Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have the recovery partition. I made and tried many different methods for creating the usb install media. I used both of these methods in this thread, https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
I think as long as you replace the config.plist in the USB's CLOVER directory with the one located in the repository's INSTALLATION directory you should be ok either way. But I did check and I do have a recovery partition, and still think I used the base binary method usb.

But I could be wrong, because I did go through a lot of trial and error before I got everything working. I was also testing 3 different guides, this one, the austin, and the syscl.

thank you sir, once i get my m3800, i'll try it. might message you if i run into a problem :) thanks again

Hello everyone,
So far i've installed and followed all the steps of this guide. However, like stannerz, i got stuck at the occasionally blinking cursor at the upper left corner. Any ideas?
IMG_20170919_111802839.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170919_111802839.jpg
    IMG_20170919_111802839.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 132
Hello everyone,
So far i've installed and followed all the steps of this guide. However, like stannerz, i got stuck at the occasionally blinking cursor at the upper left corner. Any ideas?
View attachment 279418
Does your screen flicker on when you hit screen brightness up? or Function + Screen brightness button.
If so, you need to navigate bit by bit to the display settings and change the resolution. Or you can use and external monitor to get to the settings, and change the resolution. Hopefully this will work.

Does your screen flicker on when you hit screen brightness up? or Function + Screen brightness button.
If so, you need to navigate bit by bit to the display settings and change the resolution. Or you can use and external monitor to get to the settings, and change the resolution. Hopefully this will work.
Sorry, neither does the screen flicker nor my external display works, it remains in sleeping state. I've tried reinstalling many times but this still happened. I did however heard the speaker playing some random music at full volume when i bootup once on my older installation before i formated and reinstalled.

Sorry, neither does the screen flicker nor my external display works, it remains in sleeping state. I've tried reinstalling many times but this still happened. I did however heard the speaker playing some random music at full volume when i bootup once on my older installation before i formated and reinstalled.
Sorry I never had that exact problem, but from reading stannerz post, it looked like he got it working w/ rehabman's advice.
Did you set the DVMT-prealloc in the bios to 160? The thread still says it's set at 128, but it is not. It needs to be 160 to use the darkVoid repo. Maybe message Stannerz and ask him how he got passed it.
Sorry I couldn't help

If your not installing Sierra, you could try booting w/o caches, which is done through the clover boot menu by pressing the space bar. But in Sierra it's not possible to boot w/o caches

If your not installing Sierra, you could try booting w/o caches, which is done through the clover boot menu by pressing the space bar. But in Sierra it's not possible to boot w/o caches

Specify "-f" kernel flag, or use my version of Clover which still has "Without caches" in the menu.

Sorry I never had that exact problem, but from reading stannerz post, it looked like he got it working w/ rehabman's advice.
Did you set the DVMT-prealloc in the bios to 160? The thread still says it's set at 128, but it is not. It needs to be 160 to use the darkVoid repo. Maybe message Stannerz and ask him how he got passed it.
Sorry I couldn't help
That could be the problem. I set it to 128 when i ran the repo. And then setting it to 160 caused kernel panic.
Unfortunately im installing Sierra so no -f like i used to.

Specify "-f" kernel flag, or use my version of Clover which still has "Without caches" in the menu.
I guess i have to reinstall it again and then use your clover cause right now i don't have a mac.

That could be the problem. I set it to 128 when i ran the repo. And then setting it to 160 caused kernel panic.

Keep in mind any change to a BIOS option (or BIOS upgrade, or hardware change) requires re-extract/re-patch ACPI.

Unfortunately im installing Sierra so no -f like i used to.

-f still serves a purpose on Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back