Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Big Sur OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. The missing keys means you must add that particular key into the config.plist.
If the key says 'Kernel > Quirks > Missing Key:SetAPFSTrimout' then you go to Kernel, Quirks
and add the missing key underneath like this:

View attachment 523230

Most keys are set using boolean method ie. yes/no but some could be string or number value also. But if you are using the sample.plist as the basis, all you need to do is make a copy of the sample.plist and transfer over your existing settings (whatever they are) into the config.plist.

Have you generated your SMBIOS serials yet? Such as UUID, ROM and board serials? If not you will need those too under PlatformInfo - Datahub. The sections where they are marked * Generate serial ** are where you need to put your existing SMBIOS serial values if you have them already. If not you will need to generate them using SSDTPrGen. :

View attachment 523231

If you are updating your config.plist to OC 0.6.6. you'll also need to download the Opencore release for 0.6.6.
The download link is under the Assets link under 0.6.6. You need the Release version, X64 files > https://github.com/acidanthera/opencorepkg/releases

For the full list of settings needed for your configuration you should refer to the Dortania guide here for Kaby Lake:
No, I’ve just been tweaking this one, hence why I was curious if anymore updates would be released here in this thread.

No, I’ve just been tweaking this one, hence why I was curious if anymore updates would be released here in this thread.
Right. Well I see the guide has a changelog for up to 0.6.7. It should tell you what you need to change in the config.plist. 0.6.7. is not the newest version but it should work okay.

I am on a XPS 15 9560 4k.

I am getting stuck on the apple logo with the latest version. I have a working version, but wanted to upgrade OpenCore to the latest version. I also tried booting with the exact config.plist, after I made the 4k tweaks for the res.

I have attached the logs.

I have made the bios config as mentioned in post and also made the changes in the grub shell.

If you have any ideas, let me know!

Thanks

Attachments

• 20210707_131459.jpg
    20210707_131459.jpg
    617.8 KB · Views: 45
I am on a XPS 15 9560 4k.

I am getting stuck on the apple logo with the latest version. I have a working version, but wanted to upgrade OpenCore to the latest version. I also tried booting with the exact config.plist, after I made the 4k tweaks for the res.

I have attached the logs.

I have made the bios config as mentioned in post and also made the changes in the grub shell.

If you have any ideas, let me know!

Thanks
would help more if you zipped and uploaded your OC folder here

would help more if you zipped and uploaded your OC folder here
Attached.

I have removed my serial no. etc.

Thanks for quick reply

Attachments

• OC-bak.zip
    12.6 MB · Views: 57
Attached.

I have removed my serial no. etc.

Thanks for quick reply
PowerTimeoutKernelPanic should be enabled

MacBookPro14,1 would be a better choice

also please add in your supported intel graphics to your hardware profile please

Hi,

I already have all my details setup 14,3. I might tweak it afterwards, assume that isn't causing the problem though.

I just enabled PowerTimeoutKernelPanic, and I have the same error, assuming it is the RTV wake error...

Hi,

I already have all my details setup 14,3. I might tweak it afterwards, assume that isn't causing the problem though.

I just enabled PowerTimeoutKernelPanic, and I have the same error, assuming it is the RTV wake error...
will need to see new files and new verbose output if you have made changes

I just updated quirks -> PowerTimeoutKernelPanic to true

The logs are exactly the same, can provide them if needed

I just updated quirks -> PowerTimeoutKernelPanic to true

The logs are exactly the same, can provide them if needed
what was wrong with the files in post 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back