Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Big Sur OpenCore

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
Asus Geforce GTC 660 Ti
^^ OK, after finding a real Mac to replace the EFI folder again, I was able to boot back into BigSur. The issue was I did not use your KEXT folder in version 0.4 but had replaced it with the KEXT folder from my previous working version. With this new version upon boot though, there is a kernel panic and then it boots into the desktop.

Attachments

• kernel-panic.jpg
    kernel-panic.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 15
Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
CPU
Xeon E5-2697v3
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I've been avoiding updating VoodooPS2Controller due to the default Command / Option swap. I see the SSDT to re-enable the swap in the docs, but I don't see this implemented in the sample config. How is everyone achieving this?

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 - YH90J
CPU
I7-7700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1050, HD 630
I've been avoiding updating VoodooPS2Controller due to the default Command / Option swap. I see the SSDT to re-enable the swap in the docs, but I don't see this implemented in the sample config. How is everyone achieving this?
you can just switch the keys in the system preferences
System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Modifier Keys

Is that what you mean, or am I missing something?

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VII Hero
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
HD 4600 + GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@andypandy98 should work for Catalina, I don't see why it wouldn't at best maybe the 4K patch needs to be reverted to use the old one where they patch via userspace. Is there a specific function of ASPM you are trying to achieve? From what I understand ASPM is power management for PCI devices. If the goal is to lower the power consumption even more I'm not sure that is possible. ~5.5 Watts at idle with 50% brightness is probably as low as we can go here. IIRC linux on this machine uses 6.5 Watts. I'm willing to explore this but need to know exactly what we are doing.

@joot if you're mix matching kexts, patches and configs it's going to cause a lot of problems. If you have moved to using only my files and settings maybe a nvram reset would help clear any remaining things...

@InsaneCultist I assume you're talking about https://github.com/acidanthera/VoodooPS2/blob/master/Docs/ACPI/SSDT-Swap-CommandOption.dsl I never actually heard of this. Actually a very interesting method to accomplish something built into the OS. Anyways as stated by LeLunZ that is how I swap the modifier keys as well.

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VII Hero
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
HD 4600 + GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was looking to purchase this laptop with a 1080p screen. Would you be able to check for me whether the text appears blurry when you enable Zoom in Accessibility?
Never used this feature but just tried and with smoothing disabled it doesn't look blurry at all.

Attached are two pics with my iPhone X, not the best pictures but I think it shows it good enough.
IMG_6735.JPGIMG_6736.JPG

Motherboard
Asus Prime X270-P
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1050
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Never used this feature but just tried and with smoothing disabled it doesn't look blurry at all.

Attached are two pics with my iPhone X, not the best pictures but I think it shows it good enough.

No 4K config.plist in the recent version?