Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Opening the lid does not wake the laptop when sleeping.

However I did find that opening the lid fires an EC query in ACPI.
So DSDT patching can maybe be used to wake the laptop on screen lid opening (and sleeping on closing).

I will have to check (and ask Rehabman) if this is feasible.
First I will check if the EC query still fires when the laptop is sleeping and opening the lid, otherwise it is obviously not possible.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Opening the lid does not wake the laptop when sleeping.

However I did find that opening the lid fires an EC query in ACPI.
So DSDT patching can maybe be used to wake the laptop on screen lid opening (and sleeping on closing).

I will have to check (and ask Rehabman) if this is feasible.
First I will check if the EC query still fires when the laptop is sleeping and opening the lid, otherwise it is obviously not possible.

To wake, it needs to be attached to a GPE event.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

yes i've put ACPIDEBUG and LID0 debug, and I see that LID changes from 0x0 (close) to 0x1 (open)
i think it's possible to put in sleep, there is a section for LID0 but i don't know who notify to put the laptop in sleep

there is also command for power boot, that works only for wake and not for sleep

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

remove _PWR method from LID0 make laptop to sleep when closing lid, but on open doesn't wake from sleep

someone suggest to add PNLF device, but i should already have in SSDT files, do I need to add also to DSDT?

thanks

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

remove _PWR method from LID0 make laptop to sleep when closing lid, but on open doesn't wake from sleep

As should be expected.

someone suggest to add PNLF device, but i should already have in SSDT files, do I need to add also to DSDT?

No.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

yes.. i revert back to DSDT without PNLF

you think it's possible to hookup the LID event 0x1 to the same event of the power button that call the SWAK function?

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

yes.. i revert back to DSDT without PNLF

you think it's possible to hookup the LID event 0x1 to the same event of the power button that call the SWAK function?

I don't know what/why you'd call SWAK....

A GPE event once triggered during sleep will wake the computer and then the normal ACPI wake process will begin.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

i'm not pratical of ACPI, but i mean to attach to the LID change the same event of the power button :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back