Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 8930 Mojave 10.14.6 (Updated to Catalina 10.15.7), RX580/UHD630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Di
@dandelionclock
Could you please upload your EFI and L/E folder? I have updated to 10.15.6 from 10.14 and cannot get audio to work with the latest AppleALC, Lilu and Whatevergreen. Only the displayport and hdmi audio wok....
Did you move all your Kexts to efi partition?

Hi, dandelionclock,
I have a XPS 8930 with Nvidia 1070 (Changed to RX580). Your guide is detailed and helped me a lot.
Moreover, as Clover does not support Macos11 anymore, do you have any plan to switch Clover to Opencore?

Hi, dandelionclock,
I have a XPS 8930 with Nvidia 1070 (Changed to RX580). Your guide is detailed and helped me a lot.
Moreover, as Clover does not support Macos11 anymore, do you have any plan to switch Clover to Opencore?
I thought they’re working on clover support on Big Sur? If I don’t have to, I would rather not switch to OpenCore. But if I have to, I guess I will try to figure it out at some point. I usually wait a while and learn from other people’s experience before I jump on any upgrades.

Hi, dandelionclock
I have the same specification with yours.
I test the hibernationfixuo.kext. It really works for me. Just simply add it into the clover/other, and the hibernation is much better now.

Hi, dandelionclock
I have the same specification with yours.
I test the hibernationfixuo.kext. It really works for me. Just simply add it into the clover/other, and the hibernation is much better now.
What do you mean by much better? Could you explain?

What do you mean by much better? Could you explain?
I mean the hibernation works if it sleep for a while. The hackintosh works normally after wakeup, so it is not required to close the hibernation. However, I also found that if it sleeps for whole night, the time stops syncing and hackintosh goes down.

Hi all, i seem to be hitting walls on get the installer going for 10.13 and even 10.14 Attached is the error that I am getting in verbose mode. Any thoughts? Please let me know if anything else is needed.

Attachments

• IMG_0216.jpeg
    IMG_0216.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 68
Any thoughts? Please let me know if anything else is needed.

Hi there.

Please complete your hardware Profile with details as requested by an Admin here. It's a part of the Site Rules and will allow others viewing your post to be able to help. Thanks. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back