Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Big Sur OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
20201211_203542.jpg

it worked!! injust had wrong id for device-id but the thing made it work override-no-connect on 4k display. no other methods worked i been trying for 4 days. thanks so much!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your guide! without it it was impossible !
@theace9 Did you try the 4k config? Notice you don't actually have an XPS... I doubt your UEFI Mod switches would be the exact same, you need to be careful there. Our XPS already in BIOS has 64MB for video memory set(DVMT), so whatevergreen framebuffer patches align. I have no idea about your laptop if it's set at 32MB it won't work.

This is for my laptop 0x02 = 64MB, 0x01 would be 32. Again no idea about yours and my warning remains the same. You should really dump your own laptop bios to make sure you are not changing random things around.
Code:
DVMT Pre-Allocated 0x795 0x02

Thanks for your guide! without it it was impossible !
You're welcome, I see your panel is stuck at 48Hz as well, I'm going to come up with somethings you guys can try later. If I could get a IOReg dump from one of you or @Zacharybinx34 or anyone with a 4K screen using my 4k config that would be great.

Guys with 4K, I believe it is what it is. Updated guide, the link below will help you understand.
  • You will screens will unfortunately max out at 48Hz. It doesn't appear to be fixed unless OpenCore devs decide to implement it. Link here
The only thing I can think of is trying to make macOS see the screen as external... USB-C to HDMI 2.0 gives 4K 60 without issues. I wonder if there is a way to trick it? This is beyond my pay grade. Sorry.

Last edited:
Guys with 4K, I believe it is what it is. Updated guide, the link below will help you understand.
  • You will screens will unfortunately max out at 48Hz. It doesn't appear to be fixed unless OpenCore devs decide to implement it. Link here
The only thing I can think of is trying to make macOS see the screen as external... USB-C to HDMI 2.0 gives 4K 60 without issues. I wonder if there is a way to trick it? This is beyond my pay grade. Sorry.
:D i don't really care about the 48Hz atm, happy to have iGPU working, it was the most painful thing ever! and also the link you give doesn't work above

:D i don't really care about the 48Hz atm, happy to have iGPU working, it was the most painful thing ever! and also the link you give doesn't work above
Alright, fixed the link here it is if you're wondering. I wonder if you used like 1440p or something maybe 60hz would show up?

I noticed a strange issue. After sleep my monitor that's hooked up won't come back on unless I unplug the HDMI to and plug it back in. Any ideas?

Alright, fixed the link here it is if you're wondering. I wonder if you used like 1440p or something maybe 60hz would show up?

tried 1440p and its the same. is there a way to send fake monitor base resolution? currently it reads it as 3840x2160

the monitor resolution is fixed to 1080p some how and can't be changed, i tried easyres and it just turns blank, then i have to reboot.

Well at least we narrowed it down to iGPU/monitor related

I would still disable CSM, but leave my EFI release untouched
Try this, it's my config but it includes edid override
OMG Thanks @blazinsmokey your config also solved my issues!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back