Contribute
Register

Guide: Dell XPS 8500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the late reply. My system was unstable on High Sierra likely due to the graphics card I had. Constant freezes, regardless of what I did to configure it. So I just stayed with El Capitan until I was willing to switch video cards.

I just install received and installed the Fenvi FV-T919. Worked out-of-the-box and now I have better Bluetooth, native wifi, air drop, and I can login to my system using my Apple watch. Definitely recommended!

I wanted to upgrade to Mojave because I bought my wife a new Mac Mini and was so impressed with the new bells and whistles. Also, I needed to update my system to support Docker for Mac. So I solve all problems and one fair swoop.:)
Hello! I wondered how your XPS 8500 is running and whether you have attempted installing Mac OS Catalina. And, returning to Mojave, did you create your installer and install using Unibeast? I am now running High Sierra with no apparent issues, but High Sierra is right on the brink of being unsupported. I fully realize that moving beyond High Sierra will kill off my OEM WiFi, but isn't a major issue for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back