Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Big Sur OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been avoiding updating VoodooPS2Controller due to the default Command / Option swap. I see the SSDT to re-enable the swap in the docs, but I don't see this implemented in the sample config. How is everyone achieving this?
you can just switch the keys in the system preferences
System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Modifier Keys

Is that what you mean, or am I missing something?

@andypandy98 should work for Catalina, I don't see why it wouldn't at best maybe the 4K patch needs to be reverted to use the old one where they patch via userspace. Is there a specific function of ASPM you are trying to achieve? From what I understand ASPM is power management for PCI devices. If the goal is to lower the power consumption even more I'm not sure that is possible. ~5.5 Watts at idle with 50% brightness is probably as low as we can go here. IIRC linux on this machine uses 6.5 Watts. I'm willing to explore this but need to know exactly what we are doing.

@joot if you're mix matching kexts, patches and configs it's going to cause a lot of problems. If you have moved to using only my files and settings maybe a nvram reset would help clear any remaining things...

@InsaneCultist I assume you're talking about https://github.com/acidanthera/VoodooPS2/blob/master/Docs/ACPI/SSDT-Swap-CommandOption.dsl I never actually heard of this. Actually a very interesting method to accomplish something built into the OS. Anyways as stated by LeLunZ that is how I swap the modifier keys as well.

I was looking to purchase this laptop with a 1080p screen. Would you be able to check for me whether the text appears blurry when you enable Zoom in Accessibility?
Never used this feature but just tried and with smoothing disabled it doesn't look blurry at all.

Attached are two pics with my iPhone X, not the best pictures but I think it shows it good enough.
IMG_6735.JPGIMG_6736.JPG

Never used this feature but just tried and with smoothing disabled it doesn't look blurry at all.

Attached are two pics with my iPhone X, not the best pictures but I think it shows it good enough.

No 4K config.plist in the recent version?

^^ My 4K screen is only showing 1080 max resolution.

All, I plan to replace my Matebook X Pro with an XPS 9550. Different CPU and possibly other components compared with the 9560. What are the likelyhood that your config will work with the 9550? The iGPU is also an earlier model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back