Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9530 Clover UEFI / Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, this is the High Sierra guide, not the Sierra guide. If you're going to follow all the steps, you'll be installing High Sierra (10.13) on your laptop.

First thing to do is to create the USB installation. For this you'll have to follow the Rehabman Clover UEFI guide. This means downloading the High Sierra app on another Mac first and then follow that guide first to create the USB stick.

You don't need to follow the El Capitan guide, if you follow the steps in the opening post.

There is no need to rename config_installation.plist, because you can select it from the Option menu in Clover when you boot.

The DSDT is necessary for certain things on the motherboard to work. So yes, you need to copy it. Normally you would need to patch this yourself, but the included ones worked fine on my machine.

The 2 kexts from the kexts-extra folder need to be copied AFTER installing macOS. The kext utility will throw away the kernel cache to force reloading all the kexts at boot.

Clover is a multi system bootloader. Windows will appear as an option in Clover after you install it.

thank you. i got it. i installed High Sierra and its good at deskop :)
i have a question when i wanna run OSX and Window that WHEN INSTALLING CLOVER ON SSD: do i need to follow these steps?

Notes on HDD install:
- you might want "EmuVariableUefi-64.efi", but it would depend on whether native NVRAM works for you (most Skylake hardware has non-functional native NVRAM with OS X/macOS)
- select "Install RC scripts on target volume" and/or "Install all RC scripts on all other boot volumes", but not for USB
- selecting "Install Clover Preference Pane" is optional
- there are also some "Optional RC Scripts" you might want to read about
- if you're installing Clover legacy, check "Install Clover in the ESP"

do i need to check "Install RC scripts on target volume" and/or "Install all RC scripts on all other boot volumes" for SSD?

AND

There is no need to rename config_installation.plist, because you can select it from the Option menu in Clover when you boot.

DO i need to rename config_installation.plist if i install Clover on SSD? or i dont want to use Option menu but i wanna default when boot from Clover.

do i need to check "Install RC scripts on target volume" and/or "Install all RC scripts on all other boot volumes" for SSD?

It depends on whether you have some sort of multiboot (eg. multiple versions of macOS/OS X) going on.

DO i need to rename config_installation.plist if i install Clover on SSD? or i dont want to use Option menu but i wanna default when boot from Clover.

Your choice really.
Clover reads config.plist by default.

Ahhhh idk what happen when I booted it (I booted from USB. Haven't install Clover on SSD)
The last time i was on desktop and after I didn't use for a while, when I came back, I thought it's like the screensaver and I moved the mouse but it didn't wake up and I turned off.

IMG_4305.JPG

Ahhhh idk what happen when I booted it (I booted from USB. Haven't install Clover on SSD)
The last time i was on desktop and after I didn't use for a while, when I came back, I thought it's like the screensaver and I moved the mouse but it didn't wake up.

View attachment 294221

Sounds like your computer had a crash upon wake from sleep.

What can I do?

Does anyone else have a problem with waking the LCD after sleep? Everything works perfectly except this. Upon waking the machine up, the keyboard/backlight work, but the LCD panel remains off. I have to do a hard shutdown to get back in. Any ideas?

Does anyone else have a problem with waking the LCD after sleep? Everything works perfectly except this. Upon waking the machine up, the keyboard/backlight work, but the LCD panel remains off. I have to do a hard shutdown to get back in. Any ideas?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, your profile must be filled out as requested in the FAQ. Please fix before your next reply.

now i'm in post intalltion but idk where can i put dsdt to. i downloaded XPS9530-OSX-10.13 but idk what to do with it and where and how to put it in Clover SSD.

now i'm in post intalltion but idk where can i put dsdt to. i downloaded XPS9530-OSX-10.13 but idk what to do with it and where and how to put it in Clover SSD.
DSDT and other .aml files belong in EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched on hard drive (after you have installed clover to hard drive)

you can use EFI mounter software to mount the EFI partition on your hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back