Contribute
Register

Guide: Dell XPS 8500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i try to install Mac OS on dell xps 8500, but it has apple logo screen freeze up before enter install language screen. some 1 can help me out plz!

Attachments

• IMG_0562[1].jpg
    IMG_0562[1].jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 609
I just received an XPS 8500 with the 640 graphics card. I have installed using unibeast ML however, when I rebooted to the install I have no ethernet. I can run multi beast and see what happens. I was hoping to update to 10.8.3 before using multi beast.

This is interesting because the system profiler shows the network card, but says it's disconnected.

I got it up and running using the multibeast configuration someone posted early in this thread. I cloned the drive and updated the backup to 10.8.3, of course things went haywire. Even booting with -x the boot hung at the IOFamily for bluetooth. Now I am going to try to run multibeast off the non-upgraded partition to install the drivers I need. Seems like a lot of work to keep the system at the current iteration of mountain lion.

It looks like when I boot from the upgraded partition it hangs at:

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:

com.apple.driver.AppleRTC(1.5) followed by serial numbers and some hexadecimal
dependency com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.4) more serial numbers and hex.

I don't think I'm going to be able to repatch using multibeast unless I repave the whole partition. Anyone have any ideas?

Dual booting of this machine is really a pain. The model I have has a 32GB SSD setup in a raid with the 2TB hard drive, so with the BIOS setup for AHCI disks, it can't boot windows, when you switch to RAID it reformats the OS 10.8 disk. This really sucks. I really wanted teh version of the machine with a single HDD. MY IT guy ordered this version.

Does anyone know about how to clone the raid drive to a single disk and keep the Win 7 install?

I succeeded in dual booting by cloning the raided hard drive to a normal 2TB drive. Seems to be working just the way I'd like. I can see the disks from the mac os install so moving files back and forth should be easy. Still don't know how to go to 10.8.3

Anyone updated to 10.8.4?
If so any issues?

Hi,just follow post here set up ML 10.8.3,anything work good only wifi not work,i'm try update to 10.8.4 then let your guy to known late,thank you.

Hi, I followed exact instruction and is working on 10.8.4

However, when upgrading from 10.8.3 to 10.8.4, some thing can not be boot up. try boot -v -x then fix kext few time Safe mode works. Just want to let you guys know upgrade to 10.8.4. wifi still not working, Have a good day.

I am trying to update to os 10.4 after upgrading the system I booted with GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x I get the following hand during boot|:

GeForceSensors(0) chipset: GK107 (NVE7) bios 80.07.45.00
GeForceSensors(0): Started
USBMSC Identifier (Non-unique): 058F63626476 0x58f 0x6262 0x100

I have unplugged everyting but network and keyboard. This is very irritating I have googled the USBMSC Identifier problem, but I have no more ideas.

Ok so I am now trying to upgrade my cloned partition to 10.8.3 using the combo updater from 10.3.1. After the combo update before reboot, I have installed Chimera 2.0.1 and run multibeast 5.3.1 with the settings shown in the screenshot. The boot stops after it sets up the MAC framework. I'm sorry I can't remember the exact failure mode. Is there something obviously wrong with my setup in multi beast? When I try to use the -x flag I get the same USBMSC error I wrote about before.

Screen Shot 2013-06-21 at 4.56.22 PM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back