Contribute
Register

Guide: Dell XPS 8500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi try boot few time from usb with that -v -x -f it will work,good luck

What are the recommended options for Multibeast for 10.8.3 or 10.8.4?

Hi! When im trying to boot up after multibeast installation i cant boot up just black screen. Some tutorial for 10.8.4? I havent combo update the OS i got it when i downloaded mountain lion from appstore.
Many thanks Robin

Hi All,

I hope this thread doesn't die - please! I have been doing a lot of reading and got a spanking XPS 8500 deal for $524 shipped! I really want to do a hackingtosh but I also have a need to have windows so I want to do a dual boot. Can you leave the current hard drive with Windows 8 alone (or unplug it) and purchase a new HDD for ML?

Hi All,

I hope this thread doesn't die - please! I have been doing a lot of reading and got a spanking XPS 8500 deal for $524 shipped! I really want to do a hackingtosh but I also have a need to have windows so I want to do a dual boot. Can you leave the current hard drive with Windows 8 alone (or unplug it) and purchase a new HDD for ML?

Its always best to use completely separate drives for the two operating systems, here is a guide : http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

Adrian B

Hi Leonowski, I was successful installing the OSX on my XPS, but I`m having some bugs, can you help me?
When I start the OSX, I got an white screen with one cursor, to enter in desktop I need to press the power button fast, put on sleep and them back. And when I shutdown, it start to beep. I've read some posts about it, but no solution worked fine with my xps.
Beside that, how can I hide the loading when it's starting?
By the way, thanks for the guide! It saved my life!
Sorry for any english error, I'm out of practice.

Hi everybody,

Since many days, I try to install Mountain Lion on my Dell XPS 8500 (with Nvidia 640)
using Unibeast. I read different articles, tried various options, but I can't manage to complete my installation.

So, I use my pendrive Unibeast ML, I can boot with GraphicEnabler=no and -x option (thank raiden00)
The installation is ok, and I can reboot with the same options.
But when I want to install Multibeast options, I'm completly lost, and all answers found during reading
are not good for me.

I would like to have some help from someone who has the same configuration, or not.
I know Linux and Mac, but a real beginner for hackintosh.

By default, after an installation, i can boot with GraphicEnabler=no and -x.
It seems no sound card is installed, but driver described available with Multibeast doesn't work.
Sorry for my stupid questions. I tried to do it myself, but after several days, I think I need help.
Thank you, and thank tonymacx86 and others for these wonderful tools and forums.

Here is the verbose mode when I try to boot normally.
IMG_20130908_191843.jpg

First Time doing this hackintosh thing.

I have a bootable version of ML(10.8.5). The few problems that I am having are:

- Stuck at log in screen for a few minutes until I am able to type or move my mouse. It will not let me type or move my mouse at all before then.
- I can't get audio to work. Its grey and has a circle with a slash through it like I have nothing installed.(I have followed guides on pictures on how to set it up on multi beast)
- I can't stream youtube videos with my graphics card and it seems to have a terrible time searching the internet....lines keep going through my screen. It is the HD4000 I am connected to and I am connected via HDMI.

Please any comments or suggestions? I have searched the web and tried everything! :banghead:

Anyone updated to 10.8.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back