Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
try this

install all kexts to /Library/Extensions and then add boot argument: vsmcgen=1

had the same issue on my laptop and the above boot argument allowed my machine to boot
Yes... Transition from FakeSMC.kext to VirtualSMC.kext must be done very carefully.

Also, if there are issues just from moving from Lilu+plugins (VirtualSMC.kext is also a Lilu plugin) in EFI to /L/E, careful construction and installation of a correctly coded LiluFriend.kext should also be considered.

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-Clover
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD530 + GTX 950m 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yes... Transition from FakeSMC.kext to VirtualSMC.kext must be done very carefully.

Also, if there are issues just from moving from Lilu+plugins (VirtualSMC.kext is also a Lilu plugin) in EFI to /L/E, careful construction and installation of a correctly coded LiluFriend.kext should also be considered.
ahh, thanks for that, i will look into this :)

Motherboard
XPS 15 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
The problem:
I have a Dell monitor that accepts a DP connection over USB-C, so I'm using that (through USB-C on the XPS).
When the monitor is attached, audio only comes through the laptop speakers, and there is no option in the Sound System Preference to switch to Display Port.
If I then connect the monitor via HDMI, I get two options - one for output through HDMI, and one for output through DisplayPort.
Switching to DP output gives me sound through attached speakers (as does HDMI), and then removing the HDMI cable enables the DP option to remain and work still.
Pulling the USB-C cable and then reattaching removed the DP option and it doesn't come back, until HDMI is plugged back in.
It's not really a major problem, as I have the above workaround, but I would love to get it sorted.
I tried both having USB-C attached before boot, and attaching it after I've logged in - no difference.
Is this something you (or anyone reading) has come across?
Further to this, I've found that there is another way to get the DisplayPort sound output option to appear.
If the lid is closed and then reopened while the monitor is plugged in to USB-C, the DP sound option appears and is selected.
Sound preference.png

Note that with this monitor, being plugged into USB-C means that it's charging the laptop as well.
Also something that may be relevant - closing the lid with the monitor plugged in will only sometimes switch to single display through the monitor. Sometimes the monitor screen will go black, although the laptop doesn't go to sleep. In both cases, the DP sound option will appear on opening the lid.
I've attached a fresh gen_debug output.

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
ahh, thanks for that, i will look into this :)
Note: There is a script that will generate LiluFriend.kext automatically in my hack-tools github project.

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-Clover
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD530 + GTX 950m 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Note: There is a script that will generate LiluFriend.kext automatically in my hack-tools github project.
i saw that earlier and will make an attempt later on, cheers! :)

Motherboard
XPS 15 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Can confirm generating and using LiluFriend.kext obviates the need for the vsmcgen=1 boot flag, at least on the XPS 15 9560.
Thanks, @RehabMan , those scripts are very helpful!

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Can confirm generating and using LiluFriend.kext obviates the need for the vsmcgen=1 boot flag, at least on the XPS 15 9560.
Thanks, @RehabMan , those scripts are very helpful!
Cool... thanks for testing.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 9560 - 1.10.1 - Clover
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Everything works great went through the instructions to the dot and it is fantastic.
The only issue i see is wifi, the guide is based around dw1560. My issue is that the speeds are quite slow (9MB/s) I tested it by copying files from my NAS on my network where i use netgear r7000 (with dd-wrt) i have VHT80mhz enabled. Yet on my old mbp with n wifi only it is faster like 17MB/s.
Also after doing all the post install later i went to connect to bt my headphones and it went bt unavailable. After reboot the bt was still unavailable later i have switched of notebook and later came back to it this evening and bt was there and also was able to connect to headphones and works fine. Was wondering if there could be some erratic issues maybe i miss the right kext for dw1830?
Since nobody has really added to this anything i guess then the issue probably would be only the card itself also adding to this that yesterday i tried to change the anthenas from black to white and as well the third one i tried multiple ones that i got from china and pretty much all yeld the same result which is a little better but far from what i believe 802.11ac can do (16MB/s).
Anyone can suggest what max speed are you getting on dw1560 vs dw1830?

Motherboard
XPS 15 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Since nobody has really added to this anything i guess then the issue probably would be only the card itself also adding to this that yesterday i tried to change the anthenas from black to white and as well the third one i tried multiple ones that i got from china and pretty much all yeld the same result which is a little better but far from what i believe 802.11ac can do (16MB/s).
Anyone can suggest what max speed are you getting on dw1560 vs dw1830?
I have the dw1830, and am getting:

Externally I'm getting:

PING ms
DOWNLOAD Mbps

UPLOAD Mbps

through speedtest.net.

In System Info, I'm getting
Transmit Rate: 351 (and with a refresh, 145)

Alt-Clicking the wifi icon, I'm getting
Tx Rate: 145Mbps

In Network Utility, I'm getting
Link Speed: 144Mbit/s

Which is all around 18MB/s

*EDIT* Actually that was mostly on the 2.4GHz AP. On the 5GHz, I'm getting a uniform 351

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 9560 - 1.10.1 - Clover
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
I have the dw1830, and am getting:

Externally I'm getting:

PING ms
DOWNLOAD Mbps

UPLOAD Mbps

through speedtest.net.

In System Info, I'm getting
Transmit Rate: 351 (and with a refresh, 145)

Alt-Clicking the wifi icon, I'm getting
Tx Rate: 145Mbps

In Network Utility, I'm getting
Link Speed: 144Mbit/s

Which is all around 18MB/s

*EDIT* Actually that was mostly on the 2.4GHz AP. On the 5GHz, I'm getting a uniform 351
thanks for that actually i have check and tx rate shows 540mbps, but well nowhere near that now uhm :/
strangely when i do speedtest i get 240mbps which i believe is max of our line here (virgin) but that should be also seen when transfering on lwan damn :/