As there´s no updated Mojave guides here on tonymacx86 for my laptop i decided to make one.
If you followed the guide everything should work.I followed your guide for my 9350 and it has some problems:
- laptop won't boot until i replace virtualsmc with fakesmc.
- the CpuFriendDataProvider.kext created by using your id board plist file make the os crash, i have to use stevenzheng's method https://github.com/stevezhengshiqi/one-key-cpufriend
- two finger click for right mouse won't work until i copy voodoo... kext to L/E
Anyway, the laptop now running flawlessly, thank you very much for your hard works.
p/s: how long the battery last for your 9350 ? mine is around 4 hour (i don't try the undervolting)
I hope other users can help you as I´m not using HDMI.Hey @xpsmojave , I've got a couple of issues with my current set up.
Hardware is DELL XPS 9350, 8GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, i7 6560U.
1) My issue is I can't connect to my USB C monitor via a USB C to USB C Cable. The funny thing is, I managed to connect it about a week ago and everything was working fine EXCEPT the Audio. It was still coming from the internal speakers and I couldn't manage to fix it, and then I tried running scripts and stuff but nothing seemed to work.
The weird thing is, I have a USB C to HDMI dock I borrowed from a friend, and HDMI (And audio over HDMI) worked fine on that dock (A Hyperdrive Ultimate). But when I try to plug in my Monitor via USB C while booting, after booting or whenever, it doesn't work. I know it has worked before, but I genuinely don't know why or how it managed to do that with the same cable and my tinkering messed it up. Cable works through Display port apparently. Attached pics from System information in the problem files.
2) Bluetooth stops working sometimes after the computer goes to sleep. I'll see the bluetooth symbol in the Menu bar but it has a Zig-Zag line going through it saying Bluetooth not found. So I have to restart the computer in order to connect any bluetooth devices or AirDrop, which is annoying but I can live. Any ways to fix this?
3) Whenever I leave my computer for long periods of time unused, it has to reboot everything. It's not as simple as sleep and wake, especially long periods like more than 3 or 4 hours. I have to wait for it to go through clover and everything before I get to Desktop. I don't know if thats how it is in this Hackintosh, but I've got a Lenovo Y50 Hackintosh running High Sierra and it doesn't behave as such.
4) AUDIO drops out randomly, like it POPs, sometimes when watching a youtube video or listening to Spotify, and then goes silent. And when I pause and play it remains silent, it pops again whenever I am supposed to hear sound. I USED TO fix it by taking the back panel off, unplugging and replugging the speaker wires to the Motherboard. However, I recently found out that I can just close the lid and make it work again after logging in (No need to reboot). That does not sound like a known problem, but it is one that I am experiencing. It is very random.
I hope other users can help you as I´m not using HDMI.
Reboot problem may be because you did´nt execute the disablehibernate.sh
Would you happen to know how to solve Bluetooth being broken after waking from sleep (Closing lid for extended periods)
Can try this also if you have DW1830 wireless cardWould you happen to know how to solve Bluetooth being broken after waking from sleep (Closing lid for extended periods)