Dell XPS 15 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mobile Phone
Android
That's actually expected behaviour for pretty much any laptop

On 10.13 you can set 1080p@60Hz then set 1080p HiDPI@30Hz and then set any resolution you like. I wouldn't expect to get true 60Hz that way, but at least you can use resolutions like 1440p HiDPI which is available at 60Hz only.
On 10.14 this trick doesn't work, so eGPU or TB3->DP or TB3->HDMI 2.0 adapter is only option.
Thanks very much for the information.
I've checked that Intel HD630 supports 4K @ 60Hz through HDMI 2.0.
So I will buy an adapter to see if it works.

Motherboard
Lenovo Yoga 920
CPU
i7-8550U/16GB/EVO+
Graphics
UHD620@4K
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Excellent work people!

I took the V.3 package, replaced the CLOVER folder and installed the kexts to /L/E but the boot process hangs after ApplePS2Controller, after 2 logs of
Code:
AppleIntelLpssI2CController::_serviceMatchingTimeSubr: ftimerServiceMatching timed out, fNotifications 0
the system stands still.

Am I missing something? It's the Laptop #2 in the Signature, should be more or less exactly the same as in Post #1.

Thanks!

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Excellent work people!

I took the V.3 package, replaced the CLOVER folder and installed the kexts to /L/E but the boot process hangs after ApplePS2Controller, after 2 logs of
Code:
AppleIntelLpssI2CController::_serviceMatchingTimeSubr: ftimerServiceMatching timed out, fNotifications 0
the system stands still.

Am I missing something? It's the Laptop #2 in the Signature, should be more or less exactly the same as in Post #1.

Thanks!
Must use CoolStar patches to disable the Apple I2C kexts.
Refer to config_patches.plist as linked from the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Motherboard
Lenovo Yoga 920
CPU
i7-8550U/16GB/EVO+
Graphics
UHD620@4K
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks but that didn't help. I rerun the installer, that worked OK but a fresh boot hangs at the same spot.

Anything else I could try?

"Couldn't alloc class "VoodooI2CHIDDevices"" occurs with the Clover files v2.1
You need to be clear and detailed regarding what you're doing.
And you must attach PR files.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Motherboard
Lenovo Yoga 920
CPU
i7-8550U/16GB/EVO+
Graphics
UHD620@4K
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Understood and agree - I had a backup clone I wanted to turn into a better system but I think I'll do a fresh and clean installation and start from the beginning.

Thanks!

Motherboard
Lenovo Yoga 920
CPU
i7-8550U/16GB/EVO+
Graphics
UHD620@4K
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
So I did a fresh Mojave re-install, installed the newest clover, took the v2.1, replaced the clover directory. Left all as is. Everything went really well, I setup the system, replaced the SMBIOS and basically this is where problems begun. It took longer and longer to boot at the end it stuck at having issues with the SMC provider, timeouts. Nothing works.

In the mean time I updated the BIOS and tried replacing VirtualSMC with my own compiled version but currently I have no other idea than doing the fresh re-start and paying attention to the very detail what am I doing. Very strange and very frustrating because when it works it is an exceptionally cool laptop to use and work with. Meh.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
So I did a fresh Mojave re-install, installed the newest clover, took the v2.1, replaced the clover directory. Left all as is. Everything went really well, I setup the system, replaced the SMBIOS and basically this is where problems begun. It took longer and longer to boot at the end it stuck at having issues with the SMC provider, timeouts. Nothing works.

In the mean time I updated the BIOS and tried replacing VirtualSMC with my own compiled version but currently I have no other idea than doing the fresh re-start and paying attention to the very detail what am I doing. Very strange and very frustrating because when it works it is an exceptionally cool laptop to use and work with. Meh.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Motherboard
ASUS Prime Z370-A
CPU
i7-8700k
Graphics
GTX 970 SSC
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi,

I have everything almost working correctly, just have a quick question:

The tilde key (`) on the keyboard isn’t working correctly. It is typing to “§” instead. I remapped it using Karibiner Elements but using that causes my caps lock LED to be stuck once turned on. Is there any native solutions to fixing the tilde key?

Additionally, I just realized that my brightness and sound adjusting keys don't work.

Not sure what info I should provide for diagnosing this issue. I have the same CLOVER folder from OP (v3) and have move VoodooPS2 kext into L/E so it works on cold boot, just have that one small issue.

Last edited: