Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Big Sur OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
All, I plan to replace my Matebook X Pro with an XPS 9550. Different CPU and possibly other components compared with the 9560. What are the likelyhood that your config will work with the 9550? The iGPU is also an earlier model.
There are alternate threads for the 9550. I personally own a Precision 5510 (same machine, Quadro GPU instead of Geforce) and it runs just as well as my 9560. I would not modify this config, though - best to follow alternate guides. There are enough differences between the machines that it makes a difference.

Thanks, found a few threads but nothing relvant for OpenCore, just for Clover. Maybe my search skills are not up-2-date :/. Found lots of threads on 9500 and 9560 though..

Thanks a lot for your perfect guide. I am using a XPS 9560 with 4K an i7.
I am using my hackintosh together with an TB16 docking station. I am using two monitors without any problems. Almost everything is working quite smooth. Unfortunately the ethernet port on the docking station and the usb ports on the dock aren't working. I think this problem comes together with the USB Configuration in this aml. In hackintool I can't see any additional USB-Ports when I boot with my docking station.
Can somebody give me any advice what to test to get my usb and ethernet ports working? I am quite new to opencore (and hackintoshs too). Any tutorial would be a help.

Thanks a lot for your perfect guide. I am using a XPS 9560 with 4K an i7.
I am using my hackintosh together with an TB16 docking station. I am using two monitors without any problems. Almost everything is working quite smooth. Unfortunately the ethernet port on the docking station and the usb ports on the dock aren't working. I think this problem comes together with the USB Configuration in this aml. In hackintool I can't see any additional USB-Ports when I boot with my docking station.
Can somebody give me any advice what to test to get my usb and ethernet ports working? I am quite new to opencore (and hackintoshs too). Any tutorial would be a help.
You're welcome, in your BIOS setting try disabling Boot Support and Pre-boot.

You're welcome, in your BIOS setting try disabling Boot Support and Pre-boot.
Inside the Network Settings a USB-Ethernet adapter is shown and gets some kind of connection, but only a self assigned IP. The USB Ports still don't work.

@LeLunZ
Yes brightness is fixed through those things you mentioned but at least at the time or whenever, they didn't save the brightness level through reboots. Made note on removing SMCLightSensor and testing for next release. Maybe whatevergreen implemented something for this over the years and I missed it.

I tested in dcord(I believe if we type out the actual comms app it'll need mod approval) apparently not still need approval for some reason.... for like 30 minutes maybe longer, audio/camera both on and shared full screen and no problems, the other user therealthingy here seemed to confirm everything was working with the latest release and mentioned these comms app issues before. You are using the latest release?

The SMBIOS thing could be an issue, I'm sure you read my reasons in the guide. Is there a specific reason you need to use 14,3? I find the only reason people want 14,3 is to pretend they have a better laptop lol. There is no logical reason to use 14,3 that I have come across. Note even for TB b/c we only have one port. I wonder if 14,3 macOS expecting the added security from the T2 chip is giving your system problems. Could be some added layer of security for use of camera/microphone? I don't know. I just looked at the notouchid kext and seems there are some reverts in commits and notice about not needing it in 11.1. This is exactly the reason I recommend using 14,1. Trying to patch out hardware requirements to fit a laptop profile doesn't really make sense when there's already a profile that doesn't have it.

My laptop shutsdown as normal maybe 5 seconds or so. Final thought the further you stray away from my setup like using a different SMBIOS the harder it is for me to help you or to figure out solutions for new problems. I'm glad you're doing your own investigating but I think you can understand where I'm coming from.
This weekend I had time to fix my problems. It seems it was really some faulty SMBIOS.

If somebody else has problems with their hackintosh, here a lot of issues I encountered:
  • A lot of interrupts. opening a new tab in safari could took up to 5-7 seconds...
  • Discord/zoom etc died when sharing video. And audio sometimes cut off.
  • Unlock with Apple Watch not working.
  • Laptop doesn't shut down correctly

Because of these problems I looked a lot into the Console app.
The only useable error which I found was from discord (exceptions about some QOS error, which has to do with wifi)
But still nothing useful.

So, today I realized that my internet connection on my hackintosh was kinda slow. Not extrem slow, but slower than on my phone.

So what did I do?
First checked if I missed some kext. (nope)
Then I checked the wifi menu (Option key + press on wifi icon)
There I found my problem, everything was correct, except that the TX rate switched between 270-300 (on AC wifi).
And I know that the TX Rate on the DW1560 can go up to 800 mbps.

So all these problems, seem to come with some faulty open core configuration. I don't really know how it got to the point where the wifi card ****ed up...but yeah.

To fix it:
Just download @blazinsmokey EFI again, and reapply it...

I also learned that you can switch the smbios, and you don't need to logout off iCloud.(I switched from 14,3 to 14,1) You just need to log enter your code again after the reboot.

But @blazinsmokey what's kinda weird. I just know, shut down my laptop at 17%.
After 5 minutes I started again and it was at 6%. Kinda weird.

And thx for all your help. :)

It works I can confirmed, no more 48Hz.
Hi Lopburi, May I know how do you know it's under 60Hz, not 48Hz, because the refresh rate info doesn't show in the Graphics/Display window.
View attachment 500735

it worked!! injust had wrong id for device-id but the thing made it work override-no-connect on 4k display. no other methods worked i been trying for 4 days. thanks so much!
hi Theace, May I know how do you get the refresh rate show up in the Graphics/Display window, because I'm not. see attachment.

View attachment 507061

Last edited:
I upgraded mine to Big Sur 11.2 and now laptop will not boot anymore...

Thank you @blazinsmokey for the update.
I did not noticed any issue with HDMI and USB, only face issue some time with my 2nd monitor connected via USB-C to hdmi adapter.
But there is one issue after this update, the builtin webcam stopped working, i rolled back to previous version and it works fine with 0.2 release.
Hey,
How did you get the camera to start working again?
That seems like the only issue I have right now, FaceTime says "No camera available"

FYI, you've got some outdated kexts in your EFI that I have to update in order for my trackpad to function. Also, there are some deprecated and missing OpenCore lines it seems when I ran it through OC-Tool.

New opencore just came out too, I tried updating to it, but I borked something. You releasing any updates on it?

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back