Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Big Sur OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
@blazinsmokey
Any suggestions for sleep wake issue for the devices connected via USB-C ?
My second monitor connected via USB-C to hdmi and also keyboard connected to this dock refuse to work unless i disconnect it and connect again, even then in some cases it does not work unless i restart.

Hey, so my bios updated from Dell’s command update app, and now it’s not unlocking with your setup commands. Seems like maybe something changed. VerifyMsrE2 says firmware is locked, and issuing the commands within modGrubshell.efi showed the message in the screen shots.

thanks!

Attachments

• 90718ADB-FA44-4AC7-A1E5-03BA55C4E28C.jpeg
    90718ADB-FA44-4AC7-A1E5-03BA55C4E28C.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 59
  • 92E6F86D-11F8-4BAF-8408-D6F70F45C8FD.jpeg
    92E6F86D-11F8-4BAF-8408-D6F70F45C8FD.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 53
Already tested and confirmed working
About your HDMI fix, try the latest version and find out

My bluetooth only works if I am within 1-2 feet from the computer. When you mapped the USB ports, did you set bluetooth devices to internal? I've heard that fixes the issue.

whatevergreen 1.4.5 does not support boot args " -igfxmpc " , how to fix 48hz?

OC 0.6.5 was released today, I'll get to it when I can in the meantime...

Things to note:
  • whatevergreen update for 4K 60hz which we already had figured out
  • nvmefix might bring some better power savings
  • update to cpufriend, may want to recreate dataprovider
Lastly I just saw the new VoodooSMBus and VoodooRMI. This seems like a new fun way to use voodooi2c without ACPI edits/renames by using smbus, may even provide better power management and functionality.

Happy New Years and take care

Hey, so my bios updated from Dell’s command update app, and now it’s not unlocking with your setup commands. Seems like maybe something changed. VerifyMsrE2 says firmware is locked, and issuing the commands within modGrubshell.efi showed the message in the screen shots.

thanks!
What version is your BIOS? The latest one available on Dell's website is the one I'm using which is from Nov 20th, 1.21.0 as stated in the guide. The commands should have worked for that.

Now the CFGLock.EFI link seemed to have disappeared and I couldn't find a repository or code source for it... maybe y'all got lucky and others not. I find it hard to believe a universal tool to unlock the variety of UEFIs out there didn't brick or corrupt a few desktops or laptops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back