• redo EC-USBX
  • overhaul SSDT-PlugPlus
    • remove deep sleep
    • fix and complete disable dgpu
    • fix gprw
    • added uprw
    • add pts (prepare to sleep)
    • fix wak (wake)
  • remade cpufrienddataprovider - 7700HQ, make your own!
  • updated ACPI/patches to reflect all changes
I tested with a usb drive and and doesn't need to be replugged after sleep. I'm hoping that fixes everyones issue with that, maybe even the HDMI/external monitor waking.

If this doesn't fix the zoom, discord, teams issues... Then what are y'all doing in zoom or discord when it freezes. Like what action causes it to freeze. I can download and try to replicate some time this week.
Thank you @blazinsmokey for the update.
I did not noticed any issue with HDMI and USB, only face issue some time with my 2nd monitor connected via USB-C to hdmi adapter.
But there is one issue after this update, the builtin webcam stopped working, i rolled back to previous version and it works fine with 0.2 release.

Just want to give a short update. If you use another SMBIOS the USBPorts kext won't work.
Would be good to add that to the changelog. If you use 14,3 you can use JardenLiu's.

@Khaliq @LeLunZ
You have to edit the info.plist in the kext to your SMBIOS see below. If you rolled back to the SSDT, there's likely gonna be issues with possibly power and other stuff because that method was experimental and not ideal but if it works like how you want it to then I guess that's fine. I guess I will make a note of this in the guide.
Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 6.15.31 PM.png

Looks like we just need some testing on USB-C and TB3, I'm guessing it'll work just as it did before in Catalina.

@therealthingy glad it's fixed the communication apps

@LeLunZ Thanks for the suggestion i have grabbed the values for his repo.
@blazinsmokey after making the changes to kext webcam is working with the new release

@blazinsmokey probably a dump question but why are we having SMCLightSensor.kext in our kexts? Does the xps 9560 have a light sensor?

I have read that it shouldn't be used if there is no light sensor, because it can cause issues.

Another Question:
I am currently trying to figure out how to self implement the hackintosh.
I started with the OpenCore guide (Dortania).

When I had problems I looked at yours or JardenLiu's files. Which really help me.

One thing I noticed is: You have FakePCIID enabled and he doesn't. He also has other framebuffer-con1-pipe values than you. You use 0900 he has 1000.

At Whatevergreens guide I found that you should disable FakePCIID. They state that explicit.

So after I tried to figure out more about this, I followed more of Dortania's Guide.
Then at some point I got a running system (even with a few SSDT's). At this point nearly everything worked expect Trackpad (SSDT-I2C) and the HDMI Audio.

HDMI Audio is probably because I disabled FakePCIID. But how did it JardenLiu get it running? I also checked the OpenCore sanity checker. They say there are better ways to inject Fake Device ids. (SSDTs?) But they don't state how to do it?

The other thing is VoodooI2C. Is there a good guide how to do your own SSDT-I2C?

Thx for helping:)

Last edited:
I have an issue with my Dell 9560 with Blazing Monkey's BigSur Opencore install. I got laptop working but after going to screen saver mode (after 10 min), it displays the screensaver for ~two seconds then it reboots. What's causing the reboot?

Last edited:
@blazinsmokey probably a dump question but why are we having SMCLightSensor.kext in our kexts? Does the xps 9560 have a light sensor?

I have read that it shouldn't be used if there is no light sensor, because it can cause issues.

Another Question:
I am currently trying to figure out how to self implement the hackintosh.
I started with the OpenCore guide (Dortania).

When I had problems I looked at yours or JardenLiu's files. Which really help me.

One thing I noticed is: You have FakePCIID enabled and he doesn't. He also has other framebuffer-con1-pipe values than you. You use 0900 he has 1000.

At Whatevergreens guide I found that you should disable FakePCIID. They state that explicit.

So after I tried to figure out more about this, I followed more of Dortania's Guide.
Then at some point I got a running system (even with a few SSDT's). At this point nearly everything worked expect Trackpad (SSDT-I2C) and the HDMI Audio.

HDMI Audio is probably because I disabled FakePCIID. But how did it JardenLiu get it running? I also checked the OpenCore sanity checker. They say there are better ways to inject Fake Device ids. (SSDTs?) But they don't state how to do it?

