Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 8930 Big Sur 11.4 (upgraded from Catalina 10.15.7), RX580/UHD630, OpenCore

I already did the comparison and made the necessary adjustments. Just now checked my config.plist with Sanity Checker and made suggested changes. Still I encounter the exact same problems, on first run progress bar freezes, on second boot 'OC: failed to load configuration'... Below the EFI i used on last attempt.

In the meanwhile managed to update to Big Sur 11.1 without any changes to my old EFI (oc 0.6.3).

Would like to be able to update to newer versions of OC and kexts, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 95
I already did the comparison and made the necessary adjustments. Just now checked my config.plist with Sanity Checker and made suggested changes. Still I encounter the exact same problems, on first run progress bar freezes, on second boot 'OC: failed to load configuration'... Below the EFI i used on last attempt.

In the meanwhile managed to update to Big Sur 11.1 without any changes to my old EFI (oc 0.6.3).

Would like to be able to update to newer versions of OC and kexts, any help would be greatly appreciated!
no, it is the ocvalidate tool you want to use that comes with opencore

Ok I used the ocvalidate tool. This turned up the result in screenshot below

Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 00.04.03.png

Did the adjustments to PlayChime and SetupDelay.
Still have the exact same problems...

Ok I used the ocvalidate tool. This turned up the result in screenshot below

View attachment 504698
Did the adjustments to PlayChime and SetupDelay.
Still have the exact same problems...
yes, they have changed the PlayChime section, check the sample.plist against yours

I already did the full comparison, changed everything that I should change. The PlayChime section isn't, as I thought it wouldn't, the culprit of my problem. I can't boot with opencore 0.6.5, I get 'OC: failed to load configuration'. When I boot with my hard drive (which has my EFI with OC 0.6.3) and subsequently try to boot with my USB (which has OC 0.6.5 and updated kexts) I can get past the 'OC: failed to load...' message to the picker, after that I get the Apple logo with an empty progress bar, which stays empty... only solution is to power down and boot again with my hard drive. Any ideas on why I get the OC message and why the progress bar doesn't move?

I already did the full comparison, changed everything that I should change. The PlayChime section isn't, as I thought it wouldn't, the culprit of my problem. I can't boot with opencore 0.6.5, I get 'OC: failed to load configuration'. When I boot with my hard drive (which has my EFI with OC 0.6.3) and subsequently try to boot with my USB (which has OC 0.6.5 and updated kexts) I can get past the 'OC: failed to load...' message to the picker, after that I get the Apple logo with an empty progress bar, which stays empty... only solution is to power down and boot again with my hard drive. Any ideas on why I get the OC message and why the progress bar doesn't move?
your audio section:
Code:
<key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>AudioCodec</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
            <key>AudioDevice</key>
            <string>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)</string>
            <key>AudioOut</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
            <key>AudioSupport</key>
            <false/>
            <key>MinimumVolume</key>
            <integer>20</integer>
            <key>PlayChime</key>
            <false/>
            <key>VolumeAmplifier</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
        </dict>

and from the sample.plist:
Code:
<key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>AudioCodec</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
            <key>AudioDevice</key>
            <string>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)</string>
            <key>AudioOut</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
            <key>AudioSupport</key>
            <false/>
            <key>MinimumVolume</key>
            <integer>20</integer>
            <key>PlayChime</key>
            <string>Auto</string>
            <key>SetupDelay</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
            <key>VolumeAmplifier</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
        </dict>

OK sorry, didn't post my config.plist in which I changed the audio section, because I didn't think it's an issue, I still have the same problems after the change in the audio section. You can find my config.plist with changed audio section (which still gives me the same troubles) below.

Attachments

• config.plist
    26.8 KB · Views: 75
OK sorry, didn't post my config.plist in which I changed the audio section, because I didn't think it's an issue, I still have the same problems after the change in the audio section. You can find my config.plist with changed audio section (which still gives me the same troubles) below.
your config.plist passes ocvalidate

assumed when you upgraded you replaced:
BOOTx64.efi
OpenCore.efi
Bootstrap.efi
and drivers etc ?

Back