Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Big Sur OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't figure this out. I did a OC compare with the newest sample.config but I don't know what to do for it.

Screen shot attached.

Thank you!
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
Mine is updated. But it's showing my Desktop build, not my Laptop, which is a Dell XPS 9560 i5-7300 with 4k touch screen.

Last edited:
then change it please
Sorry, but Why? My main build is my desktop which is listed. It doesn’t let me add a second one. The sig options don’t allow for laptops from what I can tell.

I can't figure this out. I did a OC compare with the newest sample.config but I don't know what to do for it.

Screen shot attached.

Thank you!
What you have there listed is showing you what is missing from your current user config.plist file compared to the latest sample.plist. You are either supposed to add them in or not use the version that sample plist was designed for.
If it says 'missing key' that's what it means - that line or key or property is missing from the table under the section headed.

How are you editing your EFI config.plist. Are you using a Plist editor or Opencore Configurator?
If you are using Opencore Configurator you must use the version specified for your OC otherwise it may cause extra lines to be written to the config.plist XML table that can cause boot issues. Judging from the keys used, your target OC version seems to be 0.6.6 am I correct?

A good way around to achieving this would be to work with an existing OC 0.6.6. sample.plist, make a copy of it and edit the file with your current config.plist values and system configuration.

What you have there listed is showing you what is missing from your current user config.plist file compared to the latest sample.plist. You are either supposed to add them in or not use the version that sample plist was designed for.
If it says 'missing key' that's what it means - that line or key or property is missing from the table under the section headed.

How are you editing your EFI config.plist. Are you using a Plist editor or Opencore Configurator?
If you are using Opencore Configurator you must use the version specified for your OC otherwise it may cause extra lines to be written to the config.plist XML table that can cause boot issues. Judging from the keys used, your target OC version seems to be 0.6.6 am I correct?

A good way around to achieving this would be to work with an existing OC 0.6.6. sample.plist, make a copy of it and edit the file with your current config.plist values and system configuration.
But I don't know how to figure out what values to put in for them.

But I don't know how to figure out what values to put in for them.
Right. The missing keys means you must add that particular key into the config.plist.
If the key says 'Kernel > Quirks > Missing Key:SetAPFSTrimout' then you go to Kernel, Quirks
and add the missing key underneath like this:

Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 3.32.54 PM.png

Most keys are set using boolean method ie. yes/no but some could be string or number value also. But if you are using the sample.plist as the basis, all you need to do is make a copy of the sample.plist and transfer over your existing settings (whatever they are) into the config.plist.

Have you generated your SMBIOS serials yet? Such as UUID, ROM and board serials? If not you will need those too under PlatformInfo - Datahub. The sections where they are marked * Generate serial ** are where you need to put your existing SMBIOS serial values if you have them already. If not you will need to generate them using SSDTPrGen. :

Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 3.36.31 PM.png

If you are updating your config.plist to OC 0.6.6. you'll also need to download the Opencore release for 0.6.6.
The download link is under the Assets link under 0.6.6. You need the Release version, X64 files > https://github.com/acidanthera/opencorepkg/releases

For the full list of settings needed for your configuration you should refer to the Dortania guide here for Kaby Lake:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back