The other thing is VoodooI2C. Is there a good guide how to do your own SSDT-I2C?

Thx for helping:)
We have been faking a light sensor for I dunno how long b/c it was used so we could save brightness through reboots. I just assumed the light sensor kext would do the same and at least through my testing it did the job. We could test it by removing it and see if brightness still saves. If not we could remove it and add the SSDT als0 from my catalina build.

My Framebuffer patches have been the same since mojave i believe so I dunno what to tell you. You can go through the dortania guide and figure your own if you think there is a problem. The FakePCIID was so that HDMI Audio would be enabled, if there is another way to enable I haven't explored it yet as it works fine and has been the case for since I believe High Sierra. We aren't faking any PCI IDs with it so the warning on not to do it doesn't really apply here.

i2c has a GitHub which points to their documentation and compatibility https://voodooi2c.github.io/#index

We have been faking a light sensor for I dunno how long b/c it was used so we could save brightness through reboots. I just assumed the light sensor kext would do the same and at least through my testing it did the job. We could test it by removing it and see if brightness still saves. If not we could remove it and add the SSDT als0 from my catalina build.

My Framebuffer patches have been the same since mojave i believe so I dunno what to tell you. You can go through the dortania guide and figure your own if you think there is a problem. The FakePCIID was so that HDMI Audio would be enabled, if there is another way to enable I haven't explored it yet as it works fine and has been the case for since I believe High Sierra. We aren't faking any PCI IDs with it so the warning on not to do it doesn't really apply here.

i2c has a GitHub which points to their documentation and compatibility https://voodooi2c.github.io/#index
Ahh okay. Isn't backlight/Brightness fixed through PLNF or Whatevergreen?

Because Brightness is saved through reboots even without SMCLightSensor.(Tested it just now, with multiple Brightness values)

EDIT:

I have looked into the Audio/Teams/Discord problem. It seems SMCDellSensor has caused some problems. In the release notes I found:

• Reduce audio lags in SMCDellSensors
  • Reduce audio lags in SMCDellSensors when USB audio device is used
So it could be that there are still problems with DellSensor.
I currently removed it and testing the next few days without it.

Another Problem which I have is still shutdown. Its taking minutes. Then it reboots with a weird apple screen. Then shutdown works again. Then its having the same problem again.
I have added the weird apple boot screen as picture.

Is this because of my different SMBIOS?

Attachments

• CCF8DBE7-65EB-4135-9855-71615D3A1777_1_105_c.jpeg
    CCF8DBE7-65EB-4135-9855-71615D3A1777_1_105_c.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
@LeLunZ
Yes brightness is fixed through those things you mentioned but at least at the time or whenever, they didn't save the brightness level through reboots. Made note on removing SMCLightSensor and testing for next release. Maybe whatevergreen implemented something for this over the years and I missed it.

I tested in dcord(I believe if we type out the actual comms app it'll need mod approval) apparently not still need approval for some reason.... for like 30 minutes maybe longer, audio/camera both on and shared full screen and no problems, the other user therealthingy here seemed to confirm everything was working with the latest release and mentioned these comms app issues before. You are using the latest release?

The SMBIOS thing could be an issue, I'm sure you read my reasons in the guide. Is there a specific reason you need to use 14,3? I find the only reason people want 14,3 is to pretend they have a better laptop lol. There is no logical reason to use 14,3 that I have come across. Note even for TB b/c we only have one port. I wonder if 14,3 macOS expecting the added security from the T2 chip is giving your system problems. Could be some added layer of security for use of camera/microphone? I don't know. I just looked at the notouchid kext and seems there are some reverts in commits and notice about not needing it in 11.1. This is exactly the reason I recommend using 14,1. Trying to patch out hardware requirements to fit a laptop profile doesn't really make sense when there's already a profile that doesn't have it.

My laptop shutsdown as normal maybe 5 seconds or so. Final thought the further you stray away from my setup like using a different SMBIOS the harder it is for me to help you or to figure out solutions for new problems. I'm glad you're doing your own investigating but I think you can understand where I'm coming from.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back