Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 8930 Mojave 10.14.6 (Updated to Catalina 10.15.7), RX580/UHD630

Status
Not open for further replies.
SMBIOS: iMac18,3 (Use iMac18,1 if you do not have a discrete graphic card)

Thanks dandelionclock,

I'll give it a shot.

Edit: Unfortunately that didn't work. I'll see if I can work out how to edit the other section.

Last edited:
If possible would you mind sending me your config.plist file to look at. I suspect I have a few things in here that are now no longer required =\

Attachments

• config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 121
If possible would you mind sending me your config.plist file to look at. I suspect I have a few things in here that are now no longer required =\
It's in my very first post. Nothing has been changed since 10.14

I updated to 10.15.1. You will need to update WhateverGreen to the latest version for AMD graphics. No settings change though.

FYI, I found that on my machine SD card causes instant wake from sleep. I need to to set connecter to 0xff to fix it.

Hi, I just put in an order (black friday deal) for a Dell 8930 myself. https://deals.dell.com/en-ca/productdetail/3gl8
It comes with an Intel® Core™ i7 9700 and nVidia RTX 2060. So is there no hope of somehow doing some sort of BIOS configuration to dual boot into macOS occasionally (and use the built-in Intel UHD 630) without physically removing the nvidia card?

Hi, I just put in an order (black friday deal) for a Dell 8930 myself. https://deals.dell.com/en-ca/productdetail/3gl8
It comes with an Intel® Core™ i7 9700 and nVidia RTX 2060. So is there no hope of somehow doing some sort of BIOS configuration to dual boot into macOS occasionally (and use the built-in Intel UHD 630) without physically removing the nvidia card?
Unfortunately I have not found a way to do so. I think dell made it such that the bios would disable the graphics output of the onboard graphics when a discrete graphics is detected. If convenient dual boot is your priority you can always install High Sierra instead which I believe still has web driver support.

Thanks, for the information!

I've been looking at some other places on the web and one person in the dell forum said that it's possible to connect and use a second monitor to the IGPU provided that you have some monitor connected to the discrete GPU. Mind you this is all under Windows and the poster wanted to run monitors on the separate the GPUs for some reason.

One more thing is that SSDT-EC should not be injected as it can cause random KP due to existing "H_EC" in OEM DSDT.
Also in BIOS "Virtualized I/O" should be disabled to prevent random KP as well.

Last edited:
updated to catalina and lost audio
used your AppleALC.kext and it did not work :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back