Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey darkvoid,

Thanks a lot for the more detailed guide. I have done everything except DSDT patching. Unfortunately boot up halts at this point (link) for some reason.. Also the screen gets a bit brighter.. Any ideas? Maybe I'll try to start from scratch again.. :/

Try connecting an external display, it might show you what is happening.

From what you are describing its entering GUI mode, but its not driving the internal display.
This would possibly be because of the maximum pixel clock limit, did you apply the maximum pixel clock patch?

Do you think this would work with the i5 model as well?

Hi!
Would anyone be interested in enabling GT 750M in this laptop?
Please answer to this post!

Hi!
Would anyone be interested in enabling GT 750M in this laptop?
I found a way to make OSX recognize the card but not seeing any display! If anyone could help we could make it functional!

Please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Rules said:
Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter.

Thanks! I edited the post and deleted the mail address.
However I'd be thankful to anybody who would join me to make mobile kepler nvidia cards to work under osx.
I am so close to that target!
I got it working with VNC display. It just cannot recognize laptop ports but the drivers are enabled.
Thanks to anyone who would join me.
Regards!

Thanks! I edited the post and deleted the mail address.
However I'd be thankful to anybody who would join me to make mobile kepler nvidia cards to work under osx.
I am so close to that target!
I got it working with VNC display. It just cannot recognize laptop ports but the drivers are enabled.
Thanks to anyone who would join me.
Regards!

That is typical... Switched dual-GPU configurations (such as Optimus Nvidia/Intel, but also same thing Radeon/Intel) are not supported. Macs use a different (hardware) switching technology (GMUX device) and the driver interfaces are not documented.

That is typical... Switched dual-GPU configurations (such as Optimus Nvidia/Intel, but also same thing Radeon/Intel) are not supported. Macs use a different (hardware) switching technology (GMUX device) and the driver interfaces are not documented.

Yes...but I bypassed nvidia optimus engine via BIOS and I could totally disable intel gpu.
Hence my OSX recognize the card correctly (I can see it from system properties using VNC monitor)...so the drivers are actually working.
There is just something missing...some information about connectors that I couldn't inject!
If anybody more experienced could directly help me (even with some donations) I would appreciate it very much!!

Yes...but I bypassed nvidia optimus engine via BIOS and I could totally disable intel gpu.
Hence my OSX recognize the card correctly (I can see it from system properties using VNC monitor)...so the drivers are actually working.
There is just something missing...some information about connectors that I couldn't inject!
If anybody more experienced could directly help me (even with some donations) I would appreciate it very much!!

You might find some information in DSDT injections for nvidia via google. Something like HasPanel, BootDisplay, etc. Don't know the details, just remember seeing it in a few DSDTs where people have nvidia working on laptops. I don't have the hardware, so I don't keep track of it...

You might find some information in DSDT injections for nvidia via google. Something like HasPanel, BootDisplay, etc. Don't know the details, just remember seeing it in a few DSDTs where people have nvidia working on laptops. I don't have the hardware, so I don't keep track of it...

Thank you for the advice.
I will try to do something myself then.
I hope that someone will join me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back