Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Big Sur OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much for the hard work. I also use Big Sur (11.2.1) on the XPS 9560 as a daily driver and am very happy with it. On v0.5/OC 0.6.7 everything seems to work.

Since a few days, I have the TB 16 dock on hand with two displays connected (Apple Cinema Display and a generic 1920x1200 display). However, the USB ports on the dock don't seem to work. Does anybody has similar problems? System definition is MacBookPro14,1.

Same issue with the WD15 dock - no USB ports on the dock work.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the hard work. I also use Big Sur (11.2.1) on the XPS 9560 as a daily driver and am very happy with it. On v0.5/OC 0.6.7 everything seems to work.

Since a few days, I have the TB 16 dock on hand with two displays connected (Apple Cinema Display and a generic 1920x1200 display). However, the USB ports on the dock don't seem to work. Does anybody has similar problems? System definition is MacBookPro14,1.

Same issue with the WD15 dock - no USB ports on the dock work.

How are you connecting the TB16 dock? For me, the dock doesn't work correctly unless it is already plugged in at the time of boot up. My USB ports seem to work, but I have my ports defined by SSDT (see last page) as opposed to a kext (in the first post and config.)

I tried both, connecting at boot-up and while running, USB ports won't work either way. I will try your SSDT and the 14,3 system definition and report back.

On a side note, two displays connected to the TB16 dock will only work if one of them is connected via a USB-C adapter through the dock. In my case, an Apple Cinema Display is connected via mini-DP and a generic display via an USB-C-to-HDMI adapter. If the second display is also directly connected to the dock, only one of the displays is detected - which one of them is quite random.

Last edited:
@bustra - very odd behavior. I have just moved, so my TB16 is in a box... somewhere... but I will see if I can dig it out and see what I can get working.

~

For those of you playing along at home, OC 0.7.0 is safe to update, as well as kexts. Follow the normal update procedure for OC.

@bustra @InsaneCultist - I have the same issues with TB16. Displays are working (I tried dual display with HDMI/ Displayport) but USB are not working.

Did you make any progress?

Any updates coming with the recent Open Core versions?

Thanks!!

Any updates coming with the recent Open Core versions?

Thanks!!
you can download opencore from here:

make sure to amend your config.plist with the latest changes etc

you can download opencore from here:

make sure to amend your config.plist with the latest changes etc
Right, but updating it can get messy if you aren't 100% sure what you're doing. Hence me asking about an update :)

Right, but updating it can get messy if you aren't 100% sure what you're doing. Hence me asking about an update :)
as long as you use ocvalidate on your config.plist and fix what is needed until there are no errors and you will be good to go

or i suppose you could just wait here and mash your refresh button and wait for someone to do the hard work for you

as long as you use ocvalidate on your config.plist and fix what is needed until there are no errors and you will be good to go

or i suppose you could just wait here and mash your refresh button and wait for someone to do the hard work for you
Already tested and confirmed working
About your HDMI fix, try the latest version and find out

I can't figure this out. I did a OC compare with the newest sample.config but I don't know what to do for it.

Screen shot attached.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 2.12.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 2.12.46 PM.png
    539.3 KB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back