i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys!
Can you guys help me out with a trackpad issue I have that I can't seem to fix, namely: I don't have secondary click with the touchpad. I does work with Ctrl+Click or with a mouse but not with the touchpad, which is bugging me.

The only difference between my machine and blazinsmokeys laptop is the 4k screen. I have booted up Mojave seemingly without any issues by following the guide. This is my first hackintosch as well. I used download "XPS9560-Clover 2.1.zip" because 3.0 is under testing as I understood from the first post.

The steps that I did to install Mojave:
  1. Created from scatch a vanilla mojave 10.14.2 usb installer with clover directly from command line. I followed Rehabmans laptop guide to creating this. No Unibeast was used.
  2. After the EFI partion was done I copy/pasted the downloaded Clover onto the USB EFI Clover folder.
  3. Did the kext-to-patch for my nvme ssd.
  4. Added the -cdfon bootflag
  5. Booted from usb, installed as normal.
  6. I skipped the SMBIOS because I don't have iCLoud services, probably go for it during the holiday period.
  7. Disabled hibernation
  8. After installing I copy/pasted the VoodooPS2Controller.kext into L/E and rebuild my kext cache like so: "sudo kextcache -i /"
  9. I copied the USB EFI Clover folder to my ssd EFI Clover folder.
  10. Rebooted.

Now my problem with the touchpad is:
  1. On the very first boot the primary and secondary (two finger click) worked perfectly but no gestures.
  2. On the second boot (so the result of step 10) everything including gestures seems to work except the secondary click. Neither two finger click nor clicking on the edge of the trackpad seem to work. Now secondary click though Ctrl+Click or a mouse works perfectly but I want my touchpad to work.
The similar problems in this thread don't seem to apply to my situation and before I start moving kexts places I'd like your input.

Cheers!

Motherboard
XPS 15 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Neither two finger click nor clicking on the edge of the trackpad seem to work.
Just to add to diagnosis, I don't have secondary click through clicking on the edge of the trackpad either, though two finger click works.
What is your setting in System Preferences -> Trackpad ->Point & Click -> Secondary click?

Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Just to add to diagnosis, I don't have secondary click through clicking on the edge of the trackpad either, though two finger click works.
What is your setting in System Preferences -> Trackpad ->Point & Click -> Secondary click?

We'll I'd love to have two finger click for secondary to work as well! How did you get that to work, like what did you do post install? I have it set to "Click with two fingers".

I'm wondering if I could read out the direct input of the touchpad or if I should move the VoodooI2C to Library/Extensions?

Motherboard
XPS 15 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
How did you get that to work, like what did you do post install?
It just worked. Not sure if relevant, but I had HS already, then cleaned up/upgraded my EFI folder and config.plist very carefully, then upgraded to Mojave through the standard Mac App Store download path

or if I should move the VoodooI2C to Library/Extensions?
That is the more correct place for all the custom kexts anyway, but note that I have an issue where if I have VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID in /L/E, then gestures don't work. If placed in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other, everything works well.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Interesting...
Since with my fresh install the secondary click with two fingers worked but absolutely no gestures and the touchpad was slow in the sense that a small motion of the mouse took a lot of swiping. Then I reboot and the touchpad feels like it should with gestures but no secondary click. Every other reboot retains the 'good' touchpad functionality :)

So which kexts about the touchpad do you have in the /Other? Do you have any idea about the versions? Maybe I'm just coping with a version mismatch somehow?
Do you have any input related kexts in the /L/E?

Last edited:
Motherboard
XPS 15 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Motherboard
XPS 15 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
@Rainer1967 - I should say, my setup most closely aligns with the v3.0 zip from this thread

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VII Hero
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
HD 4600 + GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Interesting...
Since with my fresh install the secondary click with two fingers worked but absolutely no gestures and the touchpad was slow in the sense that a small motion of the mouse took a lot of swiping. Then I reboot and the touchpad feels like it should with gestures but no secondary click. Every other reboot retains the 'good' touchpad functionality :)

So which kexts about the touchpad do you have in the /Other? Do you have any idea about the versions? Maybe I'm just coping with a version mismatch somehow?
Do you have any input related kexts in the /L/E?

Make sure clover and all your kexts are updated to latest version and rebuild kext cache. As polarbear128 has said. Also you can try clearing NVRAM at the clover boot screen. I believe it's F11.

If not working then attach debug files. I'll take a look but I have no problems with secondary click by tapping with two fingers. Clicking down on the trackpad with two fingers however does not work, but I never tried until you brought this up. I'm a tapper not a clicker :lol:

Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I experimented:
  1. Updated to newest kexts. No nice.
  2. VooDoo kexts into Library/Extentions. Didn't work
  3. For some reason it crashed when I was deleting it and I couldn't boot anymore? Got stuck on some weird waiting for cpu timeout message.
  4. Got it to work again through single user mode, deleted the kexts from Library/Extentions. Rebuilt cache, no dice.
  5. Deleted NVRAM, no dice.
It doesn't really matter if you tab or click. it just won't register the two finger secondary click. I don't know anymore. I'll post the debug files soon!

edit: here is my debug. I hope you have more luck then I do. I really appreciate the help!

Attachments

• debug_13090.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VII Hero
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
HD 4600 + GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
here is my debug. I hope you have more luck then I do. I really appreciate the help!

Your debug files are missing boot log and a proper ioreg dump. Use the script linked in the guide.
Also what bios version are you using? Update to same one I'm using and make sure your bios settings are ideal as well.

Edit: What NVME do you have that you need that patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.