Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
im gonna install MacOS El Capitan 10.11.6 but in the post installation, my laptop doesnt have internet how can i do these steps? can i copy over like hotpatch?

Next install the "Command-Line developer tools", these are required for code-signing.

In a terminal navigate to the unpacked XPS9530 git data and execute the following:

• ./XPS9530.sh --update
  • ./XPS9530.sh --decompile-dsdt
  • ./XPS9530.sh --patch-dsdt
  • ./XPS9530.sh --compile-dsdt
  • ./XPS9530.sh --patch-iokit
  • ./XPS9530.sh --patch-hda
  • open ./tools/Kext\ Utility.app

im gonna install MacOS El Capitan 10.11.6 but in the post installation, my laptop doesnt have internet how can i do these steps? can i copy over like hotpatch?
read the post I made a couple pages back. I broke down the exact steps to get everything working.
You need the usb ethernet adaptor that came with these laptops. Or I'm sure any other USB ethernet dongle would work.
You need internet during the post installation steps, as pointed out in my post a few pages back.
There is plenty or tips and help in this thread to get your laptop running perfectly.

Hope this helps

Turns out that I still have some issues with the Sierra install. Specifically two things:

1. The lowest display brightness is too bright, ie. it should be lower so that the battery lasts longer; pretty annoying issue. The absolute lowest is completely off, but the next step above is quite bright compared to both linux and windows. The slider in the display settings is also not going low enough.

2. After sleep the microphone starts acting up. It will work for about a minute, and then it will start to repeat the last second that was said. My solution has been to use a USB microphone. Note: I use codecommander in addition to the darkvoid script as I had issues with the sound not working at all after sleep.

Has anyone had similar issues and managed to fix them?

Turns out that I still have some issues with the Sierra install. Specifically two things:

1. The lowest display brightness is too bright, ie. it should be lower so that the battery lasts longer; pretty annoying issue. The absolute lowest is completely off, but the next step above is quite bright compared to both linux and windows. The slider in the display settings is also not going low enough.

2. After sleep the microphone starts acting up. It will work for about a minute, and then it will start to repeat the last second that was said. My solution has been to use a USB microphone. Note: I use codecommander in addition to the darkvoid script as I had issues with the sound not working at all after sleep.

Has anyone had similar issues and managed to fix them?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hello I'm thinking of upgrading to this Laptop. Does this have the coil whine high pitched noise issue? That would be the only dealbreaker...

hi guys, which AMI flash utility did you use? the link posted is no longer available. if i go to AMI's website, i see AMI Firmware Update (AFU), but has 3 versions, Aptio V, Aptio 4, and AMIBIOS 8. which one should i use?

another thing, for UEFITool, there's UEFIDump, UEFIPatch, UEFIExtract and UEFITool. do i only use UEFITool?

thanks

Here is the compiled steps that I used that worked well for me. Hopefully this will get people over the hump as it did me.

# obviously the first step is to unlock your bios using the method in the darkvoid thread
# you should have advanced menu now. Next set the proper settings in the Bios according to the darkvoid thread.
# **** Except I used the 160 DVMT Pre-Allocated ****
git clone https://github.com/the-darkvoid/XPS9530-OSX.git
# The thread I used to create the install media
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
# I added the HFSPlus.efi to drivers64UEFI
# And added both FakeSMC.kext & VoodooPS2Controller.kext to the other directory on the clover usb drive.
# I then migrated the contents of the clover folder of the darkvoid repo to the clover directory of the usb installation media.
# Install mac OSX to your desired partition
# download the "Command-line Developer Tools"
# upon first boot at clover prompt, hit F4 to dump ACPI tables
# At this point you need the repo you git cloned in your ~ folder
# Install the "Command-line Developer Tools"
# Next copy the dumped tables
diskutil mount /dev/disk0s1 # Your disk0s1 will/could be different, adjust as needed
cp /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin/*.aml ~/XPS9530-OSX/DSDT/raw/
# Make sure you connect your internet usb dongle and have internet access to continue. Don't skip the --update
cd XPS9530-OSX/
./XPS9530.sh --update
./XPS9530.sh --decompile-dsdt
./XPS9530.sh --patch-dsdt
./XPS9530.sh --compile-dsdt
./XPS9530.sh --patch-hda
run kextutility
# Next we install clover to the OSX drive we installed OSX on with the following options:
Install for UEFI booting only
Install Clover in the ESP
Drivers64UEFI
OsxAptioFix2Drv-64
Install RC scripts on target volume
# I then copy the the contents of the clover dir from the xps9530 repo to the clover dir on the /Volumes/EFI of the OSX drive
cp ~/XPS9530-OSX/DSDT/compiled/*.aml /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
# remove caches just in case
sudo rm -R /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/*
sudo shutdown -r now

# To get bluetooth working I added BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareData.kext to /System/Library/Extensions/ and rerun kextutility

# Other Tip is if the md5sum don't match when trying to apply the pixelclock patch just use the perl script manually to patch the pixelclock. I think they match for the darkvoid repo, but not with the austin or the syscl repo
# You could also boot without caches (-f) first, and rebuild cache with
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u

hi @brianbass , when you unlocked the bios, did you check your MD5 against the dark void's MD5? i have bios version A09 and my MD5 of setup.bin is not the same. wondering if i should just go ahead and change what needs to be changed.

took the plunge and just modded the bios, i've got the hidden menus now. flashed modded bios, even if my bios' unmodded MD5 does not match dark void's. i'm on biois version A09

Did someone managed to unlock the BIOS A10 or A11? If so, what are the steps to follow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back