Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a Broadcom WiFi kext is crashing.

Thanks, any heads up on how to fix this? the broadcom wifi card is a BCM94352Z

Thanks

Tried a fresh install yet?

twice.. will try again today.. the laptop boots using USB clover and the wifi is functional while I carryout the last steps of the guide.. but once I have reboot after compile, it just doesnt boot past the screen shot I have posted.

thanks
Bun

twice.. will try again today.. the laptop boots using USB clover and the wifi is functional while I carryout the last steps of the guide.. but once I have reboot after compile, it just doesnt boot past the screen shot I have posted.

thanks
Bun

No idea what you mean "after compile"...

Try to complete the various steps of the post-install process one at a time (as much as is possible, certain steps may need to be completed together) so you know which change is causing the issue.

Hi guys..

Wondering if someone can help me out debug this..

I got Dell M3800 (the newer one with 4k display) working finally after a few days of messing around.

Everything really works based on Dark Void's directions and I've had some help from AustinSMU over at the other forum and on IM...

The issue I have is with the higher resolutions.. For some reason when I use it at 1920x1080 hiDpi or use standard 3840x2160 .. my display goes blanks when I boot in. On login screen it's fine.. but as soon as it switches to desktop it goes blank.

Now the strange part is that when I hit Brightness control up/down or I hit Spaces .. the screens becomes visible for a second or two (it stays on during Spaces all the time) and then it goes blank again.

When I use it in standard 1920x1080 resolution (not hiDpi) or 1680x945 it works great.. hardware acceleration is on beautifully and everything (hardware acceleration is on on higher dpi as well but the screen is going blank on and off like I mentioned above).

Any ideas?

Here's the ioreg file if it means something:

Attachments

• Boz’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    3.2 MB · Views: 83
There has to be an additional limit somewhere which I have not unlocked in iokit.

Since I do not have a device to test this on (my laptop only goes to 3200x1600) I have no direct ideas at the moment.
When I get some time I will research this and see where the limitation might be coming from.

There has to be an additional limit somewhere which I have not unlocked in iokit.

Since I do not have a device to test this on (my laptop only goes to 3200x1600) I have no direct ideas at the moment.
When I get some time I will research this and see where the limitation might be coming from.

Let me know if you need any dumps from me if that's worth something.

Just FYI.. I resolved the issue.. I can run UHD resolution at 57-58hz which is fine enough. It probably needs more fine tuning but I'm happy as it is.

I did some answers below with my settings through ScreenResX but hopefully this can shed some light ..

http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-co...ecision-m3800-2015-edition-2.html#post1013560
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-m3800-playing-peekaboo-me-4.html#post1013630

My only thing that really doesn't work at this point is the touch screen.. I'm using UPPD but the touch screen is still non-operational. :(

Quick pointer for people who may have or are also experiencing some of the issues I have had.

thanks to AustinSMU, He figured at the root of all my problems had been CoreStorage Logical Volume.

All you need to do is revert the CS LV after installing a refresh yosemite, then follow this guide or a specific M3800 guide like AustinSMU guide on github.
https://github.com/AustinSMU/PRECISION-M3800-OSX

Bun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back