Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9350 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything specific you would like to point me at? ;)

After recreating the whole USB-Drive, using the latest Clover and the Folder above, I got it to boot past that statement, normally it should take me to the Installer now. However, I just got the Apple-Logo with a loadingbar that is empty (so 0% filled) and my mouse in the top left corner, but I'm not able to move it around.
I do boot with "-v", but it still takes me to the screen after all the POST-Stuff got trough, so I cant give you any error-messages from this Point on. :(

Attached you can find the corresponding Picture.

Are you really using the SMBIOS for the 9,1 MB?
Thats what got me I guess.
Remove your Clover (NOT EFI!) Folder, and put mine to the test.
Be sure to make a EC-Reset. To do that, unscrew the Backcover, and carefully(!) remove the Lego-Style connector from the Battery. Hold the Powerbutton for around 30 seconds. (Check here: https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Dell+XPS+13+Teardown/36157)
Put everything back together and try to boot.

I think I'm getting the exact same issue as yours I've done ec reset and changed smbios to 9,1 and with my efi files I created, it boots up to apple logo with no progression where the cursor is at the top left corner of the screen, which is exactly the same issue you're having. I also tried your clover file that you've attached the second time and it stops at this screen(attached file) saying

Dsmos has arrived
~errorcode 8877652

Which is what I've been getting.. I also tried injecting wrong platform-id (0x12345678) and I get similar results... I've struggled with this issue for almost a week and Im not seeing any progression

I'm guessing we have a very similar config xps 13 with i7-6560u, iris540, qhd+, and samsung pm951 nvme drive which is not a common xps 13 configuration :/

Attachments

• 20190316_235708.jpg
    20190316_235708.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 85
remove AirportBrcmFixup.kext from clover/kexts/other

it could be a DVMT issue are able to change this in the BIOS to 64MB or 128MB?
or try an invalid ig-platform id to see if that helps you get through the installer
I'm getting the exact same issue as @Danielkng and I tried changing dvmt with setup_var commands at shell64U and I get the same results... So I'm guessing it's not a DVMT issue :/

I think I'm getting the exact same issue as yours I've done ec reset and changed smbios to 9,1 and with my efi files I created, it boots up to apple logo with no progression where the cursor is at the top left corner of the screen, which is exactly the same issue you're having. I also tried your clover file that you've attached the second time and it stops at this screen(attached file) saying

Dsmos has arrived
~errorcode 8877652

Which is what I've been getting.. I also tried injecting wrong platform-id (0x12345678) and I get similar results... I've struggled with this issue for almost a week and Im not seeing any progression

I'm guessing we have a very similar config xps 13 with i7-6560u, iris540, qhd+, and samsung pm951 nvme drive which is not a common xps 13 configuration :/

I've got the same i7, the Iris 540, but the normal FHD Version with a Toshiba NVMe. So my configuration is pretty standard, compared to yours.

@Feartech
Injecting a invalid *-platform-id brings me no further. Instead of getting the Apple logo as before, it just stays in verbose mode where I can move my mouse around freely.
So it's like it has "forgotten" to show the Apple screen.
DVMT is at 64.
I can't remove the Kext, it is necessary for me to boot. ;)

Appreciate your help so far! I hope we can get this fixed somehow... :(

I've got the same i7, the Iris 540, but the normal FHD Version with a Toshiba NVMe. So my configuration is pretty standard, compared to yours.

@Feartech
Injecting a invalid *-platform-id brings me no further. Instead of getting the Apple logo without progress, it just stays in verbose mode where I can move my mouse around, instead of showing the installer.
DVMT is at 64.
you could try experimenting with AptioMemoryFix-64 files
try one at a time:
OsxAptioFixDrv
OsxAptioFixDrv2
OsxAptioFixDrv3

try one at a time:
OsxAptioFixDrv
OsxAptioFixDrv2
OsxAptioFixDrv3

Thanks, I'm quite busy today, but you can expect some feedback tomorrow. Thanks for keeping up with me :)

Maybe @xpsmojave could try this out, since we've got the same issue (on different hardware, but I guess the root cause might be the same). Might as well upload your EFI-Folder, or use the latest from me (Post #48 I guess).
So we got at least the same EFI-configuration running. :)

I will keep an eye on this Thread, maybe the AptioFixes are the solution. Hopefully. ;)

Thanks, I'm quite busy today, but you can expect some feedback tomorrow. Thanks for keeping up with me :)

Maybe @xpsmojave could try this out, since we've got the same issue (on different hardware, but I guess the root cause might be the same). Might as well upload your EFI-Folder, or use the latest from me (Post #48 I guess).

