Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9350 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Edd1024 Thanks for the quick reply !
Unfortunately the installer still crashes right after the ApplePs2Controller I can still partly see that it throws a message of "waiting for root device" and then crash.
I've attached the new EFI folder you suggested and an image of the crash.
(I know the image ain't the best due to the crash unfortunately)

img_0290-jpg.386590
you may need USBInjectAll.kext in clover/kexts/other

also make sure to use a usb2.0 stick and try all ports on your machine

Thanks !
didn't notice that it was missing, it might be why it's throwing the error while waiting for the root device.
Will try in the morning !

Waiting for root device is a different error though. Did you forget HFSPlus or APFS drivers?
waiting for root device, then corrupted screen, is a usb issue

Thanks for all your help so far !
alas I'm still facing problems to get to the installer. I've removed the IC2 files from the CLOVER folder and I have copied the "USBInjectAll.kext" into the other folder as seen in my EFI folder and as suggested I'am indeed using a USB2.0 Stick for this installation.
Now....
The installer stalls with a message of "busy timeout[0], (240s): ´IntelFBClientControl´", this loops 3 times in total and the installer won't move onwards.
Any ideas and help will be appreciated !
Thanks !

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0292.JPG
    IMG_0292.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 66
Thanks for all your help so far !
alas I'm still facing problems to get to the installer. I've removed the IC2 files from the CLOVER folder and I have copied the "USBInjectAll.kext" into the other folder as seen in my EFI folder and as suggested I'am indeed using a USB2.0 Stick for this installation.
Now....
The installer stalls with a message of "busy timeout[0], (240s): ´IntelFBClientControl´", this loops 3 times in total and the installer won't move onwards.
Any ideas and help will be appreciated !
Thanks !
MacBookPro13,1 may be a better choice

also to reach the installer, probably best to start with less so to speak

just have essential kexts in clover/kexts/other the laptop guide has a list of what files should be in there:

also check on your drivers64UEFI folder as the laptop guide mentions what should be in there

use a config.plist from the laptop guide just to get to the installer, you can then use your other one after you have installed

just have essential kexts in clover/kexts/other the laptop guide has a list of what files should be in there:

also check on your drivers64UEFI folder as the laptop guide mentions what should be in there

use a config.plist from the laptop guide just to get to the installer, you can then use your other one after you have installed

Thanks !
I have been using this guide as well before (have been trying all guides for laptops I could find).
But i'm going to give it another shot.
I'll report back if i'm able to install the OS.

So I've followed the laptop guide as I've done before and I get the same errors I used to get.
When running the installer it attempts a restart and is stuck there.
After now 4 days of attempts I'm starting to loose hope for this laptop :wave:
The only thing that annoys me a little, is that I can see other people have been able to pull it off on this model.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0293.JPG
    IMG_0293.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 60
So I've followed the laptop guide as I've done before and I get the same errors I used to get.
When running the installer it attempts a restart and is stuck there.
After now 4 days of attempts I'm starting to loose hope for this laptop :wave:
The only thing that annoys me a little, is that I can see other people have been able to pull it off on this model.
seems strange to get a kernel panic like that when you have no wifi kext in clover/kexts/other

can you confirm the efi you have uploaded is the one you are using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back