Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9530 Clover UEFI / Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried to do a fresh install with the files provided in this guide. i can install to a point where I have to select country but then i get a black screen. I cant use HDMI to monitor. Restart shows this :

Attachments

• IMG_1653.PNG
    IMG_1653.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 121
Last edited:
I have managed to do a fresh 10.13. I can't get BT working I have the latest FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and Lilu.kext in Clover/Kext/10.13. Also can't patch Boot graphics glitch.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
I have managed to do a fresh 10.13. I can't get BT working I have the latest FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and Lilu.kext in Clover/Kext/10.13. Also can't patch Boot graphics glitch.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

hi @the-darkvoid , currently trying to unlock my bios. i have an m3800, the one with 4702hq processor and 3200 x 1800 touchscreen. when i "extract body" the compressed part of setup, i have setup.bin, i checked its MD5 and it's not the same as yours. but when i load it to the hexeditor, i can find 01 01 00 01 01 01 01 00 00 00, should i just change it? even if the unmodified setup.bin's MD5 does not match your's?

thanks

took the plunge and just modded the bios, i've got the hidden menus now. flashed modded bios, even if my bios' unmodded MD5 does not match dark void's. i'm on bios version A09

Sorry for my late reply.
For right now I have a lot of work, but I succeed to launch the high sierra installer, so I put here my solution because it could be usefull for another one :
I downloaded High Sierra from Apple Store, but the version was the last one : 10.13.2.
This version is not compatible with the lilu version supplied (1.2), and it's need to update to 1.2.1.

hi @mopi did you still use the createinstallmedia method? or did you switch to basebinary method?

is lilu required in EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHERS in the installation usb?

thanks

hi @RehabMan , need a little help please

having problems installing high sierra

my system is an m3800, 4702hq processor, 16gb ram, 3200x1800 touchscreen, on bios version a09

I have some trouble to boot on the high sierra installation...

- My bios is patched, and all settings are as mentionned in the #1 post, also noticed secureboot has to be disabled and load legacy option rom has to be enabled, if not, i get an error message saying i have to check secureboot
- I follow the instructions from Rehabman's Clover UEFI installation guide :
- I formated my USB disk in GPT mode
- I downloaded and installed Clover (the Rehabman's version)
- I added "HFSPlus.efi" to the /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI folder
- I only put FakeSMS.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext in the kexts/Other folder (there is only Other in my kexts folder)
- I used the config_installer.plist from dardvoid's repo and renamed to config.plist
- my DVMT-Prealocate is set to 128 mb in bios, also tried 96mb and 160mb
- I used the high sierra boot disk with the createinstallmedia method, my high sierra is 10.13.3

I'm not able to boot at all.

What I get is the apple logo, progress bar is 2/3, spinning load circle would appear but would get stuck. if i leave it for a long time, like 10 mins, screen would go blank, no text, not even backlight on the display, but laptop is still on.

if i do verbose boot, and leave it, it will also go to a blank screen

is lilu.kext required for installation?

thanks

hi @RehabMan , need a little help please

having problems installing high sierra

my system is an m3800, 4702hq processor, 16gb ram, 3200x1800 touchscreen, on bios version a09

I have some trouble to boot on the high sierra installation...

- My bios is patched, and all settings are as mentionned in the #1 post, also noticed secureboot has to be disabled and load legacy option rom has to be enabled, if not, i get an error message saying i have to check secureboot
- I follow the instructions from Rehabman's Clover UEFI installation guide :
- I formated my USB disk in GPT mode
- I downloaded and installed Clover (the Rehabman's version)
- I added "HFSPlus.efi" to the /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI folder
- I only put FakeSMS.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext in the kexts/Other folder (there is only Other in my kexts folder)
- I used the config_installer.plist from dardvoid's repo and renamed to config.plist
- my DVMT-Prealocate is set to 128 mb in bios, also tried 96mb and 160mb
- I used the high sierra boot disk with the createinstallmedia method, my high sierra is 10.13.3

I'm not able to boot at all.

What I get is the apple logo, progress bar is 2/3, spinning load circle would appear but would get stuck. if i leave it for a long time, like 10 mins, screen would go blank, no text, not even backlight on the display, but laptop is still on.

if i do verbose boot, and leave it, it will also go to a blank screen

is lilu.kext required for installation?

thanks

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 115
  • Verbose - 2 extra lines, blurred, from video.PNG
    Verbose - 2 extra lines, blurred, from video.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 109
  • Verbose - Clear.JPG
    Verbose - Clear.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back