Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9350 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I followed the instructions and when I tried to install the combojack install.sh, it shows
Code:
TTs-MacBook:~ tt$ /Volumes/USB/Mojave/ComboJack_Installer/install.sh
Password:
rm: /usr/local/bin/ALCPlugFix: No such file or directory
rm: /Library/LaunchAgents/good.win.ALCPlugFix: No such file or directory
rm: /Library/LaunchDaemons/good.win.ALCPlugFix: No such file or directory
rm: /usr/local/sbin/hda-verb: Not a directory
chmod: /usr/local/sbin/ComboJack: Not a directory
chown: /usr/local/sbin/ComboJack: Not a directory
same thing with the syscl USB
Code:
TTs-MacBook:~ tt$ /Volumes/USB/Mojave/syscl-USBFix/install.sh
rm: /usr/local/sbin/sleepwatcher: Not a directory
chmod: /usr/local/sbin/sleepwatcher: Not a directory
chown: /usr/local/sbin/sleepwatcher: Not a directory

Can I use the i7 Board-ID plist for i5 6200U? Thank you for this great guide.

Run `sudo rm /usr/local/sbin && mkdir -p /usr/local/sbin/` in terminal
I am using homebrew so did not realize that /usr/local/sbin does not exist on a fresh mac os install

Tried this finally out, so far it works really decent, even after the update to 10.14.3. The wake does not always work as it should (the screen remains black) but the next sleep/wake cycle brings the solution. Also the trackpad didn't want to work with 10.14.0.

Again: very nice, thanks!

It continues to loop the (240s): 'IntelFBClientControl', 'ApplePS2MouseDevice" for 3 counts then starts the count over again. Please help
IMG_3725.jpeg

Last edited:
Could anyone solve the black screen problem after wake up or after screen times out on login screen etc?

If screen sleeps for some reason, it never comes back. I can see the backlight and I can hear the charging sound and everything is working as far as I can tell but screen doesnt wake up

Here, closing the lid and opening it again helps in most cases. Also waiting to turn off and then pressing any key. I'm also trying to find a solution but so far I didn"t find any hint what it could be...

Here, closing the lid and opening it again helps in most cases. Also waiting to turn off and then pressing any key. I'm also trying to find a solution but so far I didn"t find any hint what it could be...
my screen doesn't come up at all, even after closing the lid or opening it again doesn't help. It's completely gone.I have to force shutdown and reboot. :(

Hi Guys new to the site, but been peeping around for some time now.
When trying to setup the Dell xps 9350 i5-6200u I can't get to the installer.
It seems like it hits a hard block or something.
I have included the EFI folder as a zip file in the post and a picture of (one) of the many failed attempts to launch the installer.
Thanks in advance for any help !
-looks like it's trying to alloc the VoodoPS2 file and then afterwards waiting for the root device.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0287.JPG
    IMG_0287.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 78
When trying to setup the Dell xps 9350 i5-6200u I can't get to the installer.
If you're using the EFI folder from the post #1 remove all kexts from /kexts/Other having I2C in their name and also everything from the /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched directory.

Use the complete EFI folder after you finish the installation process.

If this error comes up again you will have to add the two I2C patches by CoolStar. RehabMan hast them in one supplemental file, search the forum or google, they're easy to find.

Good luck!

If you're using the EFI folder from the post #1 remove all kexts from /kexts/Other having I2C in their name and also everything from the /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched directory.

Use the complete EFI folder after you finish the installation process.

If this error comes up again you will have to add the two I2C patches by CoolStar. RehabMan hast them in one supplemental file, search the forum or google, they're easy to find.

Good luck!

@Edd1024 Thanks for the quick reply !
Unfortunately the installer still crashes right after the ApplePs2Controller I can still partly see that it throws a message of "waiting for root device" and then crash.
I've attached the new EFI folder you suggested and an image of the crash.
(I know the image ain't the best due to the crash unfortunately)

img_0290-jpg.386590

Attachments

• IMG_0290.JPG
    IMG_0290.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 596
  • EFI.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back