Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Does not work and keeps restarting
View attachment 125341

0x0a2e0008 does let me get in desktop but with glitchy menu bar

Use 0xa260006 (with config.plist patches).

It seems that your config.plist patches are not being applied. When booting from cache, KextsToPatch can only work on kexts in the cache. Since during the installation process, you're booting without Intel injection, the kexts are not loaded and thus not placed in the cache.

To fix, boot without caches, then rebuild cache. By booting without caches, you give Clover a chance to patch the kexts.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Use 0xa260006 (with config.plist patches).

It seems that your config.plist patches are not being applied. When booting from cache, KextsToPatch can only work on kexts in the cache. Since during the installation process, you're booting without Intel injection, the kexts are not loaded and thus not placed in the cache.

To fix, boot without caches, then rebuild cache. By booting without caches, you give Clover a chance to patch the kexts.

I tried to login without caches in clover menu with usb then rebuilded caches with kext utility, It still not letting me in.

image.jpgimage.jpg

The config.plist is the same from the guide.

UPDATE:

I login with ig-platform-id 0x0a2e0008. rebuilt caches updated the ig-platform-id back to 0x0a260006.
It booted up fine>

I very BIG THANK YOU to The DarkVoid and RehabMan for the help you both have given me in making this 9530 into Hackintosh!

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Congratulations Spud!

I admire your persistence, nothing seemed to work in your case.
Enjoy your new hackintosh.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

I tried to login without caches in clover menu with usb then rebuilded caches with kext utility, It still not letting me in.
The config.plist is the same from the guide.

UPDATE:

I login with ig-platform-id 0x0a2e0008. rebuilt caches updated the ig-platform-id back to 0x0a260006.
It booted up fine>

I very BIG THANK YOU to The DarkVoid and RehabMan for the help you both have given me in making this 9530 into Hackintosh!

I had to do the same in my case
I mentioned about that here http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/144351-guide-dell-xps-9530-a-50.html#post977632

Btw. I have sometimes an issue that it tooks very long to shut down system or reboot. There is a black screen, keybord is backlighed and after about 30 sec it shutdown or reboot. Sometimes is very quick (few second)
Do you have the same?

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Congratulations Spud!

I admire your persistence, nothing seemed to work in your case.
Enjoy your new hackintosh.

Thanks again for your help and your persistence with me. Soon as I formatted the HD everything fell into place.

I have a few more questions.. sorry :)

1 How are you getting iMessage?

2 Bluetooth can't find any devices and vice versa (Broadcom BCM94352Z)

View attachment IOReg.ioreg

Also i use Clover Configurator to generate SMBOIS, when its generated i lose Sorted Order in the config.plist

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Btw. I have sometimes an issue that it tooks very long to shut down system or reboot. There is a black screen, keybord is backlighed and after about 30 sec it shutdown or reboot. Sometimes is very quick (few second)
Do you have the same?

It taking about 20/30 sec to shutdown/sleep but am happy with this as last week it wouldn't even do that!

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

It taking about 20/30 sec to shutdown/sleep but am happy with this as last week it wouldn't even do that!

Darkvoid I was able to get mine working finally I had to redo the F4 at clover and then repatch the DSDT and everything sound and brghtness control as well. You dont know how much I appreciate this :headbang:

@spud, wojtoo I have the same thing happens to me as well but no issues with wake though.

Next step for me Dual or Triple boot Win8 and or linux.

Thanks again so much guys

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Darkvoid I was able to get mine working finally I had to redo the F4 at clover and then repatch the DSDT and everything sound and brghtness control as well. You dont know how much I appreciate this :headbang:

@spud, wojtoo I have the same thing happens to me as well but no issues with wake though.

Next step for me Dual or Triple boot Win8 and or linux.

Thanks again so much guys

Have you got handoff working? i can't get my iPhone connected to bluetooth. On the iPhone i get a message saying:

"Connection Unsuccessful MacBook Pro is not supported"

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Unlocking the BIOS

1. Download the AMI Flash Utility
  2. Open a command prompt with administrative rights and execute: afuwinx64 bios_patched.bin /GAN

Note /GAN is an undocumented switch allowing to flash unsigned firmwares

Hi can someone please upload and share the AMI Flash tool with me, I have been trying to download this tool from the link above for a few days and it hasnt worked until today. However the version I now have (AMI Fireware Update Utility v3.07.00) no longer supports /GAN option.

Thanks
Bun

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Spud - The AMI link was my issue as well. Here's the correct link (they moved the files):
http://www.ami.com/download-license...IOS_and_Aptio_AMI_Firmware_Update_Utility.zip

You want to download the firmware utility and then the .exe you are looking for is in the AFUIWINGUI.EXE found in the Aptio folder after you extract everything. Its buried several levels under Aptio so you need to keep going down to get to the 32-bit or 64-bit file.

try this

If i remember correct before executing : afuwinx64 bios_patched.bin /GAN. You have to be in that directory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back