Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

You will want to also make sure you repatch DSDT without the PNOT/PPNT patch. The reason that patch is necessary is because of the removal of the OEM CPU SSDTs....

Thank you for the heads-up. I will remove the patch this evening and see how it goes.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Ok I admit I'm stuck I cant seem to figure this part out sorry when trying to decompile the dsdt.
HTML:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/144351-guide-dell-xps-9530-a-25.html#post950136
). I know I must be missing something.

So far tried to run the script without moving any of the files, I have copied the raw folder to where the git repo put the files, I have left them in the main folder and left them in the Documents folder and nothing worked. I was having the same problem arnoparigo was having even trying what Rehabman suggested (above). Any insight would be great.

Thanks and sorry for Im sure is the noob question.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Zero_Shadow,

After you update to the latest git copy verify that the following folders exist (and are empty):
  • DSDT/raw
  • DSDT/decompiled
  • DSDT/compiled
  • logs

If any of them are missing let me know and create them manually for now.

After you boot with Clover (having pressed F4 in the Clover menu, note that Clover will not give any feedback that anything has happened), mount your EFI folder and navigate to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin.

You will find a number of files there (*.aml), copy these to DSDT/raw.

Without the raw DSDT files, the script will not be able to do anything.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Thanks for replying back darkvoid

I verified that the folders you mentioned exist in addition to the moving the files you mention from ACPI origin to the raw folder found in the git folders. However I am still unsuccessful I included a screenshot so you see that I have the files in the correct folder even though in terminal it says that it doesnt exist. After each attempt I deleted the log file that was created.

Screen Shot 2014-12-30 at 12.36.13 AM.png

Thanks again for the help I really appreciate it.

Zero_Shadow,

After you update to the latest git copy verify that the following folders exist (and are empty):
  • DSDT/raw
  • DSDT/decompiled
  • DSDT/compiled
  • logs

If any of them are missing let me know and create them manually for now.

After you boot with Clover (having pressed F4 in the Clover menu, note that Clover will not give any feedback that anything has happened), mount your EFI folder and navigate to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin.

You will find a number of files there (*.aml), copy these to DSDT/raw.

Without the raw DSDT files, the script will not be able to do anything.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Thanks for replying back darkvoid

I verified that the folders you mentioned exist in addition to the moving the files you mention from ACPI origin to the raw folder found in the git folders. However I am still unsuccessful I included a screenshot so you see that I have the files in the correct folder even though in terminal it says that it doesnt exist. After each attempt I deleted the log file that was created.

View attachment 119840

Thanks again for the help I really appreciate it.

The native files are in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin, not /EFI/Clover/acpt/origin.

When you get errors from 'cp' it is a sign you're doing something wrong.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Sorry that was a typo and realized and moved the files manually sorry for the confusion. If that is the part that is causing all the trouble I will gladly redo it and try again. The part I was getting stuck at was it saying that the files were missing when running the decompile script. Thanks for the help Rehabman.

The native files are in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin, not /EFI/Clover/acpt/origin.

When you get errors from 'cp' it is a sign you're doing something wrong.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Sorry that was a typo and realized and moved the files manually sorry for the confusion. If that is the part that is causing all the trouble I will gladly redo it and try again. The part I was getting stuck at was it saying that the files were missing when running the decompile script. Thanks for the help Rehabman.

You should probably look at the decompile log.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Yeah I looked in the log file and here is what I discovered

View attachment 119855

Im going to do some more reading about DSDT patching with this and see if it leads me anywhere thanks for the help so far.

You have a duplicate definition of 'SLT1'

Use 'iasl -d -dl *.aml' to disassemble your files. Look for 'SLT1' in the resulting *.dsl (eg. 'grep -l SLT1 *.dsl').

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply to an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Here is my IOReg. I will try to check my log files immediately after a random restart. Thank you for your help, and happy new year :)

Edit: Left it alone for a bit.. Came back to the screen in the attached picture. Attached system.log as well. From the apple report:
Code:
Date/Time:       2015-01-01 17:04:13 -0800
OS Version:      10.10.1 (Build 14B25)
Architecture:    x86_64h
Report Version:  21

Event:           Sleep Wake Failure
Steps:           1

Hardware model:  MacBookPro11,2
Active cpus:     8

================================================================
Code: 0x2014006900                                                                                
Model: MacBookPro11,2, BootROM MBP112.0138.B02, 4 processors, Intel Core i7, 2.19 GHz, 16 GB, SMC 2.13f9
Graphics: Intel HD 4600, Intel HD 4600, Built-In
Memory Module: BANK0/DIMM0, 8 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, Kingston, KN2M64-HYAFD
Memory Module: BANK1/DIMM0, 8 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, Micron Technology, 16KTF1G64HZ-1G6E1E1
Network Service: NETGEAR WNA3100M, Ethernet, en1
Serial ATA Device: SAMSUNG SSD SM841 mSATA 512GB, 512.11 GB
USB Device: ONEv2
USB Device: NETGEAR WNA3100M
USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller
USB Device: Integrated_Webcam_HD
USB Device: Synaptics Large Touch Screen
Thunderbolt Bus:

Attachments

• Shane’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    2.5 MB · Views: 93
  • 20150101_184232.jpg