Contribute
Register

Guide: Dell XPS 8500

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed Mavericks on a New SSD. Everything went flawlessy. I have the GT 640 graphics card in my XPS 8500.
Had to use "-x" flag while booting using USB(while booting installer and also the first boot before running Multibeast).
Post install in Multibeast I had to choose the following after choosing DSDT Free in Quick Start.

1. Drivers -> Audio -> Without DSDT -> ALC887/888b Current v100302
2. Drivers -> Disk -> 3rd Party SATA (From DSDT Free in Quick Start)
3. Drivers -> Disk -> TRIM Enabler -> 10.9.0 TRIM Patch
4. Drivers -> Misc -> FakeSMC v5.3.820 (From DSDT Free in Quick Start)
5. Drivers -> Network -> Realtek - Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90
6. Drivers -> System -> AppleACPIPlatform Rollback -> 10.8.1 Rollback
7 Drivers -> System -> Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement -> AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset (From DSDT Free in Quick Start)
8. Bootloaders -> Chimera v2.2.1 (From DSDT Free in Quick Start)
9. Customize -> Boot Options -> Basic Boot Options (From DSDT Free in Quick Start)
10. Customize -> Boot Options -> Generate CPU States (From DSDT Free in Quick Start)
11. Customize -> Boot Options -> Hibernate Mode - Desktop (From DSDT Free in Quick Start)
12. Customize -> Boot Options -> Use KernelCache (From DSDT Free in Quick Start)
13. Customize -> System Definition -> iMac -> iMac 13,1 (Changed from Mac Pro 3,1)
14. Customize -> Themes -> tonymacx86 Black(From DSDT Free in Quick Start)

To Make iMessages work I had install the FileNVRAM.dylib

I'm getting an kernal panel complaining about appleintelcpu? any help would be appreciated

this is on the xps8500 w/ i3 cpu and amd 6770

edit: got it booting by adding the maverick 10.9 appleintel patch thing i dont know the exact name, but its a selection in the drop down list.
also had to edit amd5000, 6000, and x300 kext for the amd 6770, but so far so good was able to get it to boot, but did have a problem where the screen like.. shakes left to right with a blur but rebooting got rid of it, i think it was caused by sleep ill look into it but got to fix imessage first

also if anyone knows how to get the xps8500 working with onboard intel hd2500 some help would be most appreciated! (to get airplay to work)

I have it working on my Dell XPS 8500 as well flawlessly.

I was wondereng if any of you have it working on UEFI using clover?

Thank you!

If this thread still has a heartbeat. I purchased an XPS8500 a while back, and actually began to like windows 8 (Installed in UEFI), but I want to use FCP. Is it possible to put the new os on a different drive, and dual boot using Clover. Also has anyone attempted to upgrade to Mavericks since the hardware is compatible. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I haven't worked on a mac since the old colored iMacs

I was able to install Mavericks onto my XPS using Unibeast. I was able to start the installer from unibeast in safeboot, Mavericks installed fine, so I restarted using unibeast and launched multibeast 6. I installed all of the recommended kexts and chimera 2.2, but when I went to boot from the hard drive, I get an error that says:
boot0: GPT, boot0: test, boot0: test, boot0: test boot0: GPT, boot0: test, boot0: test, boot0: test, boot0: error.
Until I could find a fix for this I used Unibeast to boot, but if I boot out of safeboot I just see the spinning wheel under the apple logo. If anybody is out there, some help would be extremely appreciated.

Edit: I did some more research and fixed it.

If you could post exactly what you did, as sareddy did on 10/15, that would be a great help.

Hi

I successfully installed 10.8.5 on my Dell XPS 8500. However i am having sleep and shut down issues. Sleep only works if i log in and press the power button. Using sleep in the apple menu causes it to wake up after a few seconds. When using shut down, it powers back on. Any solutions?

This may not help you, but I have mine working but used slightly different parameters or I would get kernel panic with a message regarding AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment. I had to add:

Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement > OS X 10.9.0 Drivers

and I used Mac Pro 3,1.

So Multibeast looks like this:

Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > ALC887/888b Current v100302 Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > HDAEnabler

Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.0 TRIM Patch
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820
Drivers > Network > Realtek - Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90
Drivers > System > AppleACPIPlatform Rollback > 10.8.1 Rollback
Drivers > System > Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement > OS X 10.9.0 Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

Has anyone had success with the 10.9.2 update on an XPS 8500 today? I tried but had to revert back to 10.9.1 via Carbon Copy Cloner because I could not get it to boot after the update

Has anyone had success with the 10.9.2 update on an XPS 8500 today? I tried but had to revert back to 10.9.1 via Carbon Copy Cloner because I could not get it to boot after the update

ok so I figured it out and it was a pain. I could not boot into 10.9.2 at all with any boot options that I could figure out. What I had to do was boot into my cloned 10.9.1 partition and then run multibeast but apply it to the 10.9.2 partition using the following options

Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > ALC887/888b Current v100302
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > HDAEnabler

Drivers > System > Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement > OS X 10.9.0
Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset

The rest should all be there from the previous version.
Everything is up and running now with no issues that I can see

ok so I figured it out and it was a pain. I could not boot into 10.9.2 at all with any boot options that I could figure out. What I had to do was boot into my cloned 10.9.1 partition and then run multibeast but apply it to the 10.9.2 partition using the following options

Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > ALC887/888b Current v100302
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > HDAEnabler

Drivers > System > Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement > OS X 10.9.0
Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset

The rest should all be there from the previous version.
Everything is up and running now with no issues that I can see

There's an easier way. Just boot into the multibeast os x installer, and start the terminal. Delete (or to be safe, just rename) the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in /Volumes/YOUR DISK/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext . Then reboot into your maverick installations with your favorite boot options and no kernel panics, and continue the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back