Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9530 Clover UEFI / Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know DVMT-prealloc is 128mb?
Your config.plist has no patch for DVMT-prealloc 128mb or 160mb...
This guide uses a different config.plist... you should check that you're following post #1 instructions, and check the config.plist for the DVMT-prealloc assumed.

i have unlocked the bios, and set DVMT-prealloc to 128mb, then also tried 160mb

i have unlocked the bios, and set DVMT-prealloc to 128mb, then also tried 160mb

Your config.plist has no such patch.
You should read post #1 guide, and pay close attention to the patches for DVMT-prealloc in the provided config.plist (which you're not using for some reason).

I was able to install using the guide except after creating my user account the screen goes black. Now on startup I get to the login screen and after logging in the screen goes black as well. Has this happened to anyone?

I’ll post what files I can later if need be.

Thanks

EDIT: Just noticed that input on the touchscreen will cause the screen to flicker on temporarily.

Last edited:
I was able to install using the guide except after creating my user account the screen goes black. Now on startup I get to the login screen and after logging in the screen goes black as well. Has this happened to anyone?

I’ll post what files I can later if need be.

Thanks

EDIT: Just noticed that input on the touchscreen will cause the screen to flicker on temporarily.

Your profile appears to be inaccurate (no indication of XPS 9530). Please fix as per FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Screen resolution is missing from "Graphics". Please fix.

and I attached my Clover.zip as I can't get into macOS to post anything else.

No verbose boot photo attached. Please read "Problem Reporting" carefully.

If you have a black screen, use an external monitor or remote desktop to collect additional files.

Note that the config.plist has a patch for ig-platform-id 0x0d26000f, but SSDT-IGPU.aml does not inject that ig-platform-id in any circumstance!

Screen resolution is missing from "Graphics". Please fix.

No verbose boot photo attached. Please read "Problem Reporting" carefully.

If you have a black screen, use an external monitor or remote desktop to collect additional files.

Note that the config.plist has a patch for ig-platform-id 0x0d26000f, but SSDT-IGPU.aml does not inject that ig-platform-id in any circumstance!

It boots fine so I’m not sure when I should take photos of the verbose boot. My issue is a black screen after logging in to macOS. External monitor is black as well. Couldn’t set network up due to black screen so no remoting in either.

EDIT: Just reinstalled and I get through the installation but screen goes black after setting up Mac screen

Last edited:
It boots fine so I’m not sure when I should take photos of the verbose boot. My issue is a black screen after logging in to macOS. External monitor is black as well. Couldn’t set network up due to black screen so no remoting in either.

EDIT: Just reinstalled and I get through the installation but screen goes black after setting up Mac screen

Keep in mind your 4k display requires CoreDisplayFixup.kext.
And your DVMT-prealloc patch *must* match the actual DVMT-prealloc setting.
And the ig-platform-id you're injecting must match the patch you're using for the framebuffer.

Your internal monitor may not be working even though an external monitor will...
Use an external monitor to collect all PR files.

Your config.plist has no such patch.
You should read post #1 guide, and pay close attention to the patches for DVMT-prealloc in the provided config.plist (which you're not using for some reason).

@RehabMan , my first post with error reporting contained the plist provided in post #1. but you said I didn't follow your guide, and when you saw my plist is not from your guide, you did not bother checking the rest of it, that's the reason why i didn't use the plist provided in post#1 this time.

I'll try with the provided plist again.

finally made it to the installer page :) changed a bunch of things, will remove them one by one to check which one made it to work. thanks @RehabMan for pointing me to the right direction, used the provided config.plist again, opened it and saw .aml files listed, same files that are in the ACPI/patched folder provided by the dark-void. will check and post again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back