Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all. Thanks to your document.

I used also xps 9530 4k model.

I almost succeed because of your document.

but I don't know how to install custom resolution in switchresx.

I reached "not installed" status.

Please tell me to install custom resolution.

I attached my custom resolution screen.

Hi, I only did put together the replies I found about various issues I encountered, so really the credit goes to to all the people who came up with /kext/patches/programming/etc...

Indeed you need to reboot to be able to use custom resolutions with SwicthResX.

Yes. I rebooted repeatedly.

But switchresx stays "Not Installed" :(

Yes. I rebooted repeatedly.But switchresx stays "Not Installed" :(

This part worked flawlessly for me, so much so that I am not sure I remember all details :problem: .. After reboot, should you not right click on your "not installed" resolutions to enable them? I am sorry I cannot help you more, indeed as I went further on I did not write down all the little bits which worked at first try.

There is a small FAQ @ SRX website: http://www.madrau.com/support/support/faq.html

Edit: did you alt-S your settings? All modifications within SRX need to be saved with cmd-S/alt-S, unlike "usual" settings pref panes.
→ you can try to remove your custom resolutions, recreate them, save (you can see the small black dot within the upper left red one of the window indicating you have unsaved changes) and reboot. See what comes up.

Edit 2: check this post where an alternate solution is provided. It also states that SRX can be buggy. http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/133254-adding-using-hidpi-custom-resolutions.html

Edit 3: check that the SRX daemon is running? → SwitchResX/About SwitchResX. But I think this is only needed for keeping resolution states (such as those you did setup as inactive) across reboots.

Congratulations!

Do you test your lid wake after sleep (using 0x0a2e0008)? (0x0a260006 will be better)

And do your headphone work properly after reboot?

Hi,

So, I confirm the lid wake works as expected, so even after the computer goes to sleep (disconnects wifi, etc...).

I noticed an issue with power management, as if i turn on (translation from french): "Turn off HDD as soon as possible", this will actually happen even if the computer is busy with and external HDD (CCC backup running in my case which resulted in a error as the external disk was disconnected). I had to switch the option off both when running battery and sector.

Also it would seem that not activating power nap when running on battery will result in wifi being disconnected regardless of the connection being used (noticed this with Transmission). Not sure about this one though, it might be that Transmission was not uploading anything at the time, I need to check further.

Headset after reboot: did not find anything about this, but I find it a minor annoyance.

Hi,

So, I confirm the lid wake works as expected, so even after the computer goes to sleep (disconnects wifi, etc...).

I noticed an issue with power management, as if i turn on (translation from french): "Turn off HDD as soon as possible", this will actually happen even if the computer is busy with and external HDD (CCC backup running in my case which resulted in a error as the external disk was disconnected). I had to switch the option off both when running battery and sector.

Also it would seem that not activating power nap when running on battery will result in wifi being disconnected regardless of the connection being used (noticed this with Transmission). Not sure about this one though, it might be that Transmission was not uploading anything at the time, I need to check further.

Headset after reboot: did not find anything about this, but I find it a minor annoyance.

lid wake is not a problem for me now (cos I use 0x0a260006). But I will try your patch with 0x0a2e0008 later (because high DVMT maybe better for system)

the only solution to hp now is to sleep fully and wake it again.

Also, when laptop sleep for 10min or more, it will turn off (I don't know whether it is a problem or not)

This guide and patch set has helped me to get my Dell M4800 to run OS X on yosemite 10.10.5 with Clover. 2 things wake - from sleep and external ports (DP or HDMI). so i pretty much used all the patches on your XPS..sh script to modify my DSDT.

i tried a bunch of Azul buffer edits but it acts like these external ports are somehow still associated with the AMD cards?

It will go to sleep but upon wake, the USB is out. should i remove _PRW or XSEL methods? .

looking for any guidance this topic(s)

USB after sleep - ports are dead. i get the message below - so i expect a DSDT method is doing something (or not during) wake.

Sep 19 14:34:32 Toms-Dell kernel[0]: USBF: 347.552 XHCI: All ports have WRC bit set - reseting all of USB
Sep 19 14:34:32 Toms-Dell kernel[0]: USBF: 347.776 AppleUSBXHCI::UIMRootHubStatusChange - HSE bit set:ffffffff (1)

This guide and patch set has helped me to get my Dell M4800 to run OS X on yosemite 10.10.5 with Clover. 2 things wake - from sleep and external ports (DP or HDMI). so i pretty much used all the patches on your XPS..sh script to modify my DSDT.

i tried a bunch of Azul buffer edits but it acts like these external ports are somehow still associated with the AMD cards?

It will go to sleep but upon wake, the USB is out. should i remove _PRW or XSEL methods? .

looking for any guidance this topic(s)

USB after sleep - ports are dead. i get the message below - so i expect a DSDT method is doing something (or not during) wake.

Sep 19 14:34:32 Toms-Dell kernel[0]: USBF: 347.552 XHCI: All ports have WRC bit set - reseting all of USB
Sep 19 14:34:32 Toms-Dell kernel[0]: USBF: 347.776 AppleUSBXHCI::UIMRootHubStatusChange - HSE bit set:ffffffff (1)

Are you using FakePCIID_XHCIMux? Which "OS Check Fix" patch (Windows version emulation for Darwin) are you using?

Please do not post duplicates. It is not allowed per rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Are you using FakePCIID_XHCIMux? Which "OS Check Fix" patch (Windows version emulation for Darwin) are you using?

Darwin = 2012 Windows

no i am not using PCIID USB Mux ... i guess i will try that. i found a Clover patch to binary mod for Series 8 USB wake issue. port is still dead but now i see this message: (no more WRC bit message?)

Sep 19 20:36:30 Toms-Dell kernel[0]: The USB device HubDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1d000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)

Sep 19 20:36:30 Toms-Dell kernel[0]: USBF: 115.319 AppleUSBXHCI::UIMRootHubStatusChange - HSE bit set:ffffffff (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back