to be recognised as built in? Wanting to do this so I can get imessage etc. working

Does Use the Caps Lock key to switch to and from ABC work.
I use this config, but it has some problem.

Motherboard
DELL Precision 5520 - OpenCore
CPU
i5-7440HQ
Graphics
HD 630
@ALL,

Has anyone noticed the Framebuffer Depth Value in Hardware-Graphics/Displays? it is 30-bit, Shouldn't it be 32-bit?
I have not a macbook*, Can anyone help confirm this value on real Macbook and hackbook? What are your values?

Here is my screenshot:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 22.59.24.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 22.59.24.png
    758.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
@ALL,

Has anyone noticed the Framebuffer Depth Value in Hardware-Graphics/Displays? it is 30-bit, Shouldn't it be 32-bit?
I have not a macbook*, Can anyone help confirm this value on real Macbook and hackbook? What are your values?

Here is my screenshot:
In my macbook pro 2015, the value is
24-Bit Color (ARGB8888)