Contribute
Register

Guide: Dell XPS 8500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I got my USB 2.0 and 3.0 work upon installation, not sure with the front USB since I dont have it with my chassis....

i managed to make OS Sierra work on my XPS 8500 board, the only problem I got is the ethernet, does anyone have a kext for it? or if I use Multibeast, i can have it work,

Im afraid to use multibeast since I don't know how should I configure it on my build.

Thanks!
did you use any boot flags?

my Hackintosh is now fully working. Thanks for the help everyone. Happy New Year! =)

Used multibeast to make it work BTW.

my Hackintosh is now fully working. Thanks for the help everyone. Happy New Year! =)

Used multibeast to make it work BTW.

Rico2017, can you please post your Multibeast config?

Here it is buddy,

Actually, I just installed it to make the USB working but it is not properly working when inserting an external hard drive...
it reboots.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 8.58.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 8.58.59 PM.png
    85.2 KB · Views: 227
Any update ?
is there anyone having High siera herE? thanks!

Rico2017, sorry for the late reply. My notifications weren't on. Thanks for the config.

I see you're using 14,2. I am using 13,2. But my system restarts EVERY day. I've tried to troubleshoot the ethernet, video, etc. But I can't figure out what's going on. I'm going to try the 14,2.

This was originally a Multibeast install, using MacPro 3,1. At some point I wanted to upgrade past my current OS (Yosemite) and it wouldn't let me - as the old MacPro definition made the update unavailable. So I used Clover Config to install 13,2...and that's when the reboots began.

Attached are my actual system specs from Dell. Like you, I'd like to get up to High Sierra on this box. But I need it to be fairly stable, as I use the system in production daily.

I also upgraded the RAM to 32Gig. I'm wondering if that is related to the reboots. Hackintoshing is an ever evolving art, so if I'm not involved for a few months (due to an actual stable system!) I come back to an ever changing world!

Attachments

• Dell XPS 8500 specs.png
    Dell XPS 8500 specs.png
    135.5 KB · Views: 207
Hi buddy, i just updated my system to High Sierra today, I am also new to Mac/Hackintoshing so I am really nervous waiting to boot, but the late sleep is all worth it. I think this is good to go for now...

I am not sure, why you are bothered wiht 14,2 etc... I did rename mine after installation...

I can't figure out why your reboots, it didnt happend to me....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 9.34.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 9.34.47 AM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 170
I mess up my config.plist file and not booting now, the bad thing is I lost my USB installer...
can anybody help if can I just download config.plist , thanks

anyone here to manage the front USB & Audio working? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back