I will keep an eye on this Thread, maybe the AptioFixes are the solution. Hopefully. ;)
hackintosh can be a trial and error situation

As there´s no updated Mojave guides here on tonymacx86 for my laptop i decided to make one.
(Bear with me as this is first time i try to make a new thread and my native language is not English)

My laptop specs.
Dell XPS 9350 QHD+
I7 6560U
Intel Iris 540 (3200x1800)
16GB 1867 Mhz DDR3 Ram
512GB SK Hynix M.2 Sata HD
DW1560 Wifi – bluetooth 4.0
Bios version 1.9

Bios Settings
As a minimal requirement change RAID to AHCI and disable Secure Boot
But you should check out bozma88´s settings though it´s for 9360 i’m using many off them beside that I also disabled Touchscreen
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...a-10-12-x-lts-long-term-support-guide.213141/

Whats working
Everything beside Cardreader and USB-c hotplug

This guide is based on work done by maz-1 who forked the-darkvoid´s 9360 Repo
https://github.com/the-darkvoid/XPS9360-macOS
And tweaked it to fit the 9350 model
https://github.com/hackintosh-stuff/XPS9350-macOS

You should check his repo frequently for updates as it´s a work in progress.

Issues here:
https://github.com/syscl/XPS9350-macOS/issues/218

All tool´s mentioned not provided with a link is availabel from ”Downloads” Section here.

Download attached CLOVER folder and edit like this:

Open config.plist from attached CLOVER folder in CloverConfigurator
Clover Configurator (Global Edition)
and generate a new SMbios (use drop up/down menu just under the big ?)

View attachment 371645

Use either MB 9,1 - MBP 13,2 or MBP 14,1

( I'm using MB 9,1)

(I have not tested MBP 14,1 but it should work)

Choose one of the 3 Product Models and generate a new Serial Number and new SmUUID

(SmUUID is needed for iMessage and iCloud to work)

DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE IN CONFIG.PLIST

Unless you have a FHD version
Then you need to change UIScale from 2 to 0

View attachment 371646

And maybe apply this fix:
https://github.com/xzhih/one-key-hidpi
After install

Now use that Clover folder for a fresh install
(recommended)

Make a Mojave USB Installer:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-create-a-macos-mojave-public-beta-installation-usb.254626/

Download latest Clover installer
https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/
and install to created USB installer

Settings:
Clover for UEFI booting only
Install Clover in the ESP
UEFI Drivers
(Only that)

View attachment 371647

Then replace Clover folder in USB/EFI folder with the one you edited

After instal
Boot from usb and choose your system disk
When booted to that you need to run Clover installer again with same settings as above (0ptional check Install Clover Preference Pane) but this time you install to your system disk and copy/paste CLOVER folder from USB installer to there.

Hibernation
To disable Hibernation run attached disablehibernate.sh
drag to terminal and execute

Wifi should work OOB if you have a DW 1560/1830

Bluetooth

For Bluetooth to work you need to install BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext (attached) to S/L using KextBeast

ComboJack Installer
(attached)
Drag ComboJack_Installer/install.sh in Terminal to install a daemon that fixes several audio issues including headset

USB
It is a known bug that usb disks get ejected unexpectedly upon sleep/wake, run (attached) syscl-USBFix/install.sh (drag to Terminal) to install a daemon that safely unmount usb disks before sleep and remount after wake.
Note: there's some commercial aps like Jettison that do similar

Powermanegement
For propper powemanegement you need to create a CpuFriendDataProvider.kext

I provided 3 Board-ID plist´s (i7 6500u/i7 6560u) (attached) for each of the sys.def choices to use when making that using ResourceConverter
Download here:
https://github.com/acidanthera/CPUFriend
CpuFriend.kext here:
1.1.5.RELEASE.zip 9.68 KB

