Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9530 Clover UEFI / Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is what worked for me. i have a dell m3800 with A09 bios, screen resolution is 3200x1800, i installed osx 10.13.3. making this post for future reference for myself, in case i have to reinstall, and for people who's also having problems getting in to the installation page. this is for 10.13.3, not sure if things will change for later versions

- My bios is patched, and all settings mentioned in the #1 post are set, BUT secureboot has to be disabled and load legacy option rom has to be enabled
- I followed the instructions from Rehabman's Clover UEFI installation guide, BUT has some additional instructions:
- I formated my USB disk in GPT mode
- I downloaded and installed Clover (the Rehabman's version), but instead of choosing OsxAptioFixDrv-64, choose OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.
- Downloaded repository zip from https://github.com/the-darkvoid/XPS9530-OSX/tree/10.13
- I added "HFSPlus.efi" to the /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI folder
- Copied the contents of /CLOVER/ACPI/patched from repository zip to usb installer's EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
- Copied the contents of /CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder of repository zip to usb installer's /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64uefi
-Copied the contents of /CLOVER/kexts folder of repository zip to usb installer's /EFI/CLOVER/kexts
-Copied the contents of /kexts-extra folder of repository zip to usb installers's /EFI/CLOVER/kexts, both other and 10.13
- search and download lilu.kext version version 1.2.2 and overwrite the one's in usb installers's EFI/CLOVER/KEXT/other and 10.13
- I used the config_installer.plist from dardvoid's repo and renamed to config.plist
- DVMT-Prealocate should be set at 160mb

Last edited:
How did you guys fix the black screen after sleep issue?

can you send me your clover folder, I'm unable to boot macOS installation. I received message:
"unsupported CPU for reporter" with 10.13.4
and just "unsupported CPU" with 10.13.6
Or if anyone else can help me with well prepared Clover folder.
I have only linux so can't use Rehabman guide to install and prepare clover, but just copy files in CLOVER folder as you explain using the image's CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi and etc. stuff

Last edited:
can you send me you clover folder, I'm unable to boot macOS installation. I received message:
unsupported CPU for reporter with 10.13.4 and just unsupported CPU with 10.13.6
I have only linux so can't use Rehabman guide to install and prepare clover, but just copy files in CLOVER folder as you explain using the image's CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi and etc.
you need a mac or a working hack to create the usb installer

so no matter if I manage to boot clover and boot installer in verbose mode I need something else to do instead prepare /EFI/CLOVER/ folder

what I have in Clover folder
IMG_20180822_172302.jpg

IMG_20180822_171619.jpg

this is from 10.13.6 boot. stuck here :(

Last edited:
can you send me your clover folder, I'm unable to boot macOS installation. I received message:
"unsupported CPU for reporter" with 10.13.4
and just "unsupported CPU" with 10.13.6
I have only linux so can't use Rehabman guide to install and prepare clover, but just copy files in CLOVER folder as you explain using the image's CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi and etc. stuff

See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I'll try again but since now I tried over 20 boots with each os 13.4 and 13.6 with same success. I use all files from repo branch 10.13 and also made steps from hackerwannabe, but nothing. Could you point me what to focus on?

should I have to use macOS or on this stage I have to manage files inside CLOVER folder?

Many thanks.

I'll try again but since now I tried over 20 boots with each os 13.4 and 13.6 with same success. I use all files from repo branch 10.13 and also made steps from hackerwannabe, but nothing. Could you point me what to focus on?

should I have to use macOS or on this stage I have to manage files inside CLOVER folder?

Many thanks.

What do you mean by "same success"?

If there is a problem...????

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

What do you mean by "same success"?

If there is a problem...????

I mean booting reach the point where says unsupported CPU and hang, I added screenshot of this on post #95.

Probably I made something wrong, so that's why I asked someone to send me their clover folder, which successfully boot the MacOS installation.

I am having the same issue and no resolution yet. I am able to install with a modified config.plist. But unable to boot the installed copy for the initial boot with the same exact config. For some reason it goes to a reboot loop. The issue is with the Intel HD 4600 Graphics not being set properly. I had to take the latest Lilu.kext and the whatevergreen.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back