Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9530 Clover UEFI / Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
This config attached here works for booting to the installer. Installation also completes successfully. Once the installation is complete, booting to the new macOS volume causes a reboot loop. Will try to get some screen shots with verbose mode. Maybe rehabman can help.

Also attached the screenshot of the video of when it reboots. It is right after IOConsoleUsers gioscreenlockstate

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0025.PNG
    IMG_0025.PNG
    3.3 MB · Views: 194
Last edited:
I tried to use your clover.zip on my 10.13.6 installation build with Unibeast but hang on same place.

Also you have forgotten to add cpupm-4712hq file in /ACPI/patched/

I'll try to make installation flash drive with Rehabman guide next time.

I am having the same issue and no resolution yet. I am able to install with a modified config.plist. But unable to boot the installed copy for the initial boot with the same exact config. For some reason it goes to a reboot loop. The issue is with the Intel HD 4600 Graphics not being set properly. I had to take the latest Lilu.kext and the whatevergreen.kext

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

This config attached here works for booting to the installer. Installation also completes successfully. Once the installation is complete, booting to the new macOS volume causes a reboot loop. Will try to get some screen shots with verbose mode. Maybe rehabman can help.

Also attached the screenshot of the video of when it reboots. It is right after IOConsoleUsers gioscreenlockstate

Make sure you're using the recommended config.plist (as per guide, post #1).
And that DVMT-prealloc is set as required.

has anyone tried patching the A11 bios? dell already has an updated bios version. does bios a11 work?

I was successful in patching the bios (A11) using the method mentioned, still in the process of getting my build working however. Currently stuck at he Apple screen to install High Sierra 10.13.2.

Have followed both hackerwannabe (#91) and mopi's (#43) posts but no success yet. Stuck at the same exact point as ravic (post #101) but mine is during the installation I havent even gotten to the install screen yet. Maybe im missing something.

Last edited:
Small Update: using ravic clover I was able to install High Sierra but ran into the issue you mentioned ravic also, I noticed that the aps.efi was failing in verbose so I used a update version and on a hunch after the installation was completed used safeboot and was able to get into High Sierra. While this is no means a complete victory I am just documenting while I continue to test.

So I was able to figure something out. Im still using ravic config.plist as I havent had any success with dark-voids at the moment. Im going to compare the two and see what the difference is.

So added the whatevergreen.kext, updated lilu to 1.35 and I was able to get past the IOConsoleUsers gioscreenlockstate error, and booted directly in High Sierra. It does have a slight graphical glitch as the lockscreen comes up but I'll look into that later, but hopefully that helps those who are stuck with this as well.

Hi, that is my first try for XPS 9530, I am trying to unlock the bios, went to many resources and I always end with wrong size file:
"Right click on the "Compressed Section" just below the "DXE Dependency Section", and select "Extract body as", save this as "setup.bin" (474,524 bytes in size)" only I received 105Kb file and no existence for 01 01 00 01 01 01 01 00 00 00 on setup.bin, I have used the dumped bios. what I am doing wrong here, my bios version is A09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back