Open Terminal and drag ResourceConverter.sh to Terminal

Type --kext and press spacebar once

Then drag the Board-ID.plist (matching your sys.def choice) to Terminal

Then type Create

I should look something like this

View attachment 372035

It will be created in your Home folder
View attachment 371652

Guide here:
https://github.com/acidanthera/CPUFriend/blob/master/Instructions.md
(just don´t pay attention to what it says about IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext
Use attached Board-ID plists optimized for best Powermanegement)

Then mount EFI partition using EFI Mounter v3 and copy CpuFriendDataProvider.kext and CpuFriend. Kext to EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other

If you don´t like the new unified Sleepslider Bar ( i don´t ) in System Preferences/EnergySaver
then before making the CpuFriendDataProvider.kext you open the Board-ID plist for your choice of sys.def. in PlistEdit Pro and change UnifiedSleepSliderPref to NO

View attachment 371653

Undervolting
I undervolted my system to achieve lower temp. and much better battery life without drop in performance
Actually it raised using this completly safe methode:
( it´s working flawlesly)

View attachment 371843

View attachment 371844

Download VoltageShift from here:
https://sitechprog.blogspot.com/2017/06/voltageshift.html

and move it from downloads to the root of your HD

Open Terminal and type cd and pres spacebar once

then drag VoltageShift folder in to Terminal

Then type (or copy/paste)

sudo chown -R root:wheel VoltageShift.kext
(only needed first time)

./voltageshift info

(it should display -0 for all)

Then
./voltageshift offset -XXX -XX -XXX

Replace X´s with your settings

I´m using -100 -30 -100 and it´s stable but you have to test whats optimal for your cpu

If you go to low only ”risk” is that system freeze and you just force shutdown and when booted again all values are reset to -0

And you can just start over

No risk of damage to hardware

When you are satisfied then

sudo ./voltageshift buildlaunchd -XXX -XX -XXX 0 0 0 2

Then it will launch/work after every cold boot – reboot and wake from sleep

If you later want to change settings you have to remove the launchd

./voltageshift removelaunchd

And Shut Down (important) not just reboot

And remember that every time you wanna check/change settings you have to open terminal and type cd and pres spacebar once and then drag VoltageShift folder in to Terminal

There´s also a monitor funktion

./voltageshift mon

To exit monitoring press Ctrl + C keys

View attachment 371710

APFS/HFS+
In Mojave it´s not longer posible to avoid APFS convertion but jaymonkey discovered a workarround:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/using-hfs-instead-of-apfs-for-mojave-update.264001/

I´m using that methode and accomplished much faster bootup time and lower HD temp.

Actually APFS is a drawback to non Apple disks that in some cases makes them slower.
Apple order their disks from manufactures with specified requirements such as special sockets and other things optimized
for APFS.
So I hope that Apple won't implement that future updates prevents it running on HFS+
Or a genius find a workaround like in "the good old days" where Trim only was supported on Apple disks.

My laptop specs same as yours.

But I don't know why, after entered the Clover installation interface, I can't see hard disk,Can only see USB.

Request for help,thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_2873.JPG
    IMG_2873.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 69
try one at a time:
OsxAptioFixDrv
OsxAptioFixDrv2
OsxAptioFixDrv3
Thank you for suggestions!
Is trying those files just putting each of those file in uefidriver folder? If that's the case, I tried each of them and none of them solved the problem :/

Aptiofixes didn't work and I tried your efi folder and that ended up giving me continuous reboot :/ I'll try to upload my efi files soon!

So this is my clover file which I created following this gude:
github.com/hackintosh-stuff/XPS9350-macOS

the only change I made is switching the smbios to macbook9,1 in config.plist and adding OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi to driver64UEFI folder

When I boot the installer with verbose mode I get (attached the screenshot of it)
DSMOS has arrived
~errorcode 8877652

And soon goes to this screen where apple logo with loading bar (with no progression at all) shows up and the mouse cursor is at the top left corner of the screen.

Tried everything I could think of and stuck with the same problem again and again :/

Help would be very appreciated!!

Attachments

• 20190318_142441.jpg
    20190318_142441.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 65
  • 20190318_143340.jpg
    20190318_143340.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 155
  • CLOVER.zip
    6 MB · Views: 79
Status
Not open for further replies.