Contribute
Register

Guide: Dell XPS 8500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything works fine in 10.9.4 -- except the audio wake-from-sleep issue. Same as 10.9.3.

Thank you very much for the update. I really hope that audio issue can be fixed in 10.9.4 but it wasn't!
Thanks,
mddosx

Everything works fine in 10.9.4 -- except the audio wake-from-sleep issue. Same as 10.9.3.

update: iMessage stopped working for me. Regular iMessage fix does not seem to work. It seems to be related to Chameleon v3. Does anyone else have this problem?

I upgraded to 10.9.5 using your tips. Thanks a lot.

Yes I got the same problem with iMessage (not because of the upgrade). However I think it's security enhancement to avoid (celebrity) hacking so i called customer care and waited until I spoke to some agent. After I provided the code (10 digits or so), they let me in just fine.

Has anyone tried Yosemite on this XPS 8500? The multibeast and unibeast have been updated to support this but I would wait for the pros to do it first. Let me know if there is good news.

Thanks,
mddosx

Has anyone tried Yosemite on this XPS 8500? The multibeast and unibeast have been updated to support this but I would wait for the pros to do it first. Let me know if there is good news.

Thanks,
mddosx

Just tried, going back to 10.9.5. Will wait for the pros.

Looks like the issue might be my Nvidia GeForce 650 TI Ugh

I upgraded to 10.9.5 using your tips. Thanks a lot.

Yes I got the same problem with iMessage (not because of the upgrade). However I think it's security enhancement to avoid (celebrity) hacking so i called customer care and waited until I spoke to some agent. After I provided the code (10 digits or so), they let me in just fine.

I need to get my iMessage working, but I'm a bit nervous about calling Apple. What's involved? Where do you get the "code"? Is it your UUID?

Thanks!

DRD2aiki

Will check it out. Thanks!

Just finish a 100% working Yosemite install in my XPS 8500, just a few tips:

Kernel Flags: -f dart=0 nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1

If you VGA is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 1023 MB, use web driver 334.01 and don't upgrade. Only with this drive i got triple display always working.

If you use virtualization, like virtualbox or vmware fusion, use "RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90" in Multibeast. AppleRTL8169Ethernet 2.0.6 will break you networking host and vm.

If you VGA is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 1023 MB, use web driver 334.01 and don't upgrade. Only with this drive i got triple display always working.

If you use virtualization, like virtualbox or vmware fusion, use "RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90" in Multibeast. AppleRTL8169Ethernet 2.0.6 will break you networking host and vm.

You rock, I am finally up and running now that i have the right flags

What do you use to get the audio working?

hello. i was able to install mac os x mountain lion with graphic card and audio worked but something seem not right on the motherboard. anyone know whys the motherboard temperature is kinda hot? mine was about 60C idle. the funny thing was my cpu and gpu only around 40C